Frankenphone: What do you make of those Moto X customization options?
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2013, 15:50 posted on
With Moto X you are the crazy scientist, as you can experiment endlessly with the way your phone looks and feels at Motomaker. Now for AT&T, soon for other carriers, says Moto. Too much? Not enough? Checkmark your opinion, and sound off in the comments...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
this is innovation how can you not care?
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm not really sure if this is innovation.
More like a refreshed approach to the cell phone world.
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
refreshed approach = innovation
in most peoples eyes...
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If that was sarcasm...i'd better laugh it off.
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6118; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yes and it's REVOLUTIONARY customizable and it's being assemble here in the U.S. NOT CHINA.
18. heyhi (Posts: 122; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
it fells like buying a pair of sneakers from Nike website.
The customizing colors part.
20. buccob (Posts: 1303; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Innovation would have been true under the hood customizing options, not colors.
To be able to choose between processors, ram option, ips lcs or amoled screen...
I really don't care very much for colors or wallpapers since I make my own
23. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Innovation? Better look up the dictionary.
25. rgxVOiD (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
innovation? what? You picking your phone color is innovation? Computers makers had been doing this for years. And where does it ships to? Prob USA only
4. MartianMe (unregistered)
Aye can anyone tell me why we can't buy the each COD maps separately instead?
5. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 120; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Yeah, well how MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$ for this phone OFF-CONTRACT?
6. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I don't get it. Will this not be available off contract?
7. Deadeye37 (Posts: 75; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Seems like a decent phone. We'll have to see the benchmarks of the phone to really judge if its a midranger or a top of the line phone. I think the only thing really midrange is the 720p screen.
8. discoshrew (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
moto maker is great, but wtf only at&t for now? thats some real old-school cell problems BS
9. Yubnub (Posts: 100; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I don't care about that midranger, but knock yourself out with those 18 back colors
14. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
First Moto phone that interests me. Love the approach Google is taking with this, people do the same thing with computers, phones only make sense that you can personalize them prior to being put together.
22. frydaexiii (Posts: 1176; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, Really? I managed to do most of this when I first bought my SGS3, Bought a white S3 16GB, bought a black Mercury Screen protector and a Red back cover replacement and could probably use a marker or pen to write my name on the back too if I wanted, add another 16GB Memory card for a total of 32GB if I wanted.
26. marbovo (Posts: 580; Member since: 16 May 2013)
"16 unique wallpapers" WTF... that will be advertised??
27. Angelface77 (Posts: 32; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
The best innovation thus far when it comes to smartphone. Everyone had to wait a year or two to get a new color from htc etc. Samsung puts the uglier colors in their devices.