Galaxy Nexus front camera is capable of 720p video
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2011, 11:07 posted on
We're not sure why there has been no news of this, but apparently the Galaxy Nexus is capable of capturing 720p video from its front-facing camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I just checked this on my Rezound (2 MP front). It also records 720p video. As long as the front sensor supports it, there's no reason the phone couldn't handle it.
5. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Release the damn phone already! What the hell are you waiting for verizon!
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Quick question. Why do i need a 720p front when i have a 1080p rear?
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
For video chat of course. You can't see who you're chatting with if you use the rear camera
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, you could always do the constant flipping the phone back n forth for talking and then listening..lolol. i did that once on my SGS1 (with no FFC) as a proof of concept for someone.. lol. :)
8. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
checked on my s2..its limited to 640*480 even with its 2mp front cam....its nice for HD video conferencing and i hope it will come with the ICS update..!!
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
remember that discussion we were having about MPX and quality.... :) 720p from a 1.3mpx camera.
12. beatsandmelody (Posts: 109; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Yep! I was the one that brought it up on the RAZR article. Someone gave me a thumbs down just for asking :( Oh well.
And on the point of this article, I actually HAVE seen the "HD" FFC mentioned veryyyy sparsely on random parts of the internet. I think CNET's review mentions it. I only saw it while looking up more info on the RAZR as Moto seems to be advertising it while Samsung/Google is not (but some media outlets are...)
11. bigdad1963 (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I\'d be shocked if it didn\'t have it. I got tired of waiting and sprung for the Rezound which has a 2 mp high definition camera which as the other poster said is great for chat, but also puts up amazing quality youtube videos.
13. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 266; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
this could be useful for business video conferences, but i fail to understand why would a phone use this much resolution for a video call for personal (phone to phone) use.
maybe for TV reports at war zone as well, this would be helpful instead of having those 1pixle satellite video phones (even thought i doubt they would have LTE in war zones to handle 720p video calls)
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont forget there is also an HSPA+ version as well... though the same thing still applies about the war zone probably.. lol
the answer to your question of why is... because we can. if we dont continue to push the tech forward it will always stay the way it is.. and who wants that?
15. bigdad1963 (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
You can choose your resolution on the Rezound and I assume it will be the same for the Nexus. Choices are always good. I\'m someone who always likes to watch in the highest definition available, but again the choice will be yours.
16. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
now bring it on verizon