Foxconn plant rumored to halt work on Apple iPhone 5c to concentrate on Apple iPhone 5s
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2013, 09:54 posted on
If you're looking for a sign that the Apple iPhone 5c isn't selling as briskly as the full-featured Apple iPhone 5s is, all you have to do is take a look at what Foxconn is rumored to be doing at one of its major facilities in Northern China. The factory, located in the city of Zhengzhou, has allegedly halted production of the Apple iPhone 5c in order to concentrate on production of the more popular Apple iPhone 5s...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Dogs don't like dog food that tastes bad. People also know the difference between a cheap phone and a same phone, and are voting with their wallets. Despite Timmy wanting to increase Apples margins with the cheap phone, customers ain't buying it. The cheap phone is going to be a sales fail.
2. android_hitman (unregistered)
LOL, but what Timmy did is brilliant... he knew nobody will buy the 5c when it's a mere 100€ difference in price and by doing so he just trippled the 5s sales.
Every apple fan will buy the expensive one because it's better in every aspect.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 19792; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The C has its target Audience, it's just not gonna be the hit they hoped for. I do see lotsa people with em though.
6. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
So, why, didn´t they just kept selling the 5 together with 5S(like they always did) instead of creating a new version?
I think they missed the shot, and next year, 5c won´t get a sucessor.
What I think apple should do is create three sized phones. 4", 4.7" and 5.5"
13. RageQuit (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
Because its cheaper to refit the assembly and make the iPhone 5C than it is to keep making the old iPhone 5 because the cost of labor and parts for the older iPhone stays constant but the value price it is sold at remains constant.
9. Finalflash (Posts: 2776; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, hate to see douchy tactics like that succeed and then watch idiots defend it with marketing points. Hopefully it fails hard for them and makes them actually provide better products instead of better strong arming tactics. The next quarters sales will probably be the decider for Apple changing their ways or finding better ways to screw people who bought into their ecosystem.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 19792; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smart move apple. With plenty of 5C stock, concentrate on the big seller.
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
A smart move would have been to not release the 5C at all... :)
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 19792; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Tell apple HQ that, not me. I'm a consumer... :)
5. trickster_qc (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
With the cases Apple designed for the 5C, I'm amazed it's not selling like hot cakes.
7. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
5c 16 gig $50 at Target. They are probably the only ones selling the phone because of the price point.
And nobody in their right mind would spend $200 on the 32 gig.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So 5C was a moderate failure in Ballmer's words.