GDR2 update brings problems to certain HTC 8X units
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2013, 18:52 posted on
It seems that the recent GDR 2 update for Windows Phone 8 might have brought an unwanted feature with it, if you own the HTC 8X; according to complaints from some owners of the model, after the update was installed, their phone froze. Most times, it happened while music was playing. Since a battery pull is not possible with the 8X, the recommended key combination should have rebooted the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Taters the blind hater at its finest. May i remind you that Samsung also had issues with Galaxy S3s and S2s turning into bricks?
500+ pages on XDA.
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Don't mind taters. He hates on HTC all day err'day and loves as till the worlds end. No use trying to talk sense with him
8. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
"Hates HTC" "Talk sense" -- I see what you did there. :D
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not sure if that was purposeful or not, but it was an amazing pun regardless.
10. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Thought, I'd just chime in here: (s)he hates on everything other than SS. Pathetic really.
6. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
He didn't mention Samsung at all tho...*coughs*
12. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The difference is every single phone HTC has made has major issues and they don't even move that many handsets. Samsung moves so many that there will be complaints strictly based on volume.
It never ceases to amaze me how clueless you HTC fans are.
Basically it means HTC wishes they had 500+ page discussions about their product and they still manage to have more major issues than Samsung with way less customers. Impressive. Lol
13. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
No. You say HTC fans are clueless but while you say its HTC at its finest for having a WP flagship getting bricked what do you call Samsung having 2 ANDROID flagships with the brick bug? The Galaxy S2 was due to EMMC issues on ICS and the Galaxy S3 was a sudden death issue. Maybe you should open your eyes, look at yourself in the mirror and realize after all that you aren't the lord of reason and truth and not everyone else is "clueless", "dilusional", HTC fanboy" or the best attempt at me you tried was "everybody is getting biased by the likes of Can You see the light."
3. iamfury (Posts: 62; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
people please, if you wanna go for WP than go for NOKIA and NOKIA alone !!!
I really think others (HTC+Samsung) aren't as much dedicated to WP as Nokia.
7. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
sometimes I doubt their commitment to sparkle motion too!
5. mi55u (unregistered)
That's window phone for ya
11. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Troll harder. Rarely are these situations genuine
14. Lenny86 (Posts: 120; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
This proplem came out with 8S as well....simply can not use my device and if I reset it, the new version will set up again....so I have nice looking phone which is smells like a piece of sh**.
15. supermario1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Ok, updated my HTC 8X and was shocked at the amount of issues which were not their previous to the update. The main one being that they have completely ruined the music player, the volume constantly adjusts its self when ever it feels like it. Also my controls on my headphones do no longer work and when it plays their is a distinct popping noise.