Galaxy S3 rumor round-up: here's what we know
With all the headlines, leaks, and general chatter ahead of the launch of Samsung’s next flagship device(s), what can we say with certainty about Samsung's new flagship phone(s)? We've done the scut work of looking through them all for you, so why don't you join us for a whirlwind tour of all things Galaxy S III.
Galaxy S III Rumor Round-up Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
How to take better photos with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3
05 Dec 2013, 03:02
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Nexus 5 huge camera ring actually holds a magnet for add-on lenses
05 Dec 2013, 09:51
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
Galaxy S III Rumor Round-up
1. Samsung worked really hard on security
2. It will be available in Blue and White
3. It will have a home button
4. It will officially be branded the Samsung Galaxy S III
5. It will ship with Samsung's own quad-core Exynos chip...
6. ...unless you pick up an LTE variant
7. It's coming to Verizon
8. The phone will share some design DNA with the Galaxy Nexus
9. It will have a 1280 x 720 screen in the 4.6"- 4.7" range
10. There may be more than one device
2. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Latest rumor is.......outside. less plastic. A little carbon fiber and very little use of aluminum
37. Phullofphil (Posts: 792; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Fanboy nickname is dead just except your excited to se the phone
4. WirelessCon (Posts: 307; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Quad core 32nm Exynos with LTE?
4.8 inch 720p or 1080p Super AMOLED Plus display?
64GB onboard storage?
Micro SD slot, hot-swappable?
2000 mAh battery?
12 megapixel Camera?
3.2 megapixel front facing camera?
IR transmitter (universal remote)?
Less than 9mm at it's thickest?
Contoured Gorilla Glass 2?
9. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im just gonna have fun with this :)
-resistant not proof.
-no- would negate the Note
-Rumors say no Quad + LTE. I say rumors are crap. Find out tomorrow.
-more than likely 720p. There is zero need for a 1080p screen. It will just suck extra horsepower without your eyes being able to tell the difference
-that would be fantastic, but more than likely were lookin at 1.5ghz max
-again, fantastic but 32mb with expansion is more realistic.. maybe even a lowly 16.. but i doubt that.
-more than likely MicroSD
-I hope its in the 2k+ range. With the battery improvements of the chip that would make for a very long lasting phone.
- that would be nice, but improved optics and software is more important than megapixels
- why do you need an FFC that big? to destroy your data plan? 1.3-2mpx max
-IR would be awesome
- 9mm is cool as long as its not a brick like an HTC device
-Doubt its contoured, they seem to save that for the Nexus. GG2 should be likely though.
- Yes most likely
- ICS is 100%
- more than likely they will announce touchwiz 5 as well if they follow normal patterns.
14. WirelessCon (Posts: 307; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Shatter resistant, yeah, that's what I meant.
Damn, I think more onboard storage is the way to go. The cloud doesn't cover or reach everywhere I go, and I like movies and lots of music. 64GB doesn't come close for me. 64 onboard plus 32 mirco sd? That's getting better, but 128GB total would be easier to live with. It's just a dream, but totally possible without being next-gen.
3.2 FFC for those all important self-portraits, you know, for kids, and social media b.s. like instagram.
I have a bad feeling that it's gong to be more like a Galaxy S2s, but I hope not!
15. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
have faith. They amazed us with the SGS2, and I feel they will do it again. They have made huge advances in hardware in the last 12 months and are coming to show it off.
I would totally love to see 64+64. .or even the ability to go to 64+128mb external.. that would rule. But.. I dont have high hopes for that. The SGS2 came with 16, so I have a feeling we will see 32 in the SGS3.
gawd, last thing i want is to see more annoying self portraits everywhere I go. people.. get off yerself. lol.
24. taz89 (Posts: 1768; Member since: 03 May 2011)
most people seem to be saying this isnt a big upgrade like the s2 was for some wiered reason and saying the s3 compared to the competition this year is nothing special as it will just match the one x etc with the spec....funny thing is though the s2 never actually had better spec than the competition in 2011 aswel, they only had better optimised spec with the exynos and i believe it will be the same again...i just find it funny when people complain oh it s only going to have quad like the one x lol what did they expect 8 cores or something.
26. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
LOL remix i think its my first time seeing your posts with Typos .. but wth..
1.5GB of ram .. not 1.5Ghz
and 32GB with expansion not 32mb :D
43. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh i typo all the time. I depend on spell check way way too much. but yea, good catch :) :)
12. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
all of that could be possible but i doubt the S-pen. You would need a really big screen for it to make sense to have it.
20. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 228; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Rather than raw power and specs, I want to see some innovation tomorrow...hopefully
39. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 817; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
-Might be compatible, but probably not in box
-I sure do hope so
-I hope they go for 4.5 720p or better
-That would be useful on Android
-32GB fine for just about everyone (onboard)
-At least a 2500
-We are looking at quality, not MP count, but an improved camera is obvious
-I could care less
-IT BETTER BE
-Doesn't have to be contoured for my liking
-I could care less
6. kshell1 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I agree so much lol, im eager for 3 things this year in this order of importance: 1.Galaxy s3, 2.Black Ops 2, and 3. Assassins creed 3 lol but thats beside the point that this is going to be a great device
31. kshell1 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
You havent heard of black ops 2? have you been under a rock?
16. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
u know.. i dont have a lot that im like dying for. This week pretty much takes care of my biggest 2 wants..
official SGS3 info and hopefully a release date
I think im pretty content until Batman Rises.
35. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Borderlands 2 > Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.
44. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont you mean assasins creed 4? I could swear I already beat 3 AC's. yea.. 1 altair and 2 ezio games. U crazy.
What is the next one.. Revelations? Isnt this supposed to be the end of it?
49. silent_tracker (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 May 2012)
AC revelations has already been outed..its not the last game in the series in ends ezio's story
AC3 introduces a new protagonist and a new gameplay engine
28. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Ok already bitten off all of my nails, moving onto my gf's now
45. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
probably should have started with hers. :0
7. x7black7x (Posts: 116; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
they'll be there covering that event
so just keep quiet and read there articles till you know what gs3 will be all about
10. parkwaydr (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I hope my profit shareing check from work the 15th is big enough, i want this thing bad, although with it being a "special income" its taxed at 36%, so i thinking ima need like a grand before taxes its a long shot in todays economy, but what the heck, heres to something to look forward to
11. bbblader (Posts: 520; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
4.6-7''? I mean come on what happened to the good old 4-4.3'' sweetspot?
17. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the screen gets bigger while the bezel shrinks, so the phone doesnt really get much bigger at all.
that sweet spot was with a fat bezel on it.
19. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 228; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
I think the note changed this theory, many people o know were against it now love it
18. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 228; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
I thought the screen protector leaked today was 4.8" for the g3
22. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
We addressed that on the last slide - there are rumors about more than one device, possibly one 4.6" and one 4.8".
23. augustorm (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I think I would rather have the GS3 over the One X. Having said that, I really don't want to have to change carriers to get either. I really hope that one or the other comes to TMO. Idealistically I would like both to arrive so as to have a choice. Fingers crossed.
25. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I'd buy a black case for it if the colors are only white and blue. The dummy design for the phone, excluding the black casing, look great.
29. justme (Posts: 38; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I agree--dummy design looks promising but prefer basic black.
From previous bitter Galaxy S experience, I wonder if the 4.6" model will end up being an abandoned stepchild-never updated and discontinued within a couple of months--or will they both be viable choices?
27. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
TWO OF THE BEST THINGS HAPPENING this week!!!!!
Avengers and SGS3 launch!!!!!!! FTW
30. parkwaydr (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
finally some one who is with me AVENGERS FTW
40. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Avengers movie is possibly the best movie I've ever seen!!
32. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Latest rumor. It has jelly bean 4.100. 1080 display. Comes in red.
33. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
i have a feeling taht it will be nothing fantastic,just something that we see already,at the HTC one X
34. Zumo911 (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Please do not come with S4.....we need the quad core 32mm
36. lpratas (Posts: 83; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
But the S4 it's better than the Quad Core Exynos A9 in all the aspects. And the S4 it's 28nm Cortex A15 processing type. Look, wait for Sony LT29i codename Hayabusa. With Snapdragon Pro S4. It's better. It releases in July.
38. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3272; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The S4 is NOT better than the Quad-Exynos. No doubt about that. The S4 Pro however, that's a different story, we'll have to wait and see
41. kbooth (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I have been waiting for this damn launch since March!!! Can't wait for the conference tomorrow!!!!
47. steenko (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Samsung Fan’s website telling Samsung he want Galaxy S3 as a Birthday Gift:http://goo.gl/4oVzE
50. dan86 (Posts: 297; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Dream smartphone coming tonight. I am so exited can't wait for even few hours! It has become more popular than tiger woods & Michale Jordan>>>woooh samsung blow us away!!!
51. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
It May be s3 look what Ithink is May = 5th Month then May 3is the date so 5 - 3… 5= S (Looks Like) and date 3 so S 3 !!! HahaMy Cool Mind LoL!