Galaxy S5 Mini to feature 4.5-inch 720p display, 1.5GB RAM?
Renowned Samsung fan-site SamMobile claims it has been handed the upcoming Galaxy S5 Mini smartphone's leaked specs. The alleged Samsung SM-G800's purported technical recipe sounds decent - 4.5-inch 720p SAMOLED display, quad-core Snapdragon 400 CPU, a rare 1.5GB RAM, 16GB storage memory, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front cam, and a 2100mAh battery.
In addition, the phone will run Android 4.4 KitKat and feature the Galaxy S5's IP67 certification, which means the device is completely protected against dust and good for staying at least 30 minutes under 1 meter of water. It seems the Galaxy S5's landmark heart-rate and fingerprint sensors aren't coming to the party, but maybe they'll become ubiquitous mid-range offerings some day. Or, maybe not.
Anyway, we'd like to point out that, so far, the only smartphones with the unusual 1.5GB of RAM by Samsung have been the Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Galaxy Grand 2 phablets, along with last year's Galaxy S4 Mini. Interestingly, the Grand 2's specs are an exact match with what SamMobile asserts to, with the exception of the display diagonal. So either we're being fooled, or Samsung is about to release a Galaxy Grand 2 Mini in M-sized Galaxy S5 clothing.
Regardless, the Galaxy S5 Mini's launch is expected to happen in June, an year after the Galaxy S4 Mini came to life. By then, we will surely know more about it.
1. duartix (Posts: 111; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
What's the typical price target on this?
I've got a chinese branded phone that is very closely specced to this (except for a 3000mah battery) but better GPS reception and environmental protection might interest me in the S5 Mini.
2. amats69 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im expecting by this coming more years...this OEM's will release a "mini" version of phone with 6inches screen..
3. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
it would still bow down to the Z1 compact
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'm sure only compact phone that will be able to blow Z1 Compact away is the Z2 Compact lol
21. Finalflash (Posts: 1903; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I doubt it, if the Z1 compact can garner enough sales and support, everyone and their mom will scramble to over power smaller phones.
9. mayur007 (Posts: 471; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
have to agree on this z1 compact is better
specs of this phone is too 2012
27. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Z1 compact is a flagship, it has flagship specs and costs like a flagship, it's not a mid-range device, so no use comparing
4. tech2 (Posts: 2450; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So basically Moto G -.-
Xperia Z1 compact with an AMOled display would be an awesome phone
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
But Moto G has an LCD display too. I don't understand your logic.
24. tech2 (Posts: 2450; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Sorry should've made clear. Both statements are exclusive. By first I meant the GS5 mini has the same specs as Moto G.
By second, I am just describing my perfect mini phone.
12. mayur007 (Posts: 471; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
u mean to say basically moto g is a better choice than this grand 3(s5 mini)
6. buccob (Posts: 1564; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
This is almost exactly the type of phone I want... Please Sony make the Z2 Compact with this specs (plus 20 MP camera, 2 gb ram, and 801 processor)
But it needs to have 4.5" screen... And it needs to address Z1C issues
8. GreekGeek (Posts: 845; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Oh finally, SAMSUNG got out of that qHD rut.....But come on, it should've been at least a Snapdragon 600...Samsung keeps on repeating their ''mini'' mistake over and over again
15. luis.d (Posts: 209; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I thought the same about the CPU, tbh. But, with respect to SamMobile, I'd be genuinely surprised if these specs are the real thing.
11. mayur007 (Posts: 471; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
biggest mistake from samsung providing galaxy grand features in a flagship mini phone
grand 2 is better than this
13. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 554; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
If this is true, then it's a downgrade. Dual core Krait in S4 Mini is still better than quad core Cortex-A7 in S5 Mini. This phone deserves SD410 or above, and also 2gb RAM.
14. GamasK (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Why don't use their new hexa core processor and 2 GB of RAM? S4 mini has 1,5 GB
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
No they are better with snapdragon. Nobody wants crapxynos.
18. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 554; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Can you explain why 'Nobody wants crapxynos'?
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Because i have a crapxynos powered galaxy s2. It had overheating issues before ICS update, stable custom roms with everything working are hard to find. Cyanogenmod 11 that i'm currently works near perfectly. I had some battery issues which was a exynos fault which was solved by my xda buddy.
20. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 554; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
My Note 10.1 have no any problems like yours.
28. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
weird. I never had any problems with exynos .. bad luck bro
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I think that sammy will release less smartphones compared to last year.
22. D79_D79_ (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
Im a fan of samsung but they are starting to go extras on the word "mini"
4.5" screen is far from mini.
23. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Sounds like one really small plastic P.O.S. take a hint from Sony, they do things right
29. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lol ... 5 years later an S10 mini may come with a 7" screen
30. techperson211 (Posts: 710; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
So far Z1compact is the winner in terms of the so called "mini bros" of flagship phones.
31. rahulk23 (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Apr 2014)
grand 2 1.5gb ram,s3 neo 1.5 gb ram and now s5 same feature like s3 neo wtf samsung i beg to release new phone or stop this non sense,