From the MySpace phone to the Facebook phone
0. phoneArena 03 Apr 2013, 11:58 posted on
Seven years ago, the tech landscape was incredibly different from what you see today. MySpace was the biggest thing on the web with 55 million users, and Facebook was just two years old, and hadn't even opened up membership to the general public yet. At this time in 2006, you still needed a university e-mail address or an invite to sign up for Facebook. Now, MySpace has been relaunched as a music social network, and Facebook has over 1 billion users. All of that, and we haven't even mentioned the sea change seen in the mobile world...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
From the MySpace phone to the Facebook phone...........
.......From the Facebook phone to the Twitter phone..........
2. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Phone Arena , Why u r so much against Facebook??
First let us see what is has to offer then we'll kill them :D
13. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Do you really think a Facebook phone will be successful?
14. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Who cares! You don't like it don't get it...
17. HASHTAG (unregistered)
That "who cares, you don't like it don't get it" crap is really annoying.
20. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
We never planned on getting it from the day it was announced.
18. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I think everybody misunderstood me
I am talking abt killing facebook :P
3. JEverettnow (Posts: 224; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Facebook phone is a bad idea. It's mobile features from photo sync to contacts sync are quite annoying.
4. lyndon420 (Posts: 2888; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'm so proud of myself...finally deactivated my useless facebook account. Time to start living life again.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I wouldn't exactly call it useless...but that depends on your opinion.
I rather find it useful...i found my long lost friends after the high school days through Facebook.
But yes, i find the Facebook phone to be rather useless when i can see everything through normal web log in.
"...for the professional Facebook creepers..." is it a well paid job?
5. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
again with the down vote, isn't it strange xperiaDroid and naveenstuns?
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just ignore it, TROLLS are everywhere!
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Great article mike bro......seems like a higher position for the type of work you are doing ,is calling ;)
8. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Correction facebook doesn't have 1b+ users it has 400m and they all have face accounts.
21. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Please tell me your phone/tablet changed your spelling to show "face" because the "c" and "k" are nowhere near each other lol
9. MartianMe (unregistered)
Fucc facebook....only teenage girls n idiots like that crap ...and by the way those helios phones were the s**t back then , they were the first phones with 3g connectivity i believe, not the stupid iphone.
10. Jurdiales (Posts: 124; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
A Facebook phone its the most unnecesary thing in this time, its a phone with the Facebook brand, and thats all...
What Facebook needs to do is work on their crappy app, and make it even better because their bugs are annoying and doesn't work at times, thats what Facebook REALLY NEED TO TAKE CARE OF and get rid of this stupid ideas...
11. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Alot of os's out there already are baking in facebook therefore i see no reason for this phones
12. Jyakotu (Posts: 829; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Wow, this article makes me feel old. Unlike many others on this site, I've used MySpace when it was very popular and now, I use both Facebook and Twitter while they're popular. Man how time is flying.
15. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Man, I remember those Helio phones. I think I still have one lying around somewhere.
19. roscuthiii (Posts: 1928; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Please let history repeat itself here... Please let a Facebook phone signal the decline of that wretched blight on the face of humanity.