Galaxy Gear Smart Remote app is the keypad, but you still need a phone to be the IR blaster
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2013, 20:21 posted on
Look, we like the idea of smartwatches, but we're also a big fan of them being "smart". That doesn't mean just throwing any functionality at it and see what sticks, but being smart about what is the best use for a smartwatch, and what doesn't make sense. Unfortunately, we kind of feel like the new Galaxy Gear Smart Remote app falls into that second category...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. joey_sfb (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Really delighted on Samsung commitment to their product.
2. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 258; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
LOL reminds me of that character MasterBlaster from MadMax...
3. rd_nest (Posts: 606; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
The author needs more technical knowledge. How do you control a TV if you don't have IR?? Don't you know the basic working of a IR?
5. DONUT (Posts: 189; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
he is basically saying this is pointless on the Gear, which is true