Fresh picture of the $150 Nokia Lumia 510 leaks: 4GB of internal memory, early 2013 launch
0. phoneArena 03 Oct 2012, 06:14 posted on
Now we have a fresh picture of the device, and some more specs confirmed. First we heard that the Lumia 510 is said to offer a 4-inch LCD touchscreen and a 5-megapixel camera with no LED flash. The MSM7227A chip inside ticks at 800MHz and is backed up by 256MB of RAM. To no surprise, Windows Phone 7.8 will run on the device, and the unit itself has a thickness of under 12 millimeters and weighs 129 grams...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. techspace (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
wp8 is yet to be optimized for running on phones with low specs.....
you might have observed that all the latest low spec android phones usually come with android 2.3 instead of android 4 or 4.1, its the same thing with wp8
10. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
actually a lot of low spec android devices being released nowadays are running Android 4.0. A recent example on Sprint is the Kyocera Rise. Its got a meager 1ghz processor and 3.5 inch screen, but its running ICS.
13. techspace (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
actually, android 4.0 should be compared with windows 7.5, because they were released at the same time
windows phone 8 should be compared with android 4.1, in fact, wp8 is newer than android 4.1, galaxy nexus and nexus 7 have been running jb from many days and the first wp8 device is yet to be released
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
you are right.. but acctually a lot new devices are now with ICS and even JB on it!!!
i think 7.8 will be the gingerbread of Microsoft... coz gingerbread is still widely use!
i just wish the inclusion of microSD slot!
14. techspace (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
the devices that run android jb have better specs,most of the entry level android devices run android 2.3 and some devices run android 4.0
even the first wp8 device is yet to be released in the market, so making budget wp8 devices will take at least 6 months from now
th3 lumia 510 will not have any microSD slot because wp7.8 doesn't support it,that's the reason why the device comes with 4gb memory, which is actually pretty low because the os and the native apps will take some space, but you can't ask for more if its priced at $150
2. Mittal (Posts: 405; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
excellent way of penetrating China! Nice going Nokia!
5. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1390; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Penetrating China...sounds like a porno. Haha.
15. Mittal (Posts: 405; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I thought the same when I read that!
3. eiyoy009 (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
And now we are very sure that microsoft still support windows 7.8..looking forward fore more apps
4. kindlefireowner (Posts: 232; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The good thing about android is you can get a phone cheap. The bad is the phones suck. Windows needs a cheap prepaid phone. Something to get people interested in windows phones.
6. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 335; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
At Rs.7,830/- it will be able to compete with Galaxy Y here in India...
8. techspace (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
actually, this device may be priced at 9000 in india and you may get it at 8500 in the retail stores and it will be priced at 8000 in the online stores
7. jibraihimi (Posts: 482; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I hope that they microSd card slot for expanding the memory in this phone, otherwise people will still prefer entry level androids, as they all come with expansion slot and more over software can be customized, though experience is very bad because those device laggg a lottttttt..........
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wish it has microSD slot! it will be a killer of cheap android!