Fully assembled chassis said to be of the new iPhone leaks, flaunts slender profile next to the 4S
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:05
The repair shop that leaked some of the most convincing components before, now leaked a fully assembled body, sans the camera module inserted. The chassis has also been sized up with the iPhone 4S, showing how much thinner it is than Apple's current phone crop, made possible by the use of in-cell touch display, made by Japan Display Co. (joint venture of Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony), as well as LG and possibly Sharp, which had yield issues until recently...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aayupanday posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:14 6 0
Thickness is reduce due to the presence of the new in-cell touch panel nothing else.
2. redmd posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:16 7 3
Nice. But the software is outdated. Same as before. is the aspect ratio 16:9?
18. pistolashtc posted on 06 Sep 2012, 05:52 2 0
Yes. Some rumors say that it is 16:9... or "almost"
23. true1984 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:02 0 0
ist almost for 16:9 it would need to be wider, all they did was stretch it
20. robot9001 (banned) posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:43 5 12
if you could afford it you would buy it. so just hate it. enjoy the laggy/freezing android cr@p.
21. structureman116 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:51 5 1
I have never had an issue with my VZW GNex freezing...all the while my wife has taken her criphone back to the Apple store twice since last December for issues...Apple makes an outdated, inferior product when compared to Android flagships...
22. robot9001 (banned) posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:59 5 11
please stop. people are laughing at you
24. structureman116 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:08 7 2
Anyone with a basic understanding of technology and innovation is laughing at you! The facts are the facts. Apple is inferior, plain and simple.
27. sats.mine2k4 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:17 8 3
No we are laughing at you irobot POS fanboy...
6. Mittal posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:22 10 4
I feel sorry for Apple now that i beleive in these leaks
7. tech_lover posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:26 6 4
if its the real deal it should be called iphone4ss not iphone5!!!
17. jove39 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 05:50 4 4
iPhone4s = iPhone (4)for (s)silly
iPhone4ss = iPhone (4)for (s)super (s)silly
26. structureman116 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:15 0 1
I kinda like iphone 4S2, or the new iphone 4S...
34. Fallout09 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:51 2 1
I am partial to the iPhone 4SXL.
8. Savage posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:26 1 1
Ok, we get it. Apple iPhone 5 is a longer iPhone 4S. C'mon! Nokia and Motorola have unleashed their beasts, give them space.
9. AppleConspiracy posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:32 3 2
There is good reason why design shouldn't be changed much, just facelifted.
But most people don't understand Apple's relatioship with consumers.
13. Mittal posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:48 3 1
That is all right, but the problem here seems that its looking disproportionate. Its... ODD ?
15. AppleConspiracy posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:58 2 7
I agree. It's odd, because it seems Apple was under great pressure with screen size.
They chose 16:9 ratio instead of 3:2 because adding 176 pixels on one dimension is optimal for keeping the same width and pixel denisty as well, and it corresponds to exactly one more row of icons. So, this is the most elegant solution they could implement. Every other solution is far too compromising for their strict systems. It would be most elegant that they did not change screen size at all, but its' obviously a pressure from market.
Now, this minor shange in size and format will appear truly revolutional for Apple - it will be the first time since iPhone has released, and this will be enough for it to become the fastest selling product of all time.
25. true1984 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:08 1 1
i dont know about that, it might get a few people to upgrade and all and some new adopters but fastest selling of all time might be stretching it(no pun intended)
29. Mittal posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:33 1 1
"Now, this minor shange in size and format will appear truly revolutional for Apple - it will be the first time since iPhone has released, and this will be enough for it to become the fastest selling product of all time."
If a minor change in size and format appears revolutionary for Apple, and if this will be enough for it to become the fastest selling product of all time, then i m glad that i am amongst the more evolved humans who would know better!
35. AppleConspiracy posted on 06 Sep 2012, 13:30 2 0
I didn't mean that Apple sees it revolutionary (although they might show this attitude at the presentation) nor that it would actually be revolutionary. I meant that it would be revolutionary in Apple iPhone's appearance since it will be the first time since iPhone's introduction.
Maybe it's not meant to mean that, but it's not coincidence that iPhone's deign is labelled "iconic". Icons were images of middle ages that have always looked the same, and they were sacred. They haven't been seen as images, but as a divine presence in sacral speace. Changing the appearance of an icon was blasphemy, so it's kinda indicative for the symbolic position of iPhone in our society today.
37. Mittal posted on 07 Sep 2012, 00:41 0 1
Im sure its not a coincidence!!
12. Reverence posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:41 0 7
s**t all new design...............awesome...........even a dog will spit on this
14. sportsinger75 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:48 8 2
Looks gorgeous. Can't wait for it's release!
16. jove39 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 05:49 5 5
iFan - Wow...new iPhone has 4.0" screen...yeahhhh.
Fandroid - Crazy punk...excited about 2010 tech!
19. juanyunis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:10 0 1
i dont want to talk crap, but man that new iphone looks like an ipod touch :S. I've the 4S, i'm going to sell it before the price drops about $100-$150 in my country.
30. Peter27 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:42 0 2
I dont know from your comment if to thumb you up or down.
If you selling 4S then it is thumbs up. But if you selling it because you going to get iPhone 5 then it will be thumbs down.
Can you make it clear why you selling your 4S please ?
33. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:48 1 1
How old are you?
36. Peter27 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 15:49 0 0
I don't think the age makes any difference. No one is perfect. Some of my posts might be good some not. I enjoy writing comments in here that is why I am doing it. I react immediately without thinking too much. Many times just for fun, which was the case of the previous comment. It was just different kind of humor. I agree that it might not be very good one but I dont think it was very bad either.
28. Fallout09 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:22 2 2
Making the new iPhone a hair thinner is not all that exciting. Big deal.
31. Peter27 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:43 1 2
it might be hair thinner, but dont worry in commercials they will claim 20% and will use a graphical video that will look like it is slimmer at least 50%.
32. Fallout09 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:14 1 2
Revolutinary!!!!!!! Magical!!!!!!!! Game Changer!!!!!!!! LAME!!!!!!!!
38. TMach posted on 07 Sep 2012, 17:08 0 0
I have the 4S, SGS3 and One X! I don't use my 4S much as it houses my pay as you go sim card. I see nothing to make me swap my 4S for this elongated version of the same phone. Yawn.........Innovate Apple or are you wasting too much time litigating instead?