GIVEAWAY: Optimus G, PHOTON Q and Galaxy Victory for Sprint
0. phoneArena 30 Nov 2012, 07:49 posted on
It's almost time for holidays and we're already in the mood for presents! And this time, thanks to our partners from Sprint, we're giving not one, but a total of three wonderful smartphones: the LG Optimus G, Motorola PHOTON Q and Samsung Galaxy Victory! Actually, this will be just this week. The next one we'll be doing a second giveaway, once again with a unit of each of these three models; and the week after that, we'll be giving away these three, plus an LG Mach, which means that for these three weeks, we'll be presenting you with a total of 10 devices! Talk about a great start of the holiday season...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
469. metalpoet (unregistered)
The feature I value the most is the camera, I love that we now have cameras in our phones that are better than 8mp! And front facing cameras are always fun for video conferencing for my job.
558. brobert11 (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
that it functions as a phone... Make and receive calls...
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
the optimus G from LG is the best and valueable ..
4. Conan_Kudo (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
The screen is the most valuable to me. A true 720p HD screen matters a lot because that is the single most used feature by me (or really any smartphone user).
6. tonyv69 (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Toss up, internet access anywhere vs entertainment.
The G would be awsome
9. dsDoan (Posts: 212; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
If it's not stock Android, I'm going to root (therefore I'll put any software features I want on the device myself), so hardware specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) are most important to me when purchasing a device.
10. frontlyna (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Since I just had my newborn son,I would have to say that the 13mp camera on the Optimus G would be my top choice.Also, having that power of the S4 pro to upload those images quickly to Dropbox would be supreme.
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
PA...you are making us look bad!! Those who are outside the US circle!!
16. gp1986 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Increased productivity through multitasking and scheduling.
17. bparkerson (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
The ability to perform multiple functions at once, Multitasking! The LG Optimus G is one of the best at this and would absolutely love one in my stocking this year!!!
18. kevin_wsy (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
The camera, because I do a lot of blogging with recipes and ideas so I take lots of pictures with my phone.
19. mdrharris (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
It would have to be always on internet access for me, I have to be able to stay connected!
20. kharpeng (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I would like to own the LG Optimus G because of it's powerful processor and stunning resolution, it's awesome.
22. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
The screen quality, the PPI mostly. A quad core processor sure doesn't hurt with true multitasking either.
25. Mechanism (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Multitasking and Screen resolution... Would love the Optimus G for Xmas - help me out!!
27. Subzero (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
The most Valueable feature in a smartphone has to be the processor speed with no doubt, the speed of the processor effects every other aspect of the phone, how fast apps load, how fast the web browser runs, etc. Think about it, how much of a good phone would the iPhone 4 be if it was givin a 600mHz processor, it would be pretty crappy, without a fast processor speed, things of the phone slow down and become saggy and not a great user experience at all.
29. JayTavarez91 (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
The Optimus G from LG would be my cup of tea simply because it has everything a "High-end phone" in todays market would have. The SnapDragon S4 Pro processor, 4.7 HD screen, 2 GB of RAM && a 13 MP shooter! It completely sh*t on my phone lol ..
31. mas11 (Posts: 1014; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Battery life, a phone that's constantly charging isn't mobile.
32. bntran0410 (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Reliable Internet connectivity....I'm in a poor signal building with 4G right outside so I need a phone that can hold the signal in a metal box!
33. LordDavon (Posts: 104; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I got my nephew the Optimus G for Christmas (already gave it to him), and he can't put it down. Would love one myself. :)
As for the contest: Multitasking is a must! The ability to write an email, while reading a document, is why my smartphones are Android.
35. ngo2dd (Posts: 773; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
It has to be the display. That is the one thing I look at everyday.
36. ProlificZ21 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Jun 2008)
LG Optimus G is the the most valuable with what it provides for its price tag.
37. NestorCampos89 (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
The feature that I look for in a phone is the ability to keep me entertain while im bored.
40. bomb3r (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
LG Optimus G. Im trying to choose a new phone and it is the best out of these three. Hopefully get the phone because I need one.
41. Troysyx (Posts: 108; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Its ability to keep up with me. The LG Optimus G's quad core processor and two gigs of ram would fly for me, with no stutters or hiccups.
42. taunjaswenson (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Definitely the camera, so that i can take pictures of my little guy :)
43. Kelley71 (Posts: 44; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
The Operating System is the most important feature to me. Having or being able to put some version of Linux (including Android) on the phone is a must.
Hardware wise, a keyboard (or lack thereof) is the feature that plays most into my interest (or lack thereof) when I see a new model. It takes a device the size of the Note before I can type comfortably and reliably on the screen, and between text, email and the Terminal Emulator, I type a lot.
That is followed by the battery, screen, processor, sd card and cellular radios.
Sealed batteries and lack of a mini-SD card are enough to send me away from a device--which is why I still carry an Epic and await its true successor.
481. Kelley71 (Posts: 44; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Just to drive home the Operating System... I've had to leave my Epic with Sprint for a few days for repairs, and activated an old off-contract Evo 4G that used to be my second line. With 4.1.2 Jelly Bean courtesy of Cyanogenmod 10, this poster-child-for-poor-battery-life actually makes it through a day of moderate use consuming just 1/3 of its charge now.
That said, I still can't wait to have the hardware keyboard to type on again.
44. MattGioff (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
The LG Optimus G is the most important phone to me. Since I have a one hour, fifteen minute commute from Annapolis, MD to Washington, DC, the huge 4.7 inch HD screen is perfect for all the movies and tv shows I catch up on during the bus ride, and the quad core 1.5 ghz processor would help out with my shadowgun binges on the 35 mile trek through traffic on route 50. And while the camera on my phone currently is ok, the 13 megapixel shooter would be a nice upgrade that would come in handy for better documenting the spectacles I witness on the streets of DC which can be either astounding or atrocious, and every so often atrociously astounding.
I'd be so psyched to get picked for the LG Optimus G! Help me out phoneArena.com!
45. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Internet connection/data. What good is a smart phone otherwise?
46. e.wvu (unregistered)
RAM because I multitask a lot on my phone during the day.
47. corgilot (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
though Screen resolution is very high on my list, I would have to say that processing speed/capability is probably the most important. This helps with the multitasking that I do a TON of throughout the day!
49. thenoodge (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
speed i want a phone that doesnt lag up when i am using it
50. cnyte (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
the LG Optimus G screen high resolution is the most valuable!
51. dc296gsr (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Nov 2009)
LOTS of RAM, something my Epic 4G does not have nearly enough of.
52. Darnelll (Posts: 13; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
The most important smartphone feature is the processor for me; therefore the LG Optimus G would be perfect for me with its quad core processor humming along inside. I currently have a hour long commute that I use for mobile gaming and I like to play the intense graphically driven games like Shadowgun and Dead Space. If I had the LG Optimus G I could avoid the agonizingly long load screens and gameplay hiccups.
Please pick me, Phone Arena! It would make me so happy!
53. Orbitman (Posts: 109; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
data connectivity; I gotta stay connected!!!
54. Markechio (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
the screen resolution has to be the most important feature to me