Future Shop and Best Buy Canada customers open up their Apple iPad 2 box to find a slab of clay
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jan 2012, 00:31
Ten times at Future Shop and Best Buy stores in Canada, an Apple iPad buyer opened what looked like a sealed box containing the tablet, only to find that inside was a slab of clay; a full scale fraud investigation is under way...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SamoaJoe posted on 18 Jan 2012, 00:52 4 0
I'm gonna be completely honest, I think that's kind of funny. I would just shrug it off and expect a new iPad 2...I dunno about anyone else.
7. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 18 Jan 2012, 07:36 2 1
lmao. yea I would too. But this scam was happening in the US like 6 months ago. The boxes were swapped by a 3rd party not the best buy. But it could also be an inside job.
2. Sniggly posted on 18 Jan 2012, 01:32 0 0
I don't exactly blame the manager for being skeptical of his story; I mean, even at our store we get people who try to fraudulently game the system. I mean, if she was completely rude about it then she overstepped her bounds, but this is the first time I've ever heard of this kind of scam being pulled.
3. SamoaJoe posted on 18 Jan 2012, 01:37 2 0
My store would have just returned it without thinking...they returned a broken 70" Sharp Aquos without even turning the TV on. Turned out to be completely broken. (I work at Best Buy, specifically Mobile)
4. Doakie posted on 18 Jan 2012, 01:59 6 4
This will teach them. They should have bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1. :-D
5. ivanko34 posted on 18 Jan 2012, 02:41 3 1
Apple customers can make the difference ?
Is there a statistic showing how many apple customers believe what they have in hand is not a slab of clay ?
6. thelegend6657 posted on 18 Jan 2012, 04:14 0 0
This type of people are evil . This is stealing . Buying an iPad while returning it with a box of clay , how do your mother teach you ?
11. SlimSoulja86 posted on 18 Jan 2012, 13:43 1 0
lol messiah! Hehehehe
And sue every company that make one of those kids' glay stuff
12. remixfa posted on 18 Jan 2012, 13:58 0 0
ok.. wait.. lets break this down.
dude buys an ipad
dude removes ipad, inserts clay slab..
dude returns ipad and gets full refund
company PUTS IPAD BACK ON SHELF to resell it.
ok. am i the only one that noticed.
1) why didnt the store clerk check the box before the return?
2) why didnt they open the box to perform a factory wipe on the device? who knows what would have been on it had it been a real ipad
3) WHY ARE THEY RESELLING USED EQUIPMENT AS NEW EQUIPMENT!?!?
13. iHateCrapple posted on 18 Jan 2012, 14:18 0 0
They said the box was resealed. If someone brought in a sealed box and wanted to return it, would you think twice about it? Of course you would after reading this article, but on any regular day I probably wouldn't give it a second guess. And it's not hard to find a vaccuum sealer that could handle the job. I've even seen "mom and pop" video shops reseal videos with plastic and what looked like an industrial hair dryer.