Galaxy Note III details leak again: 6" Full HD panel with diamond pixel structure, as compact as the Mega 5.8
1. mydi.maus (unregistered)
looks like a GS3 WITH GS4 upgrade.
4. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Cant u read lol?
The pcture is the mega 5.8 and the artcle only said that the note3 is compact like the 5.8
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4704; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Holy CRAP. It's only May 2nd & I am already drooling over this phone. I REALLY can't wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note III.
Can you even imagine what a FULL 1080p 6" screen will look like? The beauty of it is MIND BLOWING.
Looks like I need to wait a solid 6+ months before that phone will be mine. Well my 1080p HTC Droid DNA will do because that is STILL the best phone I have ever used, well until the Samsung Galaxy Note III comes out!
Once you go 1080p you will NEVER go back!!!
21. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
yup yup. cant wait for the Note III as well
59. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I can't wait until September
2. hung2900 (Posts: 890; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
eight-core Mali-450 GPU? Another old architechture which is only twice stronger than Mali400Mp4? So lame, and I don't think it's true.
Mali-604T is not bad, so the newer Mali-628T or Mali-678T are better.
18. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
if they use the best gpu this year what will they use next year? its business they are running not a dream box for fan boys.
Note 3 wont be any different from note 2 with a bigger screen.
30. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You are so dead wrong about that. If anything, the note is now the main flagship or the Rolls Royce Phantom of the range whereas the S is just a standard S600 flagship, the S is the first half flagship whilst the Note is the main event flagship for the second half.
51. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i pity you for believing in samsung so much. i liked samsung till their s2, s3 was ok for me so i bought it but after s4 i gave up on them i suggest you do it too. then you wont have any hard feeling when they fail to your expectation later.
60. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Thanks for your pity/concern, but I won't be needing your pity anytime soon, son. What else is there to believe in, HTC? The sinking ship that is the Taiwanese firm, i'd soon place my bets on Huawei and LG eclipsing them round the global market, if they haven't already. Unlike some, I can actually afford a wealth and plethora of devices so I am not restricted to one band of brand, I use all the mobile OS platforms and several different OEMS, the only one i have neglected so far will be HTC, again I could snap the HTC One up anytime I can, but why waste money on something i'll likely sell based in hype and build rather than function.
39. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That clicked on me too...the most compact as far as compact on huge devices go, is for me, the Note II.
This thing, you'll have to hold it with two hands like you hold a PS III joystick.
5. mydi.maus (unregistered)
your going down sammy.same ol' design like apple..booo
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4704; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Not really, I really like the look of the Galaxy S III & IV. I can tell them apart with no problem at all. They look different enough.
Now the iPhone 4, 4S, & 5 is a different story because it's the SAME exact design on the 4 & 4S, & on the 5 it's just a longer phone with metal backing instead of glass.
They have been making the same exact home button for the iPhone since 2007.
37. sniper1087 (Posts: 471; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I call be on that I have used the S3 and S4, you can barely see the difference, up front they look the same, and feels the same, and Samsung also has made the home key since the S2, I don't get why Samsung wants to follow apple's footsteps. I have seen the displays of the new so called 1080p HD S4 and sadly the HTC One looks better, andyeah try to look at the S4 in direct sunlight, because you won't be able to see anything, not to hate on Samsung but is the same design with more features, but having performance issues, because of the added stuff, not good.
42. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3074; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
You haven't even seen the design of the Note 3, so shut up.
6. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
"Most wanted device"
Yowh live up to d hype haha and im sold
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting how a concept (Phablet) that was initially considered to be a niche device has gone mainstream. Being open to new ideas is how you get to steamroll your competition.
Apple could learn a thing or two from Sammy.
10. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Lets not kid ourselfs. "Phablet's" are still a "niche" device when compared to there smaller brothers (has they sell less units than they do). While I personally don't care one way or the other (I like both, :P). It's hard to deny that phablet's aren't quite at the level yet where they are matching there smaller brother's in sales.
There might even be some hesitation on the manufatures side of things, after the Nexus 7 was released for only $300 (and that got you 32GB + cellular) and great specs for the time. They'd have a hard time justifying the price jump from small tablet to large phone, IMO. Though, if they can make some amazing software like Samsung did with the Note, the price jump might be justifiable.
11. papss (unregistered)
I would be interested in this device..... As long as it doesn't look like what they already have out.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Awesome, Samsung! I'm excited!
Now this is what I call TRUE BEAST! :)
40. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What's with you dude?
No offence, but you're like a chameleon.
You change on every article...i've seen you call Samsung, Samdung and more and now you're like 'Wow'. I'm confused...
I know you're excited and stuff like that, but If you're going to say things like you mean it...i would advice you not to call names.
52. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Same here, i cant understand that person or troll?
He reminds me of wendygarett
54. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Just a dumb troll who acts like a 12 year old
57. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nope, just a smartphone lover who loves every smartphone manufacturers!
56. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I call SamDUNG when I see a Samsung fanboy bashing at other manufacturers, that's why I call them SamDUNG fanboy.
I don't hate Samsung.
15. McLTE (Posts: 758; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Damn.. I hope the phone really is NOT the size of the mega 5.8. I am really happy with the form factor of the current Note2 and am a bit concerned about the size of the mega 5.8.
In comparing them side by side.. seems like there is a lot of wasted space at the top and bottom of the phone on the Mega 5.8. Hopefully Sammy can figure out a way to tighten that up and give us a phone that's just a little bit bigger than the Note2.. man, that 5.8 is a monster!
Who am I kidding though.. I'll probably buy it anyway, if the HW is what the rumors say it will be.
I'd also be pretty happy if the design is similar to the GS4.. I've played with that phone and it's very nice!
23. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, if it's about the size of Mega 5.8, that means only a centimeter more in height and +3 milimeters in width, in comparison to Note 2.
Not a major difference
41. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Kewl. So it means when Note 4 or 5 comes with the 'compact-ness' of Mega 6.3, you would say "it's only about 2 cm longer and about 3mm wider than the Mega 5.8?
16. sam3k (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 May 2013)
I can live with most of these rumor specs , but I hope they will give the note 3 a more powerful gpu, more to the point I'm hoping for the mali t628.
19. jove39 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
What...mali-450? I hope this part of rumor stays rumor :)
20. userx (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Hope that Samsung will decide to change the design of their galaxy phones or tab. They still have all the same look ... boring now!
27. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
cant change it much what do people want a phone shape of a star get real people
31. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I actually prefer the black look of the GS4 over the monotony that is the HTC one.
35. ecmedic4 (Posts: 274; Member since: 02 May 2013)
I agree that they could change the design up a bit more, as they have too many devices that look very similar, like the S3, S4, Note 2, Note 8.0, Galaxy tab 7, S3 mini, S4 mini, Galaxy Mega, etc. I know they are all "galaxy" series devices but still, they all look very similar, time to change it up a bit more.
22. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I highly doubt the Mali 450 part.
Mali 450 is supposed to be a cheap yet capable graphic solution for next generation of midrange tablets and phones, not something for the bleeding edge products like the Note 3.
Also, in terms of power that GPU should struggle to match a SGX 544 in the S4, which is about 3x faster than mali 400 in the S3.
And it is absolutely certain that a Note 3 won't have a weaker GPU than Galaxy S4
24. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Clearly the Galaxy Note 3 will be the grandest device ever. I have loved my Galaxy Note 2 since November and will be purchasing the Galaxy Note 3 on day one of launch. Nothing will be better in 2013 period.
29. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
+1. As soon as the pre-order window opens for the VZW edition of the Note III, I will place my order. I won't be as peeved at VZW for lagging in the release of the III as I was with the II, because I have my II. As Super posted above, 1080p on 6 inches is something to behold and the only reason to trade my Note II.
36. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 346; Member since: 26 May 2011)
We'll see, because it will depend on what's under the hood.
25. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
367.15ppi DAMN shut up and take my money
26. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Either this or Moto (Nexus) phone for me... Decisions, decisions....
28. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
similar design story. samsung needs designers. any one in????? poor samsung. cheap looking phones. old software story. ugly looks. no innovation at all. samsung RIP
33. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Samsung is just turning into Apple with just as many fany boys now.
More pentile crap, crappy same design.
Stupid kids getting excited over nothing new.
34. roldefol (Posts: 3338; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Spoken like someone who knows nothing about Pentile. Let me guess, it's jaggy and hard to read. Happy 2010 good sir!
PenTile 1080p is as good as anything you'll see this year. Too bad we're not likely to see it outside of a Samsung phone.
44. donfem (Posts: 579; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Like your name states... No wonder you were cut.. LOL
38. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Now i get it, best use in home but can't bring outside with us like phone, but still we can use like tablet and use like phone in home.
45. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
They need to go more compact than that! Comon Sammy!
53. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sammy: sorry guys but we like bigger and huge.
i know dude that's crazy size, they need to stop. lol
46. Phaze0085 (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I really just want the phone to have at least a 6" screen. I dont care too much on the tech that goes into it, just as log as its flagship. Dont get me wrong, that 6" flexible screen sounds awesome, but I would just as happily settle for a 6" glass panel display.
47. james1 (Posts: 97; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I know I will get a lot of cause of this but isn't 6" a little too big? It is only an inch away from being a nexus 7...I don't know but you might want to get new pants if you are buying a 6" phone ;D
48. 12013E12T (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 Sep 2009)
LOL I'm sorry, but really? 6"? It's only about .1" bigger than the Samsung Galaxy Mega and 1" away from the 7" tablets! They better start focusing more on it's features or it's UI than trying to use bigger screens with full HD as it's selling point.
50. Phaze0085 (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Naw bruhs, 6" would be great. I mean, its gotta keep getting bigger until it reaches the true specs of a "phablet" stopping at 6.9". honestly, I would love a phone with a 7" screen. I just dont want it to be so wide. As tall as a Nexus 7, but as wide as the 1st Note. That would be perfect.
58. adoptop70 (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
wat we need is d best innovation & software tricks,if that is taking care of,sammy we're with u,come rain come shine.