Foxconn factory shut down after 2,000-employee brawl erupts, 40 workers injured
0. phoneArena 24 Sep 2012, 04:06 posted on
Foxconn, the Chinese company best known for manufacturing the iPhone and iPad, has shut down one of its factories after a fight erupted among nearly 2,000 people…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. phljcnth (Posts: 287; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I almost thought it's because of Apple. LOL
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, the plant is supposed to make the case for the iP5, so Apple is an accessory of sorts (morally as opposed to legally).
19. Connie.Linghus (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
I abhor violence and iMelees of any kind because violence is baaa-haaa-haaa-aaaaad.
20. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1773; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I may be dating myself a bit here but the first thing that came to my mind was "Less filling/ Taste great".
(That was from the Miller Lite ads from the 80s- early 90s.)
I guess the could've had the Bugs Bunny/ Daffy Duck argument, Duck season/ Rabbit season.
24. metalpoet (unregistered)
Hell yeah! please please god let this hurt apple in some way!
27. metalpoet (unregistered)
*Chinese accent* oohhh you dipspits get back to work on those icrap products! you have 20 hour day ahead of you, go now or we kick u!
2. sarb009 (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
hey apple why are u so greedy ? please cut ur profit margin a bit
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Ummm. Because they want to add to their pile of cash (so executives like Jonie Ivie can cash in fewer options to fund the purchase of $17 million houses)?
18. Aeires (unregistered)
Now, now, Ives already said Apple wasn't about money. I forget, was that before or after he purchased the $17 million house?
22. devildlm1 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Its extremely sad when you look at these numbers. Assuming that Jonie Ivie already had a house and tons of money, he alone could have given every single foxconn worker $200 each with the money he used to buy that house which would make a major difference in their lives. Not that i'd expect him to but damn, this is a crazy world we live in.
5. Astri (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
Someone whispered "The next big thing is already here" and the party started
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
WOW!!! Fighting just to taste the iphone 5!!! Thats crazy!!! :)
8. CapedCrusaderRobin (Posts: 31; Member since: 19 Dec 2010)
Somewhere out there , there is a youtube video of that fight, itching to be uploaded for the world to see !
11. e.wvu (unregistered)
That was a long fight.
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1389; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
oh yeah, kind of wish to see the video of the whole brawl. must have been brutal :/ poor guys.
12. intos (Posts: 87; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
where is the human rights for that people ?? for apple this is a joke...
15. remixfa (Posts: 14060; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
expect this to happen at more foxconn factories if they find out about it.
"hey look, they got a vacation day!! fight everyone fight!!"
When I read it it sounded like the Chinese version of West Side Story. Rival factions dance fighting across the halls.
25. metalpoet (unregistered)
YES FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
16. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The low wages finally got to them. Instead of hurting themselves, they hurt each other.
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nintendo worker - Hey, my GSIII is better than the elongated remote control you're making!
Apple worker - Say what? Want a PS3?
26. metalpoet (unregistered)
lets get it on!
28. wolstenbeast (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
You've gotta fight for your right to Parteeeeeee!
29. JunitoNH (Posts: 964; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Singing, and everyone was Kung-Fu fighting ha