Galaxy Nexus tip: shave before trying Face Unlock
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2011, 19:09 posted on
We've been playing around with the Galaxy Nexus, and we know you out there are just about to get your hands on yours, but there are some tips and tricks to help you with the new Android 4.0. Our first tip is for Face Unlock...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. bossmt_2 (Posts: 445; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Would be interesting to see the improvements to this. My guess is the future is a progressive face unlock, like it records an update to your face everytime you unlock it so as your hair grows it can adjust.
3. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Or it scans your retina and a fingerprint.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
in general, it uses the size, shape and position of your eyes, nose and mouth, which is why someone who looks like you could hack it. I guess it uses color differentiation between skin and features, so facial hair causes problems.
5. denney (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I don't see why they haven't implemented a fingerprint unlock feature. Wouldn't it be incredibly easy with capacitive technology?
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
See motorola atrix
I wish Google used that combined with NFC and wallet = fast secure way to pay
8. enjoi455 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
"Face Unlock is very fast and easy when it does work, but it's probably a good thing that ICS is being released after Movember."
Did you mean November?
9. blackrose (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Plus Google tells you its not as safe as pin unlock and others.so use it at your own risk
11. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Siri is not perfect as much as the face unlock, and please don't compare face unlock with outdated "Face Time", my low end phone can VIDEO CALL, while I have to use the so called face time on my iPhone[considering the fact that most of my friends and family members don't have Apple devices for Face Time], so they're both complitetly different thing. In my opinion face time is an old technology, which can be replaced by skype [like WTH]. So if we can give Siri the benefit of the doubt and say it'll work better after the beta version, why cant we say the same with face unlock, oh wait, it's not created by Apple. In my opinion your article praised Apple and d'sis Android, which is bn biased, like I said, just my individual opinion form what I read
13. rawdeal (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
iphonearena strikes again....u guys come out of tainting android as ur efforts r not enuf...people will still lik android os
14. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 269; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
Brian Wilson just took a bat and slammed it against a cooler...