G Prime, F Prime, L Prime, and W Prime may be future LG smartphones
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2014, 22:02 posted on
LG wants to trademark several names that include the term Prime, and all could designate upcoming handsets (though they may also remain unused)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. MacWiNux (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
why they didn't name it as LG Optimus Prime??
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4123; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Lawsuits. Or the licensing fee they would have to pay to avoid lawsuits.
4. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1313; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They beat me to the punch. I was going to file for M Prime, I Prime, L Prime, and F Prime.
5. Cyberchum (Posts: 317; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The "mini? craze has gone, time to saturate the market with "prime" tag.
7. MacWiNux (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
remember there was, One, X, S, and Mini and now its prime
11. Feanor (Posts: 343; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
This is why one must hate Asian brands (apart from Sony). They are all such copycats! There is a fashion and they follow immediately. Samsung announces a mini phone, everyone has to jump immediately on the train (but Sony is the only one to do it properly and eschew the pejorative Mini name); iPhone comes in gold, suddenly HTC, Samsung and LG, together with a troop of Chinese manufacturers, have to have golden phones. Now the Galaxy S5 Prime is just a rumour and already LG is trying to trademark similar name.
If one wants some class and originality, there is only Apple, Sony and Nokia.
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The scheme would work better if they used actual prime numbers for each new release:
LG G3, G5, G7, G11, G13, G17, G19, G23..., G103, etc.
LG F3, F5, F7, F11, F13, F17, F19, F23..., F103, etc.
9. maherk (Posts: 1361; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Exactly. Same goes to HTC, should've went with HTC One, Two, Three, etcetera etcetera. The m8 is just confusing for those who aren't too much of a tech person.
14. asialove (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jan 2010)
There is indeed a G4, G5 G8, G9 in trademark database..LG Filed that in 2011..
8. Steven58 (Posts: 76; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
These rumors are getting me sick. I held off buying the s5 because it's root difficulty. I held off on the m8 in favor of the g3 whose specs for vzw are uncertain. Rumors. Rumors. Rumors. Whatever.
10. imej88 (unregistered)
So Prime is considered the new flagship for most Android Smartphones?
12. Bondurant (Posts: 180; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
What about Optimus Prime and Bumblebee ?
13. asialove (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jan 2010)
There is also "WINoz" in uspto database
By the way, F460L could be the "G Prime" which looks exacltly same as G3. F460 Seires features 805 soc.
Futures LG Phones confrmed: F410 F430, F460, F470, F480 and F490
16. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Those are all probably bound for the South Korean market via South Korean carriers. BTW, THE NEW SWIFTKEY ROCKS!
19. sip1995 (Posts: 1021; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I'll be happy if see a Windows phone device from LG with the same spects of the G3.