French teen injured by shards from exploding iPhone's screen
via The Register
2. VZWfangirl posted on 13 Aug 2009, 20:56 0 0
Wow Apple what are you doing? Your gonna get a big ass law suit if you don't get it together.
5. VSS_55 posted on 13 Aug 2009, 23:04 0 0
Maybe... but not from the "cheese-eating surrender monkeys". (credit to anyone who knows were the quotes from.)
3. davidneary01 posted on 13 Aug 2009, 22:50 0 0
its all a game till someone loses an eye..seriously though, this is going from internet fodder to serious concerns for apple and iphone owners..
4. kjack628 posted on 13 Aug 2009, 22:54 0 0
If my iPod ever explode and I turned out injured they will be expecting a big law suit from me. Haha the iPhone isn't perfect after all as everyone is hyping it up to be. The omnia II will dominate, and if there is a o3 that will Be a beast(hopefully)
6. neutrality posted on 13 Aug 2009, 23:51 0 0
Seriously? By signing a confidentiality agreement, all they got was a refund? That's pathetic, I would have tooted that horn for as long as it would play. Could have gotten more than a refund.
13. Fanboys Suck posted on 14 Aug 2009, 14:03 0 0
Confidentiality... I bet a little more than a refund was given... but they can't say now, can they?
8. sonisoe posted on 14 Aug 2009, 07:36 0 0
discoloration from overheating, explosion, glass blast, what next ? so much for the so-called ground-breaking phone...
9. *HOVA* posted on 14 Aug 2009, 09:21 0 0
Did you all know the word "gullible" was written in this article??....
11. BlackberryUser posted on 14 Aug 2009, 12:47 0 0
I googled the situation and there was a TV News Station that did some research and found at least 15 incidents in the United States and also mentioned these two instances which are outside of the United States. This seems to effect the Iphone and the Ipod Touch.
12. jsnika posted on 14 Aug 2009, 13:40 0 0
next in apples accessory line up is fire retardant pouches and eye protection
14. ThatOneGuy posted on 14 Aug 2009, 15:10 0 0
??? Yeah, let's not mention that the iPhone was left in the Sun (Heat). Which causes that response.... Of course not. "My iPhone just ramdonly blew up on me." ??? :-( Apple could have paid them just to prevent negative media, (which they feed on) true or not, people will believe what they want to believe.
16. pthomas posted on 14 Aug 2009, 23:43 0 0
ummm, I've left my Storm in the sun and it's never exploded on me?
15. behold--me posted on 14 Aug 2009, 17:14 0 0
ok apple, just a little bit of advice. GET UR SHIT TOGETHER OR UR GONNA HAVE ONE HELL OF A YEAR PAYIN PPL FOR UR CRAPPY PHONE DISASTERS!
17. MTLance (unregistered) posted on 15 Aug 2009, 03:12 0 0
Oh wow, I actually owned an iPhone I wonder what should I actually afraid of. I mean do you actually wanna hang around with people with iPhones or just stay away from iPhone users. LMAO