Free mobile HotSpot usage for T-Mobile's pre-paid service?
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2013, 23:05 posted on
Some customers of T-Mobile's pre-paid service are getting something that they didn't expect: free tethering; based on the T-Mobile My Account App, some of the carrier's customers with a pre-paid SIM card noticed a new line item for "Mobile HotSpot Usage". On a $30 5GB pre-paid plan, 100MB of free HotSpot usage appears. Those using the $70 pre-paid plan are finding 2.5GB worth of free tethering for the month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 84; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
if you rooted and installed a new rom you had this since day one (after rooting)
2. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
its my freakin phone and my freakin data and ima do what I want
3. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I tether on my nexus 4 running a custom ROM and T-Mobile has never said anything about it.
5. lexingtonsteeley (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Agreed, but it's not worth the risk of getting caught and your line terminated. For me at least.
6. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 84; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
not if you use the old Opera browser 12 :D :D. Just a suggestion
12. djcody (Posts: 45; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
You just get another Sim card and send msg to everyone in your contacts '' this is my new number ble ble'' is 30$ plan with unlimited text, but I have done that from day one when plan start end never have problem with tethering, even in gingerbread :-)
4. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its not there on my nexus 4 but it is on my secondary phone, the lg l9.
When I put the $70 plan sim into my l9 2.5GB did not appear.
7. gjkiii (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
I had it on the $60 plan. When I switched to $70 it would not work.I called tech support and they said the problem was on their end and in 3 days it started working.
8. AnthonyLG22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
I have the 70 unlimited prepaid plan and a few days ago it said 200 mb hotspot and I checked today after this post and it says 2.5 gb :) I'm in love with tmobile.
9. pmg1997 (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I'm on the $30 dollar plan and it does show up. Says I have used up 2.7 mbs out of 100. HHHmmmm?
10. chong67 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
The firmware 4.3 has broken the Wifi Tether and so it doesnt work anymore unless you are below 4.2.2 or below firmare. If you do use it, be sure to use VPN.
I see I get free 2.5gb for hotspot. I see it on my account.
I install the MyAccount app on my phone, but I dont see the break down of data vs hotspot like the screenshot posted here.
11. chong67 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Now I see the hotspot usage. Be sure you install the app from Tmo, not by others.
13. imsickofthis (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 May 2014)
yeah this doesn't work tmobile Denys on this feature /extra bonus service even thou I have it for 5 months then they took it away and I called an bitch at them and they say my plan doesn't offer it but yet I told them I had it for 5 months they don't care I even took a screen shot of the account app said I have it they don't care they still say I wasn't supposed to have it in the first place
So I dunno what to do
This stinks I want it back with out paying 15 extra bucks a month