Froyo finally coming to Samsung's Epic 4G and Fascinate
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Feb 2011, 00:48
It is most certainly way overdue, but the word is that users of the Samsung Epic 4G and the Samsung Fascinate, both Galaxy S phones, will finally be getting the highly desired update to Android 2.2 after countless delays…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. BobbyTaba posted on 09 Feb 2011, 01:26 1 1
haha captivates screwed or going straight to 2.3
17. Lucas777 posted on 09 Feb 2011, 22:36 0 0
stupid samsung. never buying another samsung again, becuase the captivate was horrible... aand they rate it the second best android phone! tells u a lot about android and samsung... except the screen i likd that. and all they leave us with is rooting..
2. il deusche (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 02:23 1 1
Yeah samsung and att have forgotten about the captivate which was the second galaxy s phone to hit the US. We should all boycott samsung till we get updates
18. indirect (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 13:05 0 0
Well try that and tell us how it goes.
3. Diana (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 05:36 1 1
They're coming in OTA updates; do the users get to upgrade earlier via MiniKies the way the Vibrant users did? (And it really was plug & play..)
7. Alex (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 08:27 1 1
the only problem with this is Captivate became very slow.
5. Yo (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 07:20 1 1
What about AT&T Captivate owners :(. I wouldn't even be able to use kies because I have a 64-bit windows 7 laptop.
6. Alex (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 08:25 1 1
WTF.... AT&T Captivate isn't getting one again? I trully disapointed...
8. anonymous posted on 09 Feb 2011, 08:52 0 0
don't worry guys...it's coming...
pport/tutorials.do?tutorialsCa&deviceId=12000 tegory=Getting+Started&tutoria lId=825930
9. damienh28 posted on 09 Feb 2011, 08:56 0 0
YEa i havwe to say this took forever i have the epic it is awesome but if were just now gettin froyo i have a feeling well never get 2.3 and up
10. ribbonsalmark posted on 09 Feb 2011, 09:03 2 2
Havent all you AT&T customers been listen to my rants about the X10 and AT&T not releasing the update to 2.1 even thought the update is global already. AT&T does not update is Android smart phones ever. 0% on all devices. So those of you even considering getting the Atrix think long and hard, are you satisfied with the device as it comes out the box? No? Then dont get it from AT&T. If you want a Android Smart phone with AT&T get it unlocked from the manufacturer and talk to your AT&T phone into give you money back for upgrading or just buying a new line.
16. shimmyx20 posted on 09 Feb 2011, 16:17 0 0
Backflip got update from 1.6 to 2.1
So it's not 0%, but it's still pretty damn low
11. dont do it again! (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 11:28 1 3
if you have any friends, family, etc. that are looking to buy a smart phone now or in the future, please beg them to not buy anything Samsung. they have treated this process like crap and instead of supoorting their millions of sold Galaxy S's they just want to shove new phones down our throats instead of updating their software like everyone else. DOWN WITH SAMCHUNG!!!!
12. ed (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 12:14 1 1
like samsung hardware but dislike their update strategy? get a nexus s. Problem solved
13. belovedson posted on 09 Feb 2011, 12:31 1 1
is this even an official link directly from samsung? if not, please dont post more bull. there's enough of whiny babies that litter this site
14. masewindu (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 13:09 0 2
final countdown . . . .la la la. . . . LA! i dont even care anymore . . . . epic fail . . . . give me something no one else has android . . . samsung epic definetly not living to its name. . .
15. Jameszboy posted on 09 Feb 2011, 14:15 0 0
Boycott samsung till we all get our updates! Im sick of samsung wanting for the last second. I