Galaxy S III rooted already
0. phoneArena 18 May 2012, 15:30 posted on
Ugh, we know, finally! Right? How long does someone have to wait to get root around here… oh, the device is not out yet? While this isn’t the first device we’ve seen rooted before its actual release, there is some other interesting news that accompanies this achievement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Someone please port the ROM of s3 to s2 !
Touchwiz nature looks a lot better than touchwiz 4
BTW make it i9100G bootable
29. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
My Friend Bricked his One X Due to Non Removable Batt :o Thanks To sammy that there phones are ARE REAL ANDROID I MEAN BY Openness which Recent Company s Have Forget. all are Coping IOS I Think.. Its LaMe!
Best example are are One X & Xperia S
4. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
the only reason i would root this phone is to remove the unnecessary bloat that will come with it.. from what it looks like ill be keepin stock ROM
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I want someone to come up with a otterbox or something to cover that ugly phone up
7. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
you think the GS3 is ugly??? nooo waaayyy :0 !!! (srcsm)
well when you doo buy it jus get a cover for it :)
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I like the Nexus better for some odd reason
17. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
idk? the nexus is a bit to curvy, i honestly like the SGS3 design, but ill be for sure when i see it in person...
who knows maybe you'll like it too
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5173; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I think U NEED A PRETTY BOX FOR YOUR UGLY iPhone. At lease the GS III is BIGGER and sexier looking than your shytty iPhone
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why u need a bigger phone in your pocket trying to compensate something.. gadget?
6. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
One of the biggest reasons I like high end samsung phones. They are very open to the mod community. Try to get HTC or Moto to be that open.. HA!
Virtual high 5 to whomever at samsung decided to do that. :)
8. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
yea tell me about it!! it was a pain in the butt to s-off, root and super cid a sensation... i have an amaze now, umm yea im not doin it.. jus waiting for ICS from tmo
20. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You seem to be happy lately :p You were also ecstatic about the droid flash drive :p Anyway, Samsung and Sony, both of them are the best in helping out devs :) That's why they are my main choices :)
25. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i started doing a good bit of reading on the droid drive. I had no idea those things existed. When I get some spare cash, imma buy one and throw it on the bedroom TV to make syncing and netflix/hulu a much quieter experience than right now. Got a launch day Xbox in there for streaming and its like having a mac truck drive around in the room.. OI!! :)
Hey, I'm always happy when new tech comes out. :) I really only get pissy when i get bombarded with stupid trolls.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Try to get HTC or Moto to be that open.. HA!"
Actually situation with HTC isn't so bad. :)
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is that why u didnt want to show me how to root my DX?... remix?..
23. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, your DX has a locked bootloader. I pointed you to XDA if you wanted to read up on it, but its not as easy as others. Motos are good, but that super locked down crap they do drives me nuts.
15. phunkenstein (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 May 2012)
HTC didn't use to be that open. They are now. Motorola is the problem-child, I guess you could say. HTC and Samsung both are pretty open to rooting...hell that's how they get some of their developers is the rooting community.
PS: Remix, this is "phunkinc"...lost that email. You guys getting alot of questions about the GSIII in store?
18. blinkdagger (Posts: 76; Member since: 04 May 2012)
htc is now more open. they got htcdev.com. its been quite a while now. get your facts checked, or some1 might call u fanboy.
21. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yea but no s-off and they have a record you voided your warranty and can't truly reverse it like other root methods.
24. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
When they provide easy S-Off without having to use XDA tools, you come talk to me. :)
28. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1429; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Halo 4 coming this november :)
30. tedkord (Posts: 3410; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You know all those videos and reviews showing how buttery smooth and functional the GSIII is? Now imagine it on the ROMs coming out of XDA.
31. I.P.H.O.N.E (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Okay this is amazing. So setup is installed, along with
Superuser, so the 1.4 mhz can be overlooked to what?
2.0!? Can the Mali gpu be also raised to 477......