Fully assembled Apple iPhone 5 pictured side to side with older siblings
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2012, 08:03 posted on
The Apple iPhone 5 is expected to be the biggest redefinition of the iPhone since it launched way back into 2007, changing our perception of what’s a smartphone…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Add some plastic around the edge of the bezel and you have a Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think they should keep the old size and increase the screen to 4". There's plenty of space for them to do so. And of course the design should be completely new.
84. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
There is plenty of room, but Apple has to have those big bezels.
127. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 601; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Fake pic, it won't look like that.
75. MeoCao (unregistered)
Haha, iPhone and beautiful? LOL
97. doubleD (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
I still think the iPhone 3 is the best looking of all the iPhones.
103. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
iPhone 4 and iPhone 3 best looking out of all iPhones iPhone 5 gotta be the worst looking phone :( why they elongated it so much.. looks bad!
115. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
yup! this alleged render is a big thumbs down...
hope its not the real stuff
64. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Haha it does kinda look like the nokia!! Looks like the iphone 4ss is gonna be the worst looking iphone
82. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I like that. Let me make a quick & slight change to that andro. if you don't mind.
How about iPhone 4ass? lol
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nothing like a minor bump in size. Got to keep the phone usable for thse with small hands.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Edit - those instead of thse. PA - you really need to make posts editable after someone else posts.
29. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Actually we can edit before someone posts after you.
Surprise that you didn't had a chance like that...
70. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I saw the mis-spelling after clicking the Post Comment button, and clicked Edit. In all, maybe 2 or 3 seconds passed until I clicked the Edit button, but it was too late. It seems that anyone posting anywhere on PA triggers the lock, 'cause nothing had happened to this thread.
126. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Agreed. this has happened to me too many times. You have my vote for a tweek to the system.
31. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Maybe read your own comment before you hit post...just a thought.
44. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
PA needs to make comments deletable too. Sometimes I click "comment" instead of "reply" and later find out I was ranting at myself.
52. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't think it is good idea because various trolls will be changing their statements and will be claiming that they never had said this or that...
71. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Give the ability to edit a post for say, 2 minutes after posting. Then, the post is locked down for posterity.
86. tedkord (Posts: 11925; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
As opposed to what they do now, which is claim someone must have spoofed their account.
94. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The claims of account spoofing will continue un-abated. It is a well-practiced action. Remember the saying - practice makes perfect? Well, they have practiced to perfection.
10. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Its so NARROW... its part of the reason I hate the 16:9 aspect ratio (vs 4:3 or 16:10), sure this phone isnt 16:9... ITS WORSE
28. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
New iDevice design paradigm (top secret, straight from the kitchen table no less...) - thin and minimalist. Time for a retro 1st gen Nano look (tall and narrow). You heard it first on PA.
99. doubleD (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
The nano comparrison is spot on. I thought the tall thin nano's were ugly, as well as this rendition of the iphone if these pics hold true. The only nano i thought looked good was the squarish one, 4th gen maybe?
4. dcgore (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Really nothing new here. I think the Note 2 will be my next device.