Galaxy S4 bursts in flames while gaming, Hong Kong man claims, fire spreads to house and Mercedes
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2013, 04:07 posted on
A Hong Kong guy claims his Galaxy S4 exploded while he was playing "Love Machine" on the couch, startling him and forcing him to throw it on that same couch, which burst into flames in its turn, along with the curtains...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
My point exactly. I should butn my house down and claim it is my iPhone. Easy money. Or so he thinks...
6. Damitel (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
This man looks so pathetic and worse is his story. Samsung investigate this matter. This is unbelievably ridiculous!
7. mi55u (unregistered)
Dafuq house and Mercedes?
32. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
hide yo kids ..hide yo wife ,Samsung is coming
8. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
"He claims that he did not use a third party battery or charger".....sure dude! With all due respect a s4 doesn't just spontaneously combust!
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 21758; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It is an electrical device with a battery. You never know, glad they all made out safely though. I do wonder about the validity of these stories though.
9. JMartin22 (Posts: 1982; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
This is like the 4th article in the past month of a phone zapping or imploding on someone? It all happens to reside in China, too. They need to stop using cheap third party chargers that don't regulate electricity in a stable and safe matter or stop buying cheap knock off Chinese phones that imitate the real thing, only to have them set ablaze.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 21758; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So does this apply to the iPhone also, or only Samsung?
71. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Grow up and take your head out of your arse
17. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Instead of their slogan life companion, they should change it to death companion
24. papss (unregistered)
Is that your new comment? New material please ;)
33. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
It was a joke....bomb....blow up!
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung Galaxy S-Flame
You buy it, You suffer it, You deserve it. The Galaxy S-Flame knows You.
34. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Samsung Galaxy S4 - AfterLife Companion
19. w-t-f (Posts: 42; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
I need to redecorate my house,and while I'm doing that I could use a new Benz.. let's get a Touch Wiz to do the job.
21. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Pretty much every case of a cell phone doing something like this in the last five or six years has been the result of extenuating circumstances not related to the normal hardware or usage of the phone.
Galaxy S3 caught on fire? It was thrown in a microwave after water damage.
iPhone 4/S caught on fire on a flight to Australia? A shoddy repair job on the screen caused a screw to fall out of its hole inside the screen and short the charging plate.
Galaxy S3 exploded in a girl's pants? Third party battery.
That's not to say that a defective unit can't exist-hell, I see defective units of every cell phone out there-but many of these sensationalized stories turn out to have factors which are unusual and turn out to be critical to the outcome.
22. papss (unregistered)
Why would he be gaming at his house on a cell anyways? Theirs this great thing called game consoles with real controllers and not a touch screen with no feedback.
26. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
When I had my Note I gamed on it all the time. Even on my Atrix I still play Jetpack Joyride like a fiend. You bet your ass when I get the Moto X (or Droid Maxx) I'll load that s**t up with Canabalt, Temple Run, Dead Trigger, Bejeweled, Sector Strike, Gun Bros 2, Pew Pew 2, Osmos, Six Guns, and probably twenty more awesome games that have come out since I gave up looking for new ones.
23. Sondae (Posts: 279; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Probably Samsung will tell that the person is using 3rd party battery thats why it explode again like what happen on the Switzerland lady. Kinda odd that his house turned into ash that bad that it caused by s4. Make me think his house has lot of flammable material that he didnt try to stop the fire.
25. Just.Me (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
1. the phone has to get really hot before it can flame
2. he shoild have seen smoke before the flames.
3. He should have got a smell before.
4. Even if it did flame, He threw the phone so the battery should have came off - Stopped burning.
There isno way any phone could do this
27. Lyngdoh (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Embedded batteries doesn't suck after all.
36. rantao333 (Posts: 322; Member since: 21 May 2013)
samsung fans try to be rational now, same thing dint happens to apple cases.lol