Free case for HTC EVO 4G LTE buyers who put up with the delay from Customs
0. phoneArena 26 May 2012, 01:49 posted on
Although you really can't blame Sprint for what happened, those who pre-ordered the HTC EVO 4G LTE and had to wait while their phone was held up by Customs before entering the States, received with the phone a letter of apology and a free TPU case...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Well done HTC. A small gesture of appreciation means a lot.
Surprised why PA didn't mention Apple's nasty interference resulting in this delay.
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 9954; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's not Apple's fault just because HTC can't stop infringing on patents.
4. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
Apple are patent Trolls. They stole what does not belong to
5. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Funny what people think of this patent. Something Which was avaliable long before oneX and smartphone users were enjoying this. Apple used their power to exploit the broken patent system and using this when they felt threatened by a much superior device. They didn't do this with oneS which was available before. Anyway they got a fat slap on their sorry cheek only more to be followed later on. HTCs going to use this in their promo, "the device that Apple didn't want you to have".
6. Commentator (Posts: 3643; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
HTC was found completely innocent of patent infringement, which makes you either an uninformed moron or a lying moron.
8. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Well, it seems HTC did stop infringing on patents, because the phone passed Customs and it's on its way to stores. Apple saw the EVO LTE (and the One X) as a threat to them...they tried using their patents and the government to block the phone, but it didn't work. Nothing but a waste of time.
It must be tough for you to see the release of yet another phone that is superior to the iPhone. I can't imagine how much it hurts...
16. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I said it at the beginning of this mess, this was just a move by Apple to stop competition, notice how the one s wasn't stopped? It went to t mo, the one x is going to ATT and sprint, I'm guessing the guys at Apple know this isn't good for them.
7. Commentator (Posts: 3643; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
From all appearances, this is a gesture of appreciation by Sprint, not HTC. Any screw-up in delivery after Monday is entirely on Sprint, and there apparently have been a lot of screw-ups, considering the phone isn't even available in stores yet. I have no idea why Best Buy in-store preorders are available before Sprint in-store preorders.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
We want free beats earbuds!!!!
9. joebklyn (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 May 2011)
@ general levy , For your info Apple stole from palm ,as far as touch screen technology.
12. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. if this is true then why did palm suffer a horrible death. lol silly palmboy.
13. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Actually, they stole it from LG( first gen Prada)
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 9954; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So according to Android fans it's ok for Google to borrow and steal patented technology for their OS? I miss the time when Google used to be original.
11. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I hope the letter specifically mentions who is ultimately to blame for this mess.
14. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Oh don't worry, it won't. Sprint is in no position to throw Apple under any sort of bus.
15. joebklyn (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 May 2011)
The reason palm did not survive also Nokia . They were stuck on the Windows format,and did not change with the times. The one that really dropped the ball was Nokia,they were #1 a while back.But if you look back Palm did have the touch screen first,but like I said,they did not keep up with the technology.