Free texting? There's an app for that
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2009, 08:53 posted on
TextPlus is an app offered on the iPhone's App Store that allows for free, unlimited texting with the only catch being the ads that support the service...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vzw fanman (Posts: 1968; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i love how it's a picture of the env but the article is about the iphone.
12. volvo (Posts: 38; Member since: 26 May 2009)
no because it says "A company called Gogii is offering an app called textPlus that allows users to send unlimited, free texts from an iPhone or iPod Touch to any text capable phone on any carrier."
2. LGVX1993 (Posts: 260; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
What a coincidence. I downloaded this app last night. It really does work on my iPod Touch.
3. matistight (Posts: 191; Member since: 13 May 2009)
i had this app when textfree was popular, you can do group chats!!!!!try it!!!
4. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
The ability to text on the iPod Touch is cool, I have unlimited text on my phone so that wasn't as impressive.
5. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
Yeah now NO ONE has a reason to buy an iPhone....
6. YouLostTheGame (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
You hit the nail on the head my good man! I always thought that ATT service is so worthless that you might as well buy an ipod touch and run skype on it. Now you really can have your cake and eat it too!
7. Phoney (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Aug 2009)
But does Gogii pay the bill for incoming texts??
11. matistight (Posts: 191; Member since: 13 May 2009)
i think it goes over data and on a touch it just goes through wi fi, like the jamster crap you see on tv like that stuff....but this is free and worth download
13. JK Wylde (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
Awesome for the iPod Touch! But what would be the point of downloading this to an iPhone? Does AT&T have an iPhone plan that doesn't include texting?
14. MTLance (unregistered)
lol, prepare for spam blasting action with free stuff lol. Muahahahaha. Nothing is actually free in this world.