Foxconn accused of firing employees because they are suicidal
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So, this is where the "MADE IN CHINA" sign comes from......
And they have poor working conditions, suicides, and riots in Mexico.........
3. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Foxconn better hurry up, and put a patent on that giant "Suicidal Net", Before Apple does... Because i heard work is gonna be picking up.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple has done nothing wrong with their workers, they treat their workers very well, not like Foxconn. :)
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I never said Apple done anything wrong, even though Foxconn assembles the iphone, Apple IS known to patent things like the "air" you breathe and rounded corners and stuff... :( ... Whatever, i'd patent the net if i was Foxconn!
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I never said you said Apple done anything wrong, I was just thinking that " "Suicidal Net", Before Apple does..." means that Apple workers will suicide because Apple treat them very bad. :)
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Foxconn,stop treating your workers like slaves. No wonder many of them are suicidal
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Terry Gou is the MAN , I want to be successful like him
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Only way this will stop is to boycott products made there so likely it's going to continue. Sad thing is that Foxconn would have been shut down if they created clothing, but because it's an electronics plant, it continues. I remember many stories of t-shirt sweat shops that were ran out of business for doing little compared to the daily practices of Foxconn.
We the consumers are ultimately the responsible ones for continuing to support this place with our wallets.
10. belovedson (Posts: 986; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
this is bullcrap. foxconn become unionized now!!!
11. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
FoxConn have had nets installed by the windows for a year now, to stop the workers from jumping and killing themselves, so sad. And here on PA we argue about "who has the better camera" or "who's phone looks sexier" (including me). There is a darkside of technology, and this must be stopped.
12. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
So, if i hate my job at foxxconn, all i need to do is to go and tell the manager "i want to kill myself" and i'll be freed.
14. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
The fact that they committed suicide isn't the companies fault.
If conditions were that bad, the employee could have left the company at any point in time.
But that the employee committed suicide shows there is something wrong with the person.
I could commit suicide right now at my job, or I could leave it, or I could stay here and make the best of it
15. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Does this mean your happy as a "Guard at Foxconn"?
16. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
If you have to install nets to keep your employees from jumping off of the roof, you might want to rethink your business plan. Just saying.