Foxconn CEO says the iPhone 5 will be better than the Galaxy S III, sets goal to defeat Samsung
0. phoneArena 21 Jun 2012, 04:08 posted on
Terry Gou went so far as to say that Sharp is three years ahead of Samsung in its 10th generation screen plant, perhaps focusing on the IGZO technology that the Japanese have developed, and which is making debut in the Resolutionary display of the new iPad. Moreover, he fleetingly mentioned that people should wait for the iPhone 5, as it will put the Galaxy S III to shame...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
60. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Lower resolution ? yeah right....
average 8MP shooter ? it has the same camera sensor as 4s
android ? it's an OS with a bigger market share than iOS
iPhone ? it's a phone that only could buy other's hardwares and softwares and then try to call them their own creation. even steve wozniak was giving a thumb down to siri after it was bought by apple
74. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Abraham Lincoln once said:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
91. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
cool, you are using your first account...
33. dawolf (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
but the galaxy note 2 will put the iphone 5 in its place.
36. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Tell that to ifools, they'll believe it.
77. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
WinP is like the boring child that Android made with iOS. Cluttered, uninteresting.
41. paulyyd (Posts: 337; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
u guys mad? How old are most of you fanboys out there? Like 14? Lololol.
Anyways, I'm calling it right now, the new iPhone will put the s3 to shame. Not only will it outsell it, it will have much better hardware. Oh and having a obnoxiously large screen and a quad core with a laggy OS doesn't make it better by the way
44. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, being a 30 year old iFan isn't doing you any good either.
And when your iPhone actually has screen size options and quad cores, come talk to me. If not you're just another idiot with outdated tech in denial.
47. paulyyd (Posts: 337; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Lol is that right? try again buddy.
So you're telling me since a cell phone doesn't have the options for a bigger screen and different processors its an outdated tech? Hmm last time I checked, it outsold every other cell phone out there so where do you get the idea its outdated? Wasn't the 3GS like one of top selling phones out there?
Lol and quad core? pretty sure thats an international only thing bud. State side is getting duel core. If you don't reside in the states then… well I don't really care.
Now remember in school when it was taught you should think before you speak? Yeah you should try that sometime buddy. You have a great day though. Thanks for playing
49. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Do u have any brains? Any knowledge! Android
Is a full OS, unlike ios which is half baked. It's not even Linux. To run a full os it requires power and ram which in the earlier phones had lags due to low cpu power! But now with dualcore and quadcore lags don't exist.
62. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
i believe this apple fan boy (or old man) has not used sgs3 at all, the phone was heavily skinned but it still runs w/o any lag.
try to give heavy winterboard or whatsoever on your iPhone 4s, i would like to see it runs "Buttery smooth"
71. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
One of the best comments who knows the other side of both OS (jailbreaking & rooting)..
83. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3387; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude, your comment's rating is so low it is hidden from my page!! :P I mean literally!!
50. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Still another 3 year's to catch up with Android... Restrictions. Low specs.limited phones. Apps are expensive than ios..... no roms. No root.
63. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, it's still a maturing OS. but i think Wp 8 will be great though not necessarily it will defeat android
78. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I'll say it again. WinP is the boring lovechild between iOS and Android.
It's got a long way to go to catch up. I detest my Lumia that I use for work. I'm not fanboy to any of the major OSs out there but I sure can't stand the look of Windows tile based OS. I hated it on Xbox Live and it's worse on their phone. At least XBL had interesting backgrounds to choose from.
But seriously, If I have to look at something with a black background and a flat, uniform, 80's neon foreground too soon after using my Lumia I start punching children.
59. tedkord (Posts: 8296; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yeah, this is the guy who called his employees animals, and hired zoo trainers to teach his staff how to manage his workforce. Why is anyone listening to him?
64. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Because the people who listen to him are apple fan boys ?
69. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so the guy that says his employees are animals..
has the company that gets all sorts of human rights violations..
has jumper nets at his APPLE factories that apparently DONT WORK as people still commit suicide by gravity there..
and is mad at samsung for telling on him because HE was part of a PRICE FIXING scheme.. (no wonder he has such close relations with apple.. they are peas in a pod)
says that he is better than samsung???
73. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Not only he is mad at Samsung, with no apparent reason he called out the entire korean people as backstabbers lol Just because he got caught price fixing and Samsung outed them.
70. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Sharp ahead of Samsung?? Pffff HAHAHA!!
72. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Lol. Agree.. Samsung's LCD TVs are the 2011 best seller..
75. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3.....................does it really matter which phone is better?? because we'll have same conversation by this time next year with the iPhone 6 vs. Galaxy S4
80. shamataa (Posts: 210; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
In your dreams. That will never happen. Maybe in your own world but in reality it's not going to happen.
82. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3387; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm not a fan of both, but while iPhone 5 tries to kill Galaxy SIII, i guess Galaxy SIV will be out! Ready for another takedown!! :P
84. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I can tell you this. The S III so far in the US seems to be a flop. I have some insider info and the preorders are very disappointing on it. That 9 million preorder number turns out was by carriers and not customers.
