Galaxy Nexus benchmarked with possible OMAP4470
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Jan 2012, 16:55
This one is certainly far from confirmed, but it seems that there is a new model of Galaxy Nexus being tested in the wild which may have a fancy new updated CPU. At least, that's what some new benchmarks would have you believe...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. remixfa posted on 30 Jan 2012, 17:03 6 0
sweet. maybe its the long lost T-Mobile version. :)
here's a question. Are there any sets out there that use that same combination? What does the Razr use? Good chance if that combination is out there, its a heavily modded handset running the wrong model number.
5. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Jan 2012, 17:27 2 0
The RAZR has the same 4430 that's in the Bionic and the 3 but it's clocked up by 200MHz. I have a theory that Motor updated the drivers with 2.3.6 because the benchmarks show the correct FPS now. oh btw I'm a RAZR owner now. ;]
12. remixfa posted on 30 Jan 2012, 19:23 1 0
how do u like it? everything u hoped? I'm surprised you didn't go with the nexus. what made u go that way?
13. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Jan 2012, 20:51 2 0
i like it. it's hella beastly. i actually like the auto correction on the stock keyboard, i hardly ever find auto correction useful but I'm really using it on this. the Razr has a better build quality and i like a lot of Motorola's little benefits. have you seen Motor's supposed build of ICS?
15. remixfa posted on 30 Jan 2012, 21:50 1 0
yea. but after running a pure stock ICS 4.0.3 for so long, i really dont want to go back to skins. It is absolutely no joke that my nearly 2 year old SGS1 is running ICS smooth "like an iphone" and on regular tasks its out performing my DC tablet running honeycomb. there really isnt much from any of the manufacturer skins right now that would entice me off of stock ICS.
16. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Jan 2012, 22:39 1 0
well you need to take a good look at this Razr, it's really fast. i'm back to using GO Launcher myself. i've made a pretty good theme for myself. ^^
2. threeline posted on 30 Jan 2012, 17:03 1 0
Please be Sprint's version! They owe us loyal customers a big solid because we have been waiting patiently through the WiMax to LTE transition. I have been do for an upgrade since November but I'm waiting on a monster phone that will compete for the next 22 months since Sprint canned the annual upgrade program. Plus they never got 4G in my area off the ground so basically have a Samsung Epic 3G!
3. Twitch016 posted on 30 Jan 2012, 17:07 1 0
I would love to see a "Galaxy Nexus Pro" or "Elite" model - I'm on track for an August update and would love a more future-proofed CPU, GPU, and camera with the Nexus purity. I could deal with 2 Nexuses a year since they serve as benchmarks, not adding to phone clutter in my opinion. Then again, if the only Androids were the Nexus line, I'd be happy that way too. I'm biased that way.
4. handicrapguy posted on 30 Jan 2012, 17:09 1 3
The top device has a better gpu yet slower cpu, seems a bit weird.
6. MichaelHeller posted on 30 Jan 2012, 17:31 3 0
The top device is the only one that hasn't been rooted and overclocked. The Nexus normally has a 1.2 GHz processor, the others have been overclocked to 1.4
8. MNX1024 posted on 30 Jan 2012, 17:56 3 1
Honestly, I would be thoroughly pissed if they release a slight update of the Galaxy Nexus, more so if they do it soon. It's like a kick in the *enter whatever you want* to early adopters.
11. jove39 posted on 30 Jan 2012, 18:17 3 1
I was expecting top of the line cpu and gpu from this latest gNex...but google couldn't do it...anyway...I am happy with my sgs2 and its exynos cpu for now...will wait for sgs3!
9. jove39 posted on 30 Jan 2012, 18:13 2 1
Hmmm...SGX544 will perform quite better than generation old SGX540...hopefully...gNex owners can keep live wallpapers on...without stuttering.
See anandtech post-http://www.anandtech.com/show/
14. k1ng617 posted on 30 Jan 2012, 21:20 0 0
I just ran a 44.2 on my stock frequency Galaxy Note. 38.9 is unimpressive...
18. RandomlyPsychotic posted on 30 Jan 2012, 22:54 0 0
imma be mad if it's a new model. i paid $700 for my phone!
19. datsyuk posted on 30 Jan 2012, 22:56 0 0
Ridiculous. Should of came this way when it went to Verizon to begin with. Well that's what the Galaxy S3 is for (praying it comes to Verizon).
20. Noray402 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 00:42 2 0
I have three ideas on what it "COULD" be
1. Sprint's model which i doubt highly
2. Att's Model, why? Because awhile ago Att did a little survey to its customer about if they would like the G.N onboard,also FCC passed bands for a G.N quite a time ago as well.
3. G.N 2.0 just like the Razor Maxx for Verizon
But for me hoping its the Att model need to get rid of this Captivate!
Also 8mp or 12mp camera and a new body material woulod be a nice touch. :)