Foxconn says iPhone demand is so huge that "it's not easy" to catch up
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2012, 06:28 posted on
We know Apple kicked off iPhone 5 sales well - 5 million units were sold in the opening weekend, but how well is the new iPhone doing these days?…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
Well Foxconn will just say anything to please Apple.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And you'll say anything to hate on apple.
12. GENERAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
And you support them no matter how low filthy cheap shameless they go.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I support tech, and all these companies r greedy. Greed another form of filth is the foundation of business. I don't see one company tossing out free devices. Cheap filthy shameless is a point of view my boy
15. GENERAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
And you still support Apple no matter how nasty they go. They are really affraid of competition, they hate to share tech which belongs to others, that are stolen and patent. Atleast all other companies share there, and get loyalties, but Apple, no they litigate. Drop down notification stolen from Android.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't feel sorry for me over a phone lol. I'm happy healthy and fit. It's not that serious dude
36. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1715; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Maybe physically, which I highly doubt actually, but mentally no, no you are not. Ignorance is bliss my friend
19. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, I did not say anything about Apple, it's about Foxconn dude.
I read several articles about that guy Terry Gou and all he said was Apple extolling and SS bashing. He even bashed SS for coming forward cooperating with regulators against monitor price fixing.
You should know better mate.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
True bro but everybody knows how much u hate apple
27. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
apple deserves it.. I wish i could hate `em more
37. JunitoNH (Posts: 1562; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Yes, because is an American company, which in turn affects our economy. I love my SGNX, but I don't live in Korea, so can careless if Samsung survives. All these Samsung want to be idiots, should be shipped to Korea. Not an Apple lover, but rather them succeed, like any American company.
40. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Think it's hard now, Foxconn? Just wait till Christmas when about 200 million kids'll be dying to open up your iPhones!!!!
18. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
oh c'mon foxconn if that were really true then where are the super, extraordinary, revolutionary, out-of-this-world sals figures which Apple has always boasted about in past years? where are this year's figures?
Its a simple request Apple...sales figures like in past years.
Advice to Apple: A good company knows when it has screwed up and its o to admit it :)
22. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Apple is still out of stock on their webpage, and usually the supply chain has stabilized by now on the previous iPhones. That should tell you that the fastest selling electronics device in history, the iPhone 4s, is going to be eclipsed this quarter by a significant margin.
25. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
actually its a simple illicit business practice called hoarding which Apple does all the time.
And dude get your stats right...the GS3 is the most pre0ordered, fastest selling and give it 5 miilion units or so it will be the most sold phone in history!
26. Hemlocke (unregistered)
You are delusional. It took Samsung more than 3 months to sell 30 million SGS3 models. Apple sold more than 30 million iPhone 4s in the final quarter of CY 2011. Their "preorders" were for dealers, distributors, carriers, etc. As for the 5 million, or so, that's not even close. The iPhone isn't in Nokia territory, and the 4s has sold more than 50 million handsets. Samsung is not close to either.
31. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yes i stand corrected...an error on my part :)
Thats impressive taking your figures....50 million! Nice!
So my question is again where are the sales figures that Apple used to stand on in the past years and annihilate the competition? All we hear is that the demand is awesome, super, through the roof....I think somebody meeds to teach Apple the difference between using adjectives and actuaal math numbers for sales figures :)
The GS3 has sold 30 million which may or may not be the second or third highest in history. Now correct me if I am wrong but the gap is closing in on the proverbial unreachable peak on which Apple used to stand and its become very close....perhaps we may after all see a turnaround this year when the iPhone 5 actually loses to its superior rival...the GS3 or any other android out there :)
28. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Phenom that is true the gs3 has a way to go to catch the sales of the 4S
30. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yes i checked my stats and I stand corrected...nobody's perfect :)
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
While I don't agree bro. +1 for the post. It's weird that u and I don't battle anymore lol. Good post.
29. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
nah its just the lull before the storm... :)
2. android_hitman (unregistered)
LOOOOL! i don't believe this
3. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Meh, What else can we expect from the ever apple-praising company? go f*#@ yourself iFoxconn
4. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
What to expect from a man like Victor H.!!!
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
What wrong did he do? He has just posted a news, a statement that someone said. Don't discourage PA authors, most of 'em are good. Not ultrabiased like cnet/gizmodo/verge guys.
14. GENERAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
its humanity dignity pride respect. Thats what Steve blwjob said, to kill destroy Android, hahaha rotflmfao he the thiefe traitor was dead befor Android. We are laughing at Apple . There are no jealousy.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3584; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What did they do?
Drop and break everything while shipping them?
7. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Too busy installing nets around buildings.
8. Aeires (unregistered)
Was this the same guy that said the iPhone5 would embarrass Samsung phones, but turned out to be just a small upgrade of the 4S model?
17. Tones (Posts: 55; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Yeah think thats him? Such BS that turned out to be.
23. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Name one Samsung phone that has better build quality, performance, and battery life.
35. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Samsung Captivate was better than any iphone at the time the Captivate came out. I know as I had a 3GS in my house and that phone at the same time.
11. Savage (unregistered)
I call BS on that. Show me the assembly figures and shipment details, Foxconn. Then I'll believe you. You already lied about iPhone 5 putting GS3 to shame so why should we believe you now?
34. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
APPLE always makes it look like their products are in high demand as it feeds the media hype machine.
38. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
The thing I love about Apple more than anything is that they don't cater to haters.. Apple only listen to consumers.. so unless you are a consumer.. good luck on your request...
39. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Attention Apple Fanboys. These site is ruled by Android fanboys. No matter what you say, if you support apple YOU WILL be thumbs down.