Galaxy Round trademark granted by USPTO, indicating a new Samsung line of flexible display gear
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2013, 05:08 posted on
Dated September 30th, the trademark grant includes the usual laundry list of software and hardware it might be applied to that such broad claims do, with "Tablet Computers; Telephones" mentioned as well in that list, so Round might indeed be the name of a new Galaxy line that uses display substrates made of plastic instead of glass...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Now this is Innovation
Camera is not Enough :D
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
If it is the new version of Note3, then im in :D
P.S: I don't like the name! Round?!
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Specs are also cool with the name. Why stylus is needed for 4.7"?
6. sks1969 (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
this is not innovation. This is just plain insanity, you have turn you phone to the side to touch the icons on the side. The UI does not complement this design at all. That's what you get with kissing google's ar*# too much. Wake up samsung and do something with this design.
8. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
whats with all this design bollox, 98% keep their in a case so who care.
Lets improve the technology, leave the fashion whores to the iphone
7. silencer271 (Posts: 254; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
and 5 years from now when apple has a flexible display apple will claim they invented it before samsung
10. steedsofwar (unregistered)
I see next to no significant benefit for curved displays. Curved being different to flexible/foldable.
Smooth, durable and scratchproof plastic displays are great though. Glass is boring me. I hope there's one with a matt finish to touch but clear as glass.