Fully assembled iPhone 5 front leaks in high-res photos and video, A6 chip shown too
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:17
Now we have good quality photos of the assembled front, complete with the home key underneath the larger display. We say larger, since the pics size the front assembly up with the iPhone 4S, and the difference is pretty obvious...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 2 days ago posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:20 4 6
An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away ~
78. neutralguy posted on 30 Aug 2012, 23:04 0 0
It makes me cry that having an a6 processor(quad core, as rumored and expected) is not necessary on a device that has a really light OS.
I mean, come on. what's the use of having a quad core processor when the iOS slightly change from its original version and can't even support a live wallpaper.
66. sprockkets posted on 30 Aug 2012, 14:14 0 0
An apple lawsuit a day keeps the android at bay.
45. PhoneLuver posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:46 2 1
Somehow this design looks VERY dated! It looks like something the iPhone 4S should have been.
50. Lucas777 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:57 1 1
this is the front panel.. how many front panels of phones look strikingly different?
65. AstronautJones posted on 30 Aug 2012, 12:49 2 1
Well, apparently Apple thinks they should. Why they sued Samsung. Even though NO ONE EVER bought a Samsung because they thought it looked like an iPhone! NO ONE!
5. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 2 days ago posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:24 6 8
But it's an iPhone! apple said....
30. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:04 2 4
Ok please get a clue! lol
I take it you are trying to be cute because you can't possibly be for real. LMAO
16. wassup posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:43 8 5
Nothing, I even own one, but I'm saying that the S3 looks better than this monstrosity
28. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:02 5 7
Yes it does look ugly. It's like taking a fat person & stretching them out. The new iPhone 5 makes the iPhone 4 & 4S look chunky/fat. The iPhone 5 looks like a long brownie piece. lol
That "ICONIC" look is getting very, very tired.
39. Jobes posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:23 3 1
Lol of all things to associate it with.. it had to be a "long brownie piece" when I think of a long brownie piece.. I do think of something I tend to associate iPhones with, just sayin :)
57. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:28 0 1
You want to know why I said that? Yesterday at my Mother’s house I purposely cut a long brownie piece so my 2 boys & I could share it.
Talk about coincidence! It literally looks like the piece I cut last night! lol
51. Lucas777 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:59 3 2
so now that it is actually getting a bigger screen, the complaint is that it won't "look good"? seriously?
u do realize it looks that way because of the giant screen you all were demanding right?
53. wassup posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:18 2 2
But Lucas, bigger screen has been done beautifully before, the One X , the S3, the Razr, the LG L7, Optimus G.
This just looks ugly, apple doesn't want to spend on design IMO
56. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:24 0 2
Really thank you for the lesson. Lucas777 How did you know that?
72. Jobes posted on 30 Aug 2012, 16:39 1 0
I just think that if they tried any other size of screen they would get sued.. so they made an enlongated brownie style and just said its so the "user" can use it with one hand still.. I have a rezound I still use mine one handed no prob.. even messed with the s3.. my mitts fit it perfect. no point in getting a tv remove for a phone.
3. PapaSmurf posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:24 4 7
I personally don't like the way it looks... The 4/4S looks better imo.
54. Pings posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:20 0 0
Yea me too. I think it looks like a remote, long & skinny. It needs to be a bit wider.
6. TheLibertine posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:24 2 15
Smart iOS Fans gonna buy, smart Android fans gonna ignore, iDiots will pray at it, Fandroids gonna hate it.
8. PapaSmurf posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:27 8 4
Its comments like this that will get you hated on this site. Stop worshipping Apple if you're not getting a single cent from them you troll.
10. TheLibertine posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:30 4 7
I know there are much more Android fans than iOS fans. Does not stop me from telling everyone my opinion. To be honest, my goal is to show how stupid aggression is and I'm happy that even some Android fans understand me.
23. PapaSmurf posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:52 3 2
Tell that to Apple, taco and that annoying troll mkz or whatever his name is.
26. TheLibertine posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:56 2 1
Why should I? I don't have any business with them, as I like Android.
63. gallitoking posted on 30 Aug 2012, 12:36 1 3
I understand libertine
81. jroc74 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 21:42 0 0
U know what.....I agree with this .
Clever way you did this....kudos... :)
42. drnggaj33 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:36 0 1
you know all the iphones have a sam a6 processor in it ...if they take the guts out of it ..its done my sam nexus has 4.1 sw and mulit task is amazing ...just like the nexus 7 tablet puts the ipads to trash IJS bite the damn apple
9. andro. posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:28 10 3
Its almost an iPhone 4ss in all honesty. Initial sales will be large because of the crazed fans but will the general ifan base who seem to be waking up a bit buy pretty much the same phone for a third year in a row?
15. PapaSmurf posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:38 3 0
Its the most amazing iPhone yet on the worlds most advanced mobile operating system.
18. wassup posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:45 1 1
Lol ... the most amazing iPhone yet.... still not amazing enough
21. PapaSmurf posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:51 2 0
61. frydaexiii posted on 30 Aug 2012, 12:19 3 0
I like how iPhone 4ss looks like iPhone Ass lol
13. loken posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:36 1 1
Nikon CameraPhone and S3 is better than this... and im comming from beautiful sony devices
17. Stoli89 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:45 0 0
In some ways, Apple is damned if it changed and damend if it didn't wrt screen dimensions. The iPhone 5 now has more phone friendly 16:9 dimensions...seen on many other devices...which makes it much less distinctive. However, it really couldn't go much farther than 3.5 inches under the previous 4:3 dimension without the device becoming too cumbersome for one handed use. I wonder how this will be managed wrt fragmentation within the ecosystem, going forward.
19. Android1 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:48 0 1
Oooo I am in love with this new fantastic design ... Duh ??? apple suckx coz the company is afraid of making new design..I.fans are going to b fools once again :p they will pay high price to get the same phone lolxx
22. jove39 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:51 0 0
Curious to know what Apple have in A6...2xA15 + G6200 cores?
31. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:05 0 1
Its good to see a proper hi-res shot of the screen, the glass looks different somehow, like tapered down at the edges. Can't wait to see the proper announcement and get to see the full and final thing, with whatever surprises Apple might have left (so many leaks on this! what happened to the tight security they had?)
33. bigstrudel posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:10 0 0
Well pretty much every recent leak has been right on the money as of late. And its not like they are building iPhone 5 in a secure facility. Its built by low wage labor in China. They have no incentive to keep it under wraps.
38. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:19 0 1
They have done pretty well in the past though. With the iP5 it seems to have been leak after leak after leak :S
37. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:18 1 1
A penis coming out of an Apple. It gives me nightmares.
52. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:12 0 0
You can't sleep because such minds are coming to you. :D
44. Berzerk000 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:43 0 0
Apple did they they were going to double down on security this year, didn't they? I think they are just trying to keep up the popularity, and somehow purposely leaking information
32. Tre-Nitty posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:09 4 2
Amazing, an iphone related thread with nothing but Android haters in it. The iphone 5 will obilterate any phone in sales and that's a fact!
34. bigstrudel posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:14 0 0
iFans will make it a huge success just like the 4s did when apple sold the same phone to them twice.
40. xtian1103 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:27 1 3
ditto with samsung keep on selling the same plastic phone since 2009.
43. wassup posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:38 1 0
Same, lolol .... so many differences in design, processors, cameras, and extra features .... Same ... LOL