Galaxy Nexus may be coming to AT&T soon, with LTE
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Apr 2012, 15:27
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has had a somewhat slow rollout in the US. While the device has been on Verizon for a while, it still has yet to officially be released by any other carriers. We've seen recently that Sprint...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. md227a posted on 06 Apr 2012, 15:37 0 0
And this would be a good replacement to my I-777, bring it on!
3. theBankRobber posted on 06 Apr 2012, 16:08 0 0
On April 16th, Sprint will be pulling 30 names to give them a Galaxy Nexus. Would be nice to win, I would still hold onto my Photon but having a way better screen with LTE would be nice. ;)
4. networkdood posted on 06 Apr 2012, 16:17 0 0
Will the Sprint version run on WiMax and 4G LTE?
6. EclipseGSX posted on 06 Apr 2012, 16:24 0 0
No, there will not be any phones with WiMax and LTE antennas it's one or the other. WiMax is being phased out
7. networkdood posted on 06 Apr 2012, 16:34 0 0
Hmmm, makes sense, but it may help with coverage until Sprint is done.
19. kanagadeepan posted on 07 Apr 2012, 21:00 0 0
Having both WiMax and LTE will be nice... But brother, think about the poor fellow called battery sitting inside the Galaxy-Nexus...
14. theBankRobber posted on 06 Apr 2012, 22:45 0 0
Sprints version is the same one on Verizon.
16. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 07 Apr 2012, 13:56 0 0
And what phones are Tmobile getting.....
5. troybuilt posted on 06 Apr 2012, 16:20 3 0
I work for AT&T and I have not heard anything about the Galaxy Nexus coming soon. I'm sure it's probably true though. Also, SIM cards are universal to every phone. There's no phone that has an "Exclusive" SIM card as it's own that I know of and never heard of it. iPhone 4 was the first for the micro sim and now available for a few Pantech Android devices. The poster needs to correct that.
8. torr310 posted on 06 Apr 2012, 16:35 1 0
I was going to get this phone but heard it has radio issues. I finally got the HTC Rezound instead.
You as ATT users are lucky if you get the version with the radio issue solved. It will be worth the wait (even though it's considered as quite long time)!
9. Phullofphil posted on 06 Apr 2012, 16:44 0 0
I have it radio issues are gone it was software I believe
10. Jyakotu posted on 06 Apr 2012, 17:04 0 0
AT&T should offer it, mainly because I like that their 4G LTE phones fall back on HSPA+ if you don't have LTE coverage in your area. Both technologies are pretty fast, so it's a win-win situation.
11. jove39 posted on 06 Apr 2012, 17:15 0 0
Whats the point...now everyone is waiting for SGS-III...but I might sell my i777 to try Nexus!
13. Chronos posted on 06 Apr 2012, 20:36 4 0
It wouldn't surprise me if T-Mobile is ignored. It would be a shame if T-mobile is the only one of the big four to be left out on the Galaxy nexus.
15. thelegend6657 posted on 07 Apr 2012, 09:05 0 3
when it is there people will want the galaxy s3
20. babyk posted on 09 Apr 2012, 07:38 0 0
now what if the galaxy s3 is as disappointing as we never thought it would? What if the design is as ugly as ...... what would we say now? WHAT IF it got lower benchmark scores than htc one x? What would we do now?
18. Forsaken77 posted on 07 Apr 2012, 17:09 1 1
The Galaxy Nexus is old news already. Bring on the S3! It's not even worth the hassle to sell your GS2 or Skyrocket to get the Nexus. It's basically the same phone with a bigger screen. Anyway, didn't PA already post that AT&T's Galaxy Nexus was gonna be the Skyrocket HD (which isn't the same as the Nexus anyway)? What ever happened to that? But anyone that has an S2(i777) or Skyrocket (i727), I would suggest keeping them until the S3 comes out, or something more advanced.