Foxconn CEO says the iPhone 5 will be better than the Galaxy S III, sets goal to defeat Samsung
0. phoneArena 21 Jun 2012, 04:08 posted on
Terry Gou went so far as to say that Sharp is three years ahead of Samsung in its 10th generation screen plant, perhaps focusing on the IGZO technology that the Japanese have developed, and which is making debut in the Resolutionary display of the new iPad. Moreover, he fleetingly mentioned that people should wait for the iPhone 5, as it will put the Galaxy S III to shame...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Hmm... sounds a little bit like Asian racism bolstered with some butt-hurt feelings over Samsung spilling the beans of their price-fixing malfeasance, and probably self-interests given his APPL shares.
57. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
APPLE-ROYALLY™® says.... He is speaking the truth® It will cause hype a all over the world® people will be lining up to bye our products® Apple stores are all over the world, unlike others we don't see® It will cause colleteral damage® We™ the users, ROYALLYS™® @ fans thank Apple for ip4, 4$, and now the 5, along with ios6....
11. hateftotti (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Just a Samusng product will put another samsung product to shame,Not an icrap...
35. wendygarett (unregistered)
I deny that!!! DId SGS3 put SGS2 shame?? as well as Note??
38. Gemmol (Posts: 792; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
na it aint im glad I would not be upgrading this year, I got the galaxy note, but even with the changes they make this year, it wont be nothing big, my eyes are looking toward 2013.......I understand people like having a new phone, I use to do it, but now that we in dual cores, my phone works pretty well, I use to only change every couple months to a year because I felt past phones were sluggish, even though they were the high tech at the moment......
12. ilia1986 (unregistered)
He is delusional.
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
His cockiness just takes all the validity out of his statement, not like the iPhone 5 will ACTUALLY put the S3 to shame. Apple always boasted that they make hardware alongside software to go with each other, we've seen iOS6, iPhone 5 is going to be just as disappointing to accompany such crappy software.
17. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
"I respect the Japanese and especially like their execution and communication styles. Unlike the Koreans, they will not hit you from behind."
I can`t believe he just said that, an I missing something?! Wasn`t China that stabbed Korea in the back in the 50s?
19. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Terry Gou, better take care of your Foxconn employees first before the next iPhone.
20. MISTER-H (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 May 2012)
u BOGUS get a life. take care of Foxcon and there employes.
21. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Maybe he should worry more about stopping the suicides at his plants.
52. droid4all (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
It's no secret that phonearena is very pro-android, just as there is Fandroids there are Iphone Fanatics. That believe their device started earth and is the best thing to set foot on it.
I can at least say, I tried it. Hated it and went back to Android.
56. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Says there are very few iFans in here®
24. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
CEO of Foxconn!!
Plain simply, that is pure evil talking.
This guy should be shot to death.
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh and "J Sern", you make me sick.
What the hell are you?!?
Have you ever made a constructive, worthy comment on this site?
Nothing but a spineless troll and a Windows/Microsoft fanboy.
28. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
No he's a Prison Fanboy. He lives in a world of restrictions...
26. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
This article obviously about foxcon vs samsung as electronic manufacture not as an android phone maker, maybe samsung is the biggest android player but samsung is not android. But people always bring android vs ios because that's all you had in your brain. Apple vs samsung in this article is about hardware not os, foxconn is apple's supplier dude, no wonder he praise iphone
29. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I do not understand why the fuss? Even now the GS3 is nothing to brag about. Stupendously lagre screen with lower resolution than 4S, cheap plastic body, average 8MP shooter, oh yeah and again with Android...
31. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Look whose brainwashed and doomed.