Galaxy Note II or a Galaxy S III? Let us help you decide
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2012, 05:43 posted on
The Galaxy Note II is a very hot device right now. Samsung has just unveiled it at IFA 2012, and has promised a tolerable October launch. With two hot devices in its line-up, though - the Galaxy S III and now the Note II - Samsung isn't making it easy for its customers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. redmd (Posts: 1273; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Galaxy Note 2 definitely. Size isn't an issue for me as I have the Note 1. The bigger battery is such a bonus.
24. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Well in the presentation they stated that it will have 4G LTE, so maybe the Note 2 will be like the korean version of the Galaxy S III i mean (Quad Core Exynos, 2GB of RAM and 4G LTE), i hope that it will be in this way.
20. dcgore (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
For me it depends on the US version of the Note 2. If it comes with a dual core chip, i'll be more inclined to go for the S3.
30. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I can see that. hopefully they're not going to stay with the S4 processor when the Note II hits the US
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
do you want.. big and powerful.. or really big and powerful.. that is your choice!
25. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
SIII, I'm not really into the phablet concept.
49. savezo007 (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
i cant beleive they called it the greatest iphone i mean c'mon its the same its just strecthed and the same goes to the price its stretched from $500 to $5000 -_-
29. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
The answer is simple: it depends on preference. Im a big guy (6'7" 240lbs) and the Note II is the best phone for me. I like the SIII and what it can do, but the Note II does almost everything the SIII can do plus it is visably easier for me to deal with. But again, it depends on preference. Im waiting on the 2yr contract price and the carriers that will carry the device. I hope that it comes to AT&T and it'll be $250 to start
by the time the Note the Note II hits the US, the original Note should be no more than $150 on a 2yr contract. Its still a good phone and i tihnk that people would still buy it
33. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The Note 2 definitely has the best processor on the market, now if only it came to Verizon. Seems like AT&T has the best selection of phones these days.
34. Exile SS (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
Note II all the way. I've been keeping up on it for months and months. Searching before the rumors even started. My friend has the SIII and it's amazing, but i used to have a T-Mobile WIng ad loved the stylus it came with. Plus i like the big screen way too much.
A phone that feels large and hefty in my hand is more practical to me so i don't feel like I'm holding something I'm gonna break, or won't be sure if it's in my pocket or not.
35. D3VR04 (Posts: 34; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
Galaxy Note II, shut up and take my money!
...If the LG Optimus G hits the U.S intact, Galaxy Note II better have my money! lol
37. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Won't be able to sell my Note 1 fast enough come October
38. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
A major thing to consider is the battery capacity... What's the battery capacity on the Note II?
40. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yesterday, in Sam's Club, the Note 1 was $148.95. Time to buy?
43. KingNote (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Soon my Galaxy Note will be in my rear view and I'll be pulling up for the Note 2. I can't wait.....
44. Mehdi (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I am already owning a S3 and its a perfect device and not ready to change right now. But very frankly, Note II has really got my attention even though I didnt like the Note (Previous) screen size. But S Pen and extra battery life is something amused me. But I would like to try a ATIV (windows 8) phone as I have never got my hands on windows based phones...
45. Phoneguy2000 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Guys, why let one smartphone slip your mind. First off, I would like to say that they both have similar stndards so it's not like it's a mile long jump in technology is it now? Secondly, new smartphones are coming out all the time so the note II & s III will have a new rival soon. Last, I would like to say that it doesn't matter if you have the s III and want the note because it is still an amazing phone. Well put it this way, I wouldn't swap my S3 for an iphone NOW THAT WOULD BE A MISTAKE! Android is one big happy family :-)
47. savezo007 (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
does the galaxy note hav a notification light like the SGS3?