GSMA anounced 2013 mobile awards winners: see who won for best smartphone and tablet here
Other manufacturers also grabbed some of the awards, though, so it wasn’t just about the South Korean company. Take a look at the 2013 GSMA award winners right below.
source: GSMA Awards
Global Mobile Awards 2013: Winners Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Global Mobile Awards 2013: Winners
1. Best Smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S III
2. Best Mobile Tablet - Nexus 7
4. Best Feature phone or entry level phone - Nokia Asha 305
7. Best Mobile Enabled Consumer Electronics Device - Samsung Galaxy Camera
1. ray77 (Posts: 121; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
yes two years in a roll great for samsung... yahooo!!!! >-
36. abdane (Posts: 469; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
where is apple ? i dont see their smartphone or tablet ! LOLOL
KEEP IT UP SAMMY !!!
61. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
They didn't participate in the show. The awards were only considered for devices that were part of it.
64. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Woops, my bad, iPhone 5 was considered. Thought it was more like a trade show like CES which Apple doesn't usually participate in.
70. donfem (Posts: 461; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Probably because "Samsung" paid for the votes. :)
41. tusshharish (Posts: 324; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
sorry to say but in my opinion nokia lumia 920 should win this award.........
42. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
seriously Lumia 920???????
Any particular reason?
52. samystic (Posts: 187; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
wake up! gimme 5 reasons why Nokia 920 does not deserve a mention... fanboism aside, 920 has features needed when needed
60. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
you give me 5 reason why lumia 920 is better than G s 3.
54. tusshharish (Posts: 324; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
any......i will told you many.........nokia 920 has pureview technology that beats other phones badly including icrap sgs3 htc on x etc.........it also have unique design which far better than others.....it has supersensitive touch ......also many nokia maps city lens nfc live tiles..........etc etc......what does gs3 has??.......crappy design that u will find 5 to 10 phones similar to it......and quad core processor nokia beat s3 with dual core if you dont believe me see comparison on youtube........and nokia lumia 920 has great colours.......sgs3 looks creepy in their every colour...........and android is not very neat and clean.........though wp8 lacks of apps but still it looks very attractive.....sgs3 has only great hardware its not innovative..../....but nokia lumia 920 is most innovative and great ............/.
i am nokia fanboy and i love nokia lumia 920.....
56. xoatomxo (Posts: 56; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
I havent seen a person having Nokia in NYC for years now.
59. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
oh you are fanboy ..then god help you kid.
Fanboy are like Zombie who do not have brain....you guys are just like i$heep the only difference is Nokia replace Apple.
Even a world most stupid creature can learn but Fanboy never learn.....
Lumia 920 is overpriced phone....design is good but other than that nothing else..
Thats what selector think........but since you are a fanboy and fanboy never think...
God Bless you.....Nokiazombie
77. lkjhg755 (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Lumia 920 is $450 unlocked, Galaxy S3 is $600. You can get either on third party retailers for around $400. The lumia is as good a phone or better than the s3. So how is that overpriced?
79. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
A good phone, yes. A great phone, yes. But a better phone than the S3? That's questionable. And don't forget the Nexus 4. That beats EVERYTHING in off contract price. It's upsetting that its unavailable so often...
73. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Yes, you certainly are a fanboy. What you don't realize, is that your OPINION is just that. They teach kids in kindergarten the difference between fact and opinion these days. By the way, you must be talking about the original Galaxy line. Android 4.0 is EXTREMELY neat and clean, though more complex than other operating systems. Samsung also, through TouchWiz, added tons of INNOVATIVE, EXCLUSIVE features to the GS III. I agree that Samsung could make a more premium design, but that would raise the already expensive costs. The S3 is SOMETIMES beaten in YouTube comparisons, but Samsung has no control over that. Windows Phone is made to run on less and do more; Android isn't and Samsung can't change that. Besides, I believe that Samsung has proven its handset in sales. Perhaps the Lumia models are selling well, but that's because they have to. Samsung still has WAY outsold all Lumia models.
65. Taters (Posts: 2103; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Lumia 920 loses automatically because it has a 4.5 inch screen yet it is more difficult to handle than 5 inch monster like the Xperia Z, DNA, and butterfly. Heck, it is heavier than the 5.5 inch Note 2. Sorry, but that is a parameter that Nokia can't skimp on. It is like building a two door coupe that is heavier than a 4 wheel drive turck with heavy towing capacity. That just doesn't fly.
75. akki20892 (Posts: 2285; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right dude........s3 have nothing it have andoird and few features in..........but look at nokia lumia 920 all features, can easily beat s3......!!!
78. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Can you name those features, or will you trash a handset with a ridiculously higher number of sales than every Lumia combined with no evidence? I think the 920 is fantastic, but you are tarnishing its name by showing us its supporters are mindless fanboys. I have never owned a Samsung or Nokia, but I still respect both of their flagship devices. Also, find a grammar teacher. Both you and the other fanboy are further tarnishing the phone's name by making yourselves look ignorant.
11. Topcat488 (Posts: 977; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Like the number on your post... Samsung is on a 3-peat. Congratulations Sammy... ;)
5. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
that is great my boy sammy did it again (((:
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
No Apple device? Points taken, Apple sucks :)
62. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You don't understand how trade shows work do you . . .
8. pratyushgaur.6 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I am not Samsung Fan, I am Android fan and happen to have Samsung Products cos' they make best Androids.....I am so happy to see both Android and Samsung doing great here.
Android Forever!! Awesome!!
9. platformwars (Posts: 52; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I hope to see a change next year.. want HTC or SONY device to be the best device of the year.. Dont like the all plastic Samsung Products.. even though they are the best in terms of Software Enhancements and Hardware Optimizations.. but i personally dont like the all plastic bodies..
Love what HTC has done with the One and SONY with the new Xperia.
14. pratyushgaur.6 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
If only my friend, body construction won prizes...Apple would have grabbed all the prixes.
Samsung does best, what needs to be best. They succeed in whatever they do!!
71. donfem (Posts: 461; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I guess the car you drive is made of steel... that is assuming you even drive
10. centurion (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
l feel the forces is stronger wiz samsung hehehehe great for samsung
12. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well that was really easy to guess.
No online poll for fanboys and Microsoft to hijack, like they did on Gizmo and Engadget
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Let me guess - all of the red votes are from Android/Sammy haters?
85. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
They're the Nokia fanboys upset that their 920 couldn't beat the best phone available. (I might make an exception for the Note 2.)
17. cGmC11 (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
The next year the Galaxy line will be pulled by the HTC One (M7)!
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
HTC will continue to fail for cheating the customers two years back, who always making a device that not just easily obsolete, but crap until the sudden death keep happen... Right now consumer has made smart choice to ditch away the HTC
29. tiara6918 (Posts: 1200; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Why?did your one x die all of a sudden?
50. ojdidit84 (Posts: 162; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
You have to admit. It's pretty funny watching WendayGarett go back and forth on his/her(?) opinion of smartphone manufacturers over the past month. Makes for a good laugh.
80. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Why all the hate on HTC? I already dealt with the Lumia fanboys... I really don't want to ruin Samsung's day of triumph... I LOVE my Sensation. Especially with ICS, it's a great phone. I want the HTC One too. I really think HTC has a winner this year. I guess the S4 and Note3 are going to be winners too. Unless someone can give me a reason other than battery life as to why they instantly hate HTC at the first mention, I'm skipping Samsung this year.
86. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I think it's funny how you all hide behind the dislike button. Instead of confronting me, showing your opinion, and possibly swaying me to believe it, you hide in fear behind the anonymous red dislike button. All your doing is proving I'm right...
23. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wtf? Troll? Please go away
19. N-fanboy (Posts: 445; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I'm a Nokia fan, but i couldn't agree more on the awards... SGS3 was out there for the most part of the year. So congrats samfans
28. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
A reasonable Nokia fan.
How refreshing :p
But the S3' win is not just because of the market dominance. Lumia 920 was also in the mix for the award, despite of only two months of availability
82. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I was thinking the same thing! Nice to see someone from the Nokia camp isn't a mindless fanboy! Thank you N-Fanboy. I find your name ironic, by the way! :p
20. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
you will never see this on Cnet hahahaha!!! Good 4 Sammy :))
21. PointMaza (Posts: 60; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
no award for apple huh!
apple makes innovation where is it? lol
now it's proved that apple is crap
87. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
This is where we've taken things too far. Lets celebrate our victory, but lets not become fanboys in doing so. It's fine to point out that Apple didn't get any awards, but we do the same things the Lumia fanboys were towards the top of the page if we call Apple names. Please don't tarnish Samsung's great handset with fanboyism directed to it...
31. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
They were announced long ago:
iPhone 5, S3, Note 2, Nexus 4, Lumia 920 and Droid DNA
25. praveen_1221 (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Looks like Phonearena also biased and Apple fan.
The Heading may be like this if Apple won Smartphone and tablet award.
GSMA anounced 2013 mobile awards winners: Best smartphone is iPhone4S and tablet is new iPad.
In the same page phonearena mentioned name of Apple iphone name in the post like this "Eight of the top ten devices activated for enterprise use in Q4 were Apple devices"
69. nasznjoka (Posts: 220; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
You see praveen??? this should be the main story but they dont give a sh******** cuz its not what they wanted. first of all every tech site announces their best sphne of the year what about iPHONEARENA?
88. quesoesgrande (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I'm sorry, but your an imbecile. "The Heading MAY be like this..." May means it could be that heading, but isn't definite. Besides, if the site posted ANYTHING like your heading, there would be no reason to read the article because it told you what you need to know in a shorter more efficient timeframe. To your second observation, it's easier to say eight of the top ten than it is to list very apple and non apple device out in that small tile.