GLBenchmark test leads to speculation that Motorola is dropping TI for the Qualcomm S4
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2012, 18:17 posted on
A GL Benchmark test for a Motorola device named Qinara, possibly referring to the Motorola Dinara, shows that the a reference to Qualcomm's dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor; the model, listed as MB886, runs Android 4.0.3 and may be coming to AT&T...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Ijustdontknow (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Crapdragons are a POS. TI aren't that great either... I mean just look at the sluggish Galaxy Nexus. But than again the Galaxy nexus was garbage anyway with the rest of its hardware like:
-crappy ext speakers
-old rehashed and pos gpu the POWERVR sgx540
-and that ugly screen that was doomed to be replace with better tech before it even made it to the market
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
do you have any idea what you're talking about? the OMAP4 was the best SoC they could use with LTE support at the time. what else should they have used? Phone Arena themselves said that the screen is quite comparable to the Retina Display of the iPhone 4/4S. if you call a screen like that crappy just what sets the bar for you?
12. barondebxl (Posts: 114; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
And you're a clown you understood what he meant
2. BattleBrat (Posts: 1301; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I thought Moto was building an Intel based handset?
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i guess they still are. last i heard they were still having power management issues. o:
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Motorola does have a tendency to use the current leading SoC when the current generation of OMAP just doesn't quite cut it anymore and the next gen is a little while away just like they did with the Tegra II however when the OMAP5 comes out armed and ready Motorola will pick things back up with them. hopefully in time for the Jelly Bean Nexus. ;)
5. zothen (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Agree. This could be more of a divorce from Tegra than a divorce from OMAP.
6. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
DROID Razr HD with 4.7", 720p screen and S4 processor. Come to poppa!
8. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
so why is moto making a new phone every couple of months again?
11. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Moto isn't divorcing TI, you must be crazy TI makes excellent chips Motorola won't all of a sudden ditch TI. They are basically testing out another chip maker, they did try that with the Tegra 2 in one or two of their models but all the other Moto top line phones came with an OMAP by TI.