I'm excited to hear this comment. I think iPhone will blow our minds and break some records as well. Samsung will have to do better that a big screen and Siri copycat to compete.
86. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
insider information? really? like who? your mom is not an insider
all we see is "preorders sold out" "SGS3 on backorder on nearly every carrier before it even launches", ect ect ect.
like always, your full of crap.
89. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Unlike you I've actually achieved something in life. You don't have to take my word for it. You'll see when numbers are announced. I guess knowing Samsung they may not announce anything. Better to let people speculate than announce disappointing results.
92. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
you have achieved something in life? Wow, with what you post I am surprised. I mean, you get butte hurt whenever someone tells that Apple is an inferior product.
101. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
bahahah. what have you achieved in life? lvl 60 in warcraft? guildmaster?? lololol. you make a lot of assumptions for someone that lives in mommy's basement.
105. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
He finally saved enough money for BC and is up to lvl 70 now lol ;)
108. tedkord (Posts: 8296; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Did those insiders tell you that 640p is higher res than 720p? Or that user agent spoofing doesn't affect browser stats?
I'm sure the launches are being pushed back because sales are so disappointing.
Now, I would believe you had an inside source for what the secret sauce is...
90. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Locke I told remix don't take my word for it
102. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and dont worry, no one takes your word for anything. not even your mom. how long have you been promising to move out of her basement? lol
98. MartyK (Posts: 733; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I gave you a thumbs up, cause no matter how wrong you are, are how bad the iphone sucks, you hang in there trying to prove the whole electronic world wrong, and for that sir 1 thumb up...lol
103. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Hmm while i can't speak for current US sales and can say in Europe the s3 has been selling like a cold bottle of cider on sale at 50 cent on a scorching summers day
112. Nocturne (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Ok so lets for just a moment take your statement as true.
What your saying is when apple says "3 million ipads SHIPPED" in first weekend, its perfectly acceptable to believe its iPads sold and not just sitting around at stores.
But if another company says 9 million pre-orders, or heck even 3 million SOLD, it doesnt count as units sold but rather misinformation?
Its statements like your above post that reduces the legitimacy when you actually post something relevant.
115. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple reports sold numbers not shipped.
87. Awaragardiyan (Posts: 83; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Well done ChouMou ! That was some gud joke. Thnx for makin me laugh.
Seriously an eyefone with 4'' screen and ios 6 and design same as previous models (that too was not original , stolen from a 5 year old BT Headset - Nokia hs 45 ad 54) will beat s3. :-D :-D . And it will have something called NEW Retina display bcoz it is the only thing apple have.
No doubt it will sell in millions, bcoz sheeps are increasing day by day.
93. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I honestly believe that the iphone 4GS will do very well. People get into that mindset that what they buy is cool and popular and better than anything else and they never steer away from it. It is like the blind leading the blind.
94. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
The iPhone 5 is going to be so great that our employees are already killing themselves in anticipation of those long hours spent building this device.
95. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
please stop everything
my 3210 have lcd screen, phone book, can make calls sms etc, so apple + samsung copy my 3210
i have brick in front of my house, when I see (maybe) prototype of iPhone 5, the first thing i remember is my brick.
can apple make something beautyfull about design.
i dont care the material, but sgs 3 have better design, i try both iPhone and sgs 3 , sgs3 fit in my hands
dont mock my english, i know my english bad
99. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Terry Gou alredy fail before war. he only can speak and speak, show the world iPhone 5 after that u can talk. Without proof everything he say is nothing to me.
104. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
first of all the note was a one hit wonder. got the world by surprise and they milk it.. now the world is prepare for a Phablet.. the surprise factor is gone and so will sales.. second... the iphone is getting a redesign.. if the same shape minor updates sold millions.. imagine the carnage the new iphone will . and not the Note or the explosive SGSIII can do about it.. watch how Apple will demolish the Note, RAZR HD, or EVO so sit down and enjoy the show..
106. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
ive course it will, why wouldnt it sell? there
is, its a big hype and a show off, a pose; look
im cool, im trendy, iphone is a fashion. what
show? "watch"...! we are! we laugh at u sh??p$.... go to GooglE type in i$H¿¿P...
Look even phonearena has banned that word!
111. chrisbo5 (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
samsung is the leading manufacturer in the WORLD, apple is only popular in the U.S mainly. this guy has HUGE dreams
113. husser94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
HOW COULD THE IPHONE5 BEAT THE GS3 IF IN ALL ACTUALITY IT WILL BE BASICALLY THE SAME THING AS THE IPHONE4?! JUST A TAD BIGGER.... KEEP ON DREAMING APPLE
114. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
So what was he suppose to say, iPhone 5 will be worse than the GS3?
Well, depending on the GS3's success, iPhone 5 may release earlier than expected, as early as September.
117. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Well... I do like Japanese companies better than Korean. Terry Gou is correct about Samsung's business practice, but iPhone 5 beating SGS3 is unlikely...