Froyo update for the Samsung Vibrant is expected to roll out starting tomorrow
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Jan 2011, 13:54
Well, well, it looks like all those prayers have been answered as the Samsung Vibrant is finally about to get its well deserved dose of Froyo goodness. For a period of time there, owners were showing signs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mel74 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 14:06 0 0
Well Well Well what a coincidence. It funny how one day after the story broke about how sammy was holding up the update because of money and greed you decide to release Froyo. The update is just up and ready to go like that? ha sammy? and we have been waiting for 6 months. I tell you what, sammy you can take that update and shove it up your Ass. Motorola here i come
3. socal50 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 14:19 0 0
What about the Fascinate, Epic, and Captivate?
5. ribbonsalmark posted on 20 Jan 2011, 14:44 0 0
Good News for all you Galaxy S TMobile Customers. For those of us AT&T customers no such luck. Captivate and Sony Ericsson X10A will never be updated. So socal50 you are gonna have to live with your 2.1 and all us X10A clients with 1.6 cause AT&T doesnt care about the customer.
6. kanon posted on 20 Jan 2011, 14:51 1 1
Wow a lot of responses from other sties and blogs is ridiculous. I swear people do not understand programing what so ever just because it works on the Sammy Tab does not mean It will work on a device my lord. Linux is very specific and each kernel will be different.
7. jackson (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 14:57 0 0
hahahaha.. samsung and sony ericson just a money oriented manufactur, unlike htc, motorola or the great apple! both of them never think about CUSTOMER SATISFACTION! so, if you do not want to upset by their constrained again why you still buy their product ?
you know that they are only good at the beginning but very bad service at the end?
15. ribbonsalmark posted on 21 Jan 2011, 08:51 0 0
Sony Ericsson has the update ready to go. AT&T is blocking. So not SE's fault. The situation with Samsung was different as it could not be determined who was blocking the update. But now that the update is out. AT&T will still not get it.
8. tq3866 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 15:28 0 0
Damn manufactures and their damn promises
10. Cedo (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 18:46 0 0
11. Socalvenom posted on 20 Jan 2011, 19:28 0 0
there was a report of some dude who sued samsung and t mobile because of the update laws they neglected maybe that might have something to do with it?
16. chris doane (unregistered) posted on 26 Mar 2011, 14:04 0 0
thats all bs, i have a vibrant and until today still no froyo. (03/24/2011)