Galaxy Note II specs leak, 1.4GHz quad-core and Jelly Bean in tow?
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2012, 14:00 posted on
A Korean newspaper claims to have spilled the beans on Samsung's upcoming phablet, which reportedly has the latest hardware driving the newest version of Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
apart from that screen size its all same like S3 as its getting JB...hope Samsung puts a 12mp camera..enough of 8mp.
13. D3VR04 (Posts: 34; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
I may get this since I skipped on the sg3 or either lg's super phone with quad s4/adreno. i'll wait for IFA first though. so excited. When's htc's phablet going to be announced?...
16. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
You realize the MPs of a camera do not equate to quality of photo. Once you get past 5MP you have to be making fairly big photos to notice a difference.
25. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
see number 800 on the image thats mean 8mp camera
30. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
True. I really hoped there's a 12MP camera. Yeah yeah. it's not all about the "MP" but the thing here is that, it's not just about MP but also, the way samsung matches its software with its sensor. See s2's camera? or even s3's camera? They're stunning... But let's all move on.. 8mp will be a thing of the past soon. Why not make it more future-proof by including a 12MP shutter. right? :)
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4791; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow this is a VERY nice surprise. If it comes with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean it will even be that much sweeter. I really just want to know all the details already. Man 8.29 can't come soon enough! lol
26. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why dissappointed? That's always been what the Note was, a big version of the current Galaxy S series... The original note was a big GS2, so it's only logical that the Note 2 would be a big GS3.
31. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yes but in any case the USP of the Note series is the Big screen and the S-Pen
So, whoever needs that will go for it and not S3
4. twens (Posts: 947; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Yea, if this specs are true I will be disappointed but will buy it all the same bcos of the giant screen. S3 is dope but the size is too small for me.
5. Cesar (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
It is just like the Samsung Galaxy S III with a bigger display. Should be have more performance and higher camera!
6. Rogerlebo (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
For sure, I will not buy it if 1270X820 is true.
Resolution lower than Galaxy Note 1 ? Really ?
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
most probably fake!
18. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's logical. First Note had 16:10 aspect ratio, now they increased diagonal to 5.5" but utilised 16:9 ratio, which is 1280x720 pixels. That way Note could be more effectively used as a phone since large width was the obstacle for that, making it clumsy. It's a compromise, but it's good enough and valuable change that will probably make Note even more popular. Besides, if it should be RGB matrix SuperAMOLED, the improvement in perception of density and resolution would be huge over the original Note!
20. Hammerfest (Posts: 382; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Lower resolution and shi*tier aspect ratio...
Ill stick to my OG Note if thats the case, if these spec's are legit im going to send a strongly worded letter to Samsung...
7. D3VR04 (Posts: 34; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
Why no Plus?! Sammy have been disregarding the Super AMOLED Plus! Woe is thou... is the new LG w/quad S4 with Adreno super phone's ips 720p screen, better than Super AMOLED HD Plus?...
10. rd_nest (Posts: 1575; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
AnTuTu benchmark leak. But is shows 1.6 GHz quad SoC and ICS.
12. doejon (Posts: 397; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i think it will have JB cuz there where leaks of the s3 jb firmware..
22. imkyle (Posts: 1068; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If their were leaks for JB for the OG Note, than maybe JB could be on the Note 2, but I doubt it.
14. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Well I had high hopes for this phone... Let's hope the announcement in 2 days comes with better news than what's presented here, because with the exception of JB, this is pretty meh.
15. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
No way Samsung will not do that. if this specification is to be true then why should I trade my galaxy note 1280x800 screen resolution with the note 2 1280x720. I am not convinced and I assure you this specification is wrong. At least I am hoping so or it is a measure turn down for me because I really like to upgrade from 5.3 to 5.5 but will not sacrifice screen resolution. To upgrade my note 1 the note 2 must come with quad core of at least 1.4 gHz, 2 GB of ram, 5.5 inch with no less than 1280x800 with ppi no less than 300 and better battery and less than 200 gram. This is the least I am expecting from sammy .
27. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3684; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Some of what you said made no sense. The original note has a ppi of 285 (5.3" & 1280x800). If the Note 2 also has a resolution of 1280x800 with a screen size of 5.5", the ppi will be 274. Obviously, because a bigger screen with the same resolution means the ppi will be lower. So explain to me how exactly you expect the ppi to go over 300 if the resolution stays the same.
32. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
You are right a 1280x800 in 5.5 inch will be 274 ppi. I should have say I wish it will be a 1920X1080 but that is way up to 400 ppi and I don't expect Sammy will inforce this high resolution screen. It will be the the biggest phone with the highest resolution ever in the history of all phones. Who knows mybe samsung will do it. I will be the first to buy it if they did. Thanks for the correction. Good day
17. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I really doubt the Note 2 will have a 768p screen. If anything, I am looking for Sammy to push the res up to something like 1680x1050 or even 1920x1080 if we are lucky. Mali-400 supports 1080p resolutions so I don't think people should kill the idea of a 1050p+ display just yet. Additionally, I hope this will sport an Super AMOLED HD Plus display(RGB Matrix) instead of PenTile, which should be dead by now.
Jellybean is a nice add-on as well.
Samsung really needs a bigger selling point for this device other than a Quad-Core processor.
19. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
May I ask everyone why is this a disappointment?
23. imkyle (Posts: 1068; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Some people want a FHD screen as opposed to the current 720P one. Quad Core is good but it will most likely be the same one used on the Galaxy S III and the GPU is the same as the old one.. Again if the rumors are true...
21. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Someone please help me out as, it's been a few centuries since I've had to speak or read Korean.
24. serge327 (Posts: 66; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
But the exynos 4412 is lose to Qualcomn APQ 8064 quad core krait and adreno 320... hope note 2 will use this cpu instead of exynos...
28. jove39 (Posts: 1741; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Excited...might sell my One X to get hands on Note2 :)