Galaxy Note II: last minute round-up
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2012, 04:28 posted on
OK, guys and gals, there are only a few days left until the official introduction of the Galaxy Note II, and you don't want to be caught by surprise when all info about the device becomes available to the world, right...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FrostyDanny (Posts: 90; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
Omg VERIZON why won't you get this awesome phone? Don't you want more money?! Step up your smartphonenlineup with the top phones! No one is going to buy the LG Intuition( not hating on you LG ).
13. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I dont think verizon will not get the second version of this. They probably waited to see if it was going to be popular or not. They will most likely get this one.
2. redmd (Posts: 786; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I wish it wont have that curves of the S3. It will just look like a jumbo S3. I want the design to be different. Samsung should use premium materials like the Bada flagship phones.
4. sid07desai (Posts: 237; Member since: 03 May 2012)
It is pretty obvious. Same as Galaxy S3 (Exynox 4412, 8mp cam, Mali 400, 4.0 ICS). Same as G Note (800x1200). The only new things are 2gb ram (intnl version) and RGB matrix. Won't be much of a surprise.
7. redmd (Posts: 786; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Overclock the procie please. But really, I wish the Note 2 becomes the culmination of the Exynos 5, otherwise quad core krait will blow everything in the competition.
5. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Exynos 5 would be a great processor, i hope they would use it in Gnote2.
12MP+dual led flash and please, a shutter key?
resolution of 720p would be enough.
a stylus that could act like an earpiece+mic. *just like in asus padfone.
better build quality.
no physical keys.
And lastly, a neat looking design.. somewhat, like Gnexus. Curved screen. And no front physical buttons.
and oh, please don't forget that a couple of gigs of ram. That is needed.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3643; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Exynos 5 is only intended for tablets last time I heard. I think I read something about an 11.6 inch tablet Samsung is making that will be the first to have it? I'm not sure if the Note 2 will classify as a tablet, considering it's in its own class, but I doubt the Exynos 5 will be a feature in it regardless.
10. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
exynos 5 was truly intended for tablet. Same goes with s4 pro of qualcomm, but LG managed to put s4 pro in its upcoming device in IFA, optimus G. I think samsung could manage to do same thing with its exynos. :)
6. redmd (Posts: 786; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Samsung haven't had a standout design lately, they keep it clean/minimalist. But its their hardware and software that has strength.
8. FrostyDanny (Posts: 90; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
I think if they used better build quality it would attract even more people!
11. jove39 (Posts: 1205; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
For some reason I love big screen phones...started with 4.0(SGS1) > 4.3(SGS2) > 4.7(OneX) and think next will be 5.5 in Note2 :)
12. redmd (Posts: 786; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
That sounds familiar. Mine is SGS1>SGS2>SGNote. I skipped the S3 because it's smaller than the Note. lol
14. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 439; Member since: 20 May 2012)
If that bulls**t jury decision delays or prevents the note 2 launch, I'm going to start a riot at a Mac store
16. serge327 (Posts: 43; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
if note 2 can use Qualcomn APQ 8064 quad krait andreno 320 gpu instead of exynos 4412 will be better...
18. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I look forward to this today Wednesday August 29th. We will be hearing when this will land in the States and on what carriers. The Galaxy Note 2 will land on all US carriers except Verizon. It will hit T-mobile first on October 12 and At&t on October 19th and hit Sprint on October 26th just my predictions. Otherwise VERIZON has the LG VU and will have the exclusive HTC 1080p Note 2 competitor. Samsung won't make a Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon....