Galaxy S III rooted already
0. phoneArena posted on 18 May 2012, 15:30
Ugh, we know, finally! Right? How long does someone have to wait to get root around here… oh, the device is not out yet? While this isn’t the first device we’ve seen rooted before its actual release, there is some other interesting news that accompanies this achievement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. thelegend6657 posted on 18 May 2012, 22:41 8 3
Someone please port the ROM of s3 to s2 !
Touchwiz nature looks a lot better than touchwiz 4
BTW make it i9100G bootable
29. Android2627 posted on 19 May 2012, 08:38 1 0
My Friend Bricked his One X Due to Non Removable Batt :o Thanks To sammy that there phones are ARE REAL ANDROID I MEAN BY Openness which Recent Company s Have Forget. all are Coping IOS I Think.. Its LaMe!
Best example are are One X & Xperia S
4. GALAXY-S posted on 18 May 2012, 15:59 3 1
the only reason i would root this phone is to remove the unnecessary bloat that will come with it.. from what it looks like ill be keepin stock ROM
5. gallitoking posted on 18 May 2012, 16:24 2 16
I want someone to come up with a otterbox or something to cover that ugly phone up
7. GALAXY-S posted on 18 May 2012, 16:31 3 4
you think the GS3 is ugly??? nooo waaayyy :0 !!! (srcsm)
well when you doo buy it jus get a cover for it :)
9. gallitoking posted on 18 May 2012, 16:35 6 2
I like the Nexus better for some odd reason
17. GALAXY-S posted on 18 May 2012, 17:22 1 1
idk? the nexus is a bit to curvy, i honestly like the SGS3 design, but ill be for sure when i see it in person...
who knows maybe you'll like it too
14. InspectorGadget80 posted on 18 May 2012, 17:05 7 2
I think U NEED A PRETTY BOX FOR YOUR UGLY iPhone. At lease the GS III is BIGGER and sexier looking than your shytty iPhone
19. gallitoking posted on 18 May 2012, 17:29 3 4
why u need a bigger phone in your pocket trying to compensate something.. gadget?
22. remixfa posted on 18 May 2012, 19:47 5 0
yea, a small screen.. :)
6. remixfa posted on 18 May 2012, 16:27 12 2
One of the biggest reasons I like high end samsung phones. They are very open to the mod community. Try to get HTC or Moto to be that open.. HA!
Virtual high 5 to whomever at samsung decided to do that. :)
8. GALAXY-S posted on 18 May 2012, 16:33 2 0
yea tell me about it!! it was a pain in the butt to s-off, root and super cid a sensation... i have an amaze now, umm yea im not doin it.. jus waiting for ICS from tmo
20. cepcamba posted on 18 May 2012, 17:41 3 0
You seem to be happy lately :p You were also ecstatic about the droid flash drive :p Anyway, Samsung and Sony, both of them are the best in helping out devs :) That's why they are my main choices :)
25. remixfa posted on 18 May 2012, 19:52 0 0
i started doing a good bit of reading on the droid drive. I had no idea those things existed. When I get some spare cash, imma buy one and throw it on the bedroom TV to make syncing and netflix/hulu a much quieter experience than right now. Got a launch day Xbox in there for streaming and its like having a mac truck drive around in the room.. OI!! :)
Hey, I'm always happy when new tech comes out. :) I really only get pissy when i get bombarded with stupid trolls.
10. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 May 2012, 16:36 1 0
"Try to get HTC or Moto to be that open.. HA!"
Actually situation with HTC isn't so bad. :)
11. gallitoking posted on 18 May 2012, 16:49 4 5
is that why u didnt want to show me how to root my DX?... remix?..
23. remixfa posted on 18 May 2012, 19:49 4 0
yea, your DX has a locked bootloader. I pointed you to XDA if you wanted to read up on it, but its not as easy as others. Motos are good, but that super locked down crap they do drives me nuts.
15. phunkenstein posted on 18 May 2012, 17:11 4 0
HTC didn't use to be that open. They are now. Motorola is the problem-child, I guess you could say. HTC and Samsung both are pretty open to rooting...hell that's how they get some of their developers is the rooting community.
PS: Remix, this is "phunkinc"...lost that email. You guys getting alot of questions about the GSIII in store?
18. blinkdagger posted on 18 May 2012, 17:24 2 1
htc is now more open. they got htcdev.com. its been quite a while now. get your facts checked, or some1 might call u fanboy.
21. EclipseGSX posted on 18 May 2012, 17:49 1 0
Yea but no s-off and they have a record you voided your warranty and can't truly reverse it like other root methods.
24. remixfa posted on 18 May 2012, 19:50 0 0
When they provide easy S-Off without having to use XDA tools, you come talk to me. :)
30. tedkord posted on 19 May 2012, 10:46 0 0
You know all those videos and reviews showing how buttery smooth and functional the GSIII is? Now imagine it on the ROMs coming out of XDA.
31. I.P.H.O.N.E (banned) posted on 19 May 2012, 11:20 1 1
Okay this is amazing. So setup is installed, along with
Superuser, so the 1.4 mhz can be overlooked to what?
2.0!? Can the Mali gpu be also raised to 477......