GSM version of Google Nexus Prime passes through the FCC
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2011, 13:47 posted on
The GSM version of the Google Nexus Prime has visited the FCC which is another item that you can draw a line through on your "things-to-do" checklist; of course, a thumbs up from the FCC is not a guarantee that a phone will be launched soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Optimus (unregistered)
The day is getting closer. I can taste it!
2. koreampuff (unregistered)
The writer just had to save that last piece of of news I was really looking at this article for until the last sentence. haha confirmation, YES.
3. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
I WANTZ IT! :) I'm not gunna lie, I'm pretty excited about ICS.
4. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Cannot WAIT to run some AWS goodness through my Nexus Prime! - D
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
this might be the first Nexus they'll eventually make available for all carriers.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it just confirmed it had Tmo 4g signals in the FCC Filing. Tmo has launched every nexus device. i doubt this will be different. My gut feeling is the "vzw exclusive" is going to be slightly different than the "nexus".
the real question is if its really going to be in store or not.. it better be in every store darn it!! lol
7. Carlos (unregistered)
Yeah in other articles read the same that it has tmobile bands, but then were updted saying they were AT&T bands only.
12. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
no they neglected to include the T-Mobile AWS at first then they updated their Article saying it DOES include AWS. you have that backwards Carlos. Every Single Article online including the Actual FCC website lists T-Mobile's bands.
13. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Yea, good catch, it does say AWS is called out right in the beginning of the 1st exposure doc
15. Carlos (unregistered)
Yeah true noiced that
8. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
No hating on this phone by apple or wp7 fans. None of you have tried ice cream sandwich. If it was a half baked os no one would be using it. At least android hasn't looked the same since it came out. Apple is copying more from android than android is from apple. The specs make it the best phone coming out, so deal with it. Android has the best phone out right now followed by iPhone4s, Wp7 and bada last.
37. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
WP7 user here, and I'm not hating on this device. I actually have high hopes for ICS, only because the UI is getting a significant face lift from one of the people involved with WebOS, which itself was a nice OS.
But, I can safely say that up until ICS, Android's overall UX has been...less than spectacular, and possibly bordering on frustrating. I do hope this changes that though; I don't lose anything by Android getting better.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Make it compatible worldwide! So I can buy it and use it here
14. philanthropissed (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Man, I really hope the AT&T variant has a LTE radio.
38. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Better chance of HSPA+ than LTE from AT&T for this year.
16. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Not very excited about this phone mainly due to the OS. Ice Cream Sandwich just looks very outdated.
17. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
How would you know? Just based on the leaks?! IT ISN'T EVEN OUT YET!!!!
20. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Indeed based on those very leaks. It can't and won't be any different to what we have already seen.
21. Allday28 (Posts: 283; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
How does it look outdated? Please explain..
24. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Just look at it, It is effectively the same as Android 1.5. How can this not be outdated.
26. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it looks absolutely nothing like android 1.5 you apparently have never used an android. and to say it looks outdated must mean that there is something that is more functional than android. And that is? iOS certainly hasnt changed in 5 iterations? Are you are new BADA cheer leader?? lol. What is more "updated" than android?
27. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
you have to be joking...1.5 is G1....which i had and it looks nothing like it...
28. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Works on exactly the same principles. Ugly icons and widgets and moving left and right to all your homescreens.
Atleast MeeGo Harmatten and Windows Phone are breaking this dreadlock.
30. roscuthiii (Posts: 2204; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
You realize Live Tiles is basically just widgets right?
46. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Live tiles are not exactly like widgets. Both do display live information, but in WP7, you don't have to download and install widgets. You can basically take ANYTHING and pin it as a Tile to the wall, including an individual web page, a single contact or group of contacts(with live information, status updates, etc. on the tile), or any screen within an application. It's like an advanced bookmarking system with live information rather than a standalone widget.
34. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
lol... meego- swiping actions
your point is?
i think ur confusing this with iOS... iOS hasn't changed its look for 5 iterations... not android
41. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol.. now i know you must be kidding? meego is dead. Windows phone is nothing but a wall of similar colored widgets.
47. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
See my comment about the live tiles above (comment #46). Also, it appears that Mozarrt was trying to argue that from its inception, the UI of Android works on the same principles. Obviously it is better looking and more polished now than it was to start, but at its core, it is still several walls of applications. This isn't to say that it doesn't work for those who use it, it just means that some people will find it stale, which is exactly what Mozarrt expressed.
18. Hi (unregistered)
i just jizz hahaha
19. Cinnamon (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)
I hope its somewhere between 4.3-4.5 inches :)
39. sethyvball (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
And i hope it has a small bezel which makes the phone itself smaller than the SGSll.
43. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
That's definately NOT what she said
22. VZW World (unregistered)
Why is VZW so reluctant to put the dual banded radios in their phones? It would be a no brainer for business and casual world travelers alike, if VZW would make more of their phones Global!
23. lonewolf2210 (unregistered)
There is NO chance of this being on sprint I take it, because they got the iphone. SUCKS
29. Reepa (Posts: 19; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I so want this fone to not live up to the expectations so dat some of y'all wud jus collapse smh.....
31. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
Why can't people learn to spell or use semi-decent grammar... seriously, we need some translators.
35. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
i think someone is envious... are you mad that the Crapple i4S isn't better than this?
don't worry... you're still enjoying android 2.1 on iOS5... it's gonna get better
32. IDCAdrenoSUks (unregistered)
be funny if this can't beat the gs2
33. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
cant wait for this phone to hit the uk,all i want is amoled hd and ICS
44. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
3 day from getting my sgs2 and this news breaks. I was set, completely done waiting then THIS happens. Now I have to wait. Hopefully this time I won't be 6+ months behind the rest of the world.
45. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
My dad just got a sgs2 yesterday. It really is a great phone. I think you'd still be really happy with it. The biggest usable differences between the nexus and the gs2 is the screen and ICS. The gs2 will get ICS, and the screen on the gs2 is still awesome... but ya, the nexus screen should be pretty phenomenal. Still a good choice and you won't be disappointed.
51. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
PLEASE COME TO AT&T my Atrix FEELS old already with the GS II being out