Fully assembled iPhone 5 front leaks in high-res photos and video, A6 chip shown too
0. phoneArena 30 Aug 2012, 09:17 posted on
Now we have good quality photos of the assembled front, complete with the home key underneath the larger display. We say larger, since the pics size the front assembly up with the iPhone 4S, and the difference is pretty obvious...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away ~
78. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It makes me cry that having an a6 processor(quad core, as rumored and expected) is not necessary on a device that has a really light OS.
I mean, come on. what's the use of having a quad core processor when the iOS slightly change from its original version and can't even support a live wallpaper.
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
An Apple a day makes the lawyers go yay
66. sprockkets (Posts: 1608; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
An apple lawsuit a day keeps the android at bay.
45. PhoneLuver (Posts: 480; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Somehow this design looks VERY dated! It looks like something the iPhone 4S should have been.
50. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
this is the front panel.. how many front panels of phones look strikingly different?
65. AstronautJones (Posts: 296; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Well, apparently Apple thinks they should. Why they sued Samsung. Even though NO ONE EVER bought a Samsung because they thought it looked like an iPhone! NO ONE!
5. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
But it's an iPhone! apple said....
30. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4766; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ok please get a clue! lol
I take it you are trying to be cute because you can't possibly be for real. LMAO
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
What are you trying to say about the SIII?
16. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Nothing, I even own one, but I'm saying that the S3 looks better than this monstrosity
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4766; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes it does look ugly. It's like taking a fat person & stretching them out. The new iPhone 5 makes the iPhone 4 & 4S look chunky/fat. The iPhone 5 looks like a long brownie piece. lol
That "ICONIC" look is getting very, very tired.
39. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Lol of all things to associate it with.. it had to be a "long brownie piece" when I think of a long brownie piece.. I do think of something I tend to associate iPhones with, just sayin :)
57. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4766; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You want to know why I said that? Yesterday at my Mother’s house I purposely cut a long brownie piece so my 2 boys & I could share it.
Talk about coincidence! It literally looks like the piece I cut last night! lol
51. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
so now that it is actually getting a bigger screen, the complaint is that it won't "look good"? seriously?
u do realize it looks that way because of the giant screen you all were demanding right?
53. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
But Lucas, bigger screen has been done beautifully before, the One X , the S3, the Razr, the LG L7, Optimus G.
This just looks ugly, apple doesn't want to spend on design IMO
56. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4766; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Really thank you for the lesson. Lucas777 How did you know that?
72. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I just think that if they tried any other size of screen they would get sued.. so they made an enlongated brownie style and just said its so the "user" can use it with one hand still.. I have a rezound I still use mine one handed no prob.. even messed with the s3.. my mitts fit it perfect. no point in getting a tv remove for a phone.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I personally don't like the way it looks... The 4/4S looks better imo.
54. Pings (Posts: 303; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Yea me too. I think it looks like a remote, long & skinny. It needs to be a bit wider.
6. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Smart iOS Fans gonna buy, smart Android fans gonna ignore, iDiots will pray at it, Fandroids gonna hate it.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Its comments like this that will get you hated on this site. Stop worshipping Apple if you're not getting a single cent from them you troll.
10. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I know there are much more Android fans than iOS fans. Does not stop me from telling everyone my opinion. To be honest, my goal is to show how stupid aggression is and I'm happy that even some Android fans understand me.
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Tell that to Apple, taco and that annoying troll mkz or whatever his name is.
26. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Why should I? I don't have any business with them, as I like Android.
81. jroc74 (Posts: 5726; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
U know what.....I agree with this .
Clever way you did this....kudos... :)
42. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
you know all the iphones have a sam a6 processor in it ...if they take the guts out of it ..its done my sam nexus has 4.1 sw and mulit task is amazing ...just like the nexus 7 tablet puts the ipads to trash IJS bite the damn apple
9. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its almost an iPhone 4ss in all honesty. Initial sales will be large because of the crazed fans but will the general ifan base who seem to be waking up a bit buy pretty much the same phone for a third year in a row?
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Its the most amazing iPhone yet on the worlds most advanced mobile operating system.
18. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Lol ... the most amazing iPhone yet.... still not amazing enough
61. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I like how iPhone 4ss looks like iPhone Ass lol
13. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Nikon CameraPhone and S3 is better than this... and im comming from beautiful sony devices
17. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
In some ways, Apple is damned if it changed and damend if it didn't wrt screen dimensions. The iPhone 5 now has more phone friendly 16:9 dimensions...seen on many other devices...which makes it much less distinctive. However, it really couldn't go much farther than 3.5 inches under the previous 4:3 dimension without the device becoming too cumbersome for one handed use. I wonder how this will be managed wrt fragmentation within the ecosystem, going forward.
19. Android1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Oooo I am in love with this new fantastic design ... Duh ??? apple suckx coz the company is afraid of making new design..I.fans are going to b fools once again :p they will pay high price to get the same phone lolxx
22. jove39 (Posts: 1582; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Curious to know what Apple have in A6...2xA15 + G6200 cores?
31. JessJess (unregistered)
Its good to see a proper hi-res shot of the screen, the glass looks different somehow, like tapered down at the edges. Can't wait to see the proper announcement and get to see the full and final thing, with whatever surprises Apple might have left (so many leaks on this! what happened to the tight security they had?)
33. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Well pretty much every recent leak has been right on the money as of late. And its not like they are building iPhone 5 in a secure facility. Its built by low wage labor in China. They have no incentive to keep it under wraps.
38. JessJess (unregistered)
They have done pretty well in the past though. With the iP5 it seems to have been leak after leak after leak :S
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I know, JessJess likes my avatar. :P
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Apple did they they were going to double down on security this year, didn't they? I think they are just trying to keep up the popularity, and somehow purposely leaking information
32. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Amazing, an iphone related thread with nothing but Android haters in it. The iphone 5 will obilterate any phone in sales and that's a fact!
34. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
iFans will make it a huge success just like the 4s did when apple sold the same phone to them twice.
40. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
ditto with samsung keep on selling the same plastic phone since 2009.
43. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Same, lolol .... so many differences in design, processors, cameras, and extra features .... Same ... LOL
82. jroc74 (Posts: 5726; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I didnt realize the Note and Note 2 sized phones were available in 2009....
Didnt know the Epic 4G...with the keyboard...was available in 2009..
Didnt know the Side Kick was available in 2009...
Shall I continue? I'm not even a fan of Samsung phones...and I knew this....
47. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
You may be correct that is sad - are American consumers that stupid to get suckered into buying a iphone that looks like it did in 2010.
At least Samsung, in America, has changed it up from the Captivate to the Infuse to the Skyrocket to the SGS3.
The one thing I wish Samsung would do better on is the pixel density, but maybe that is where they can save money on by offering a decent display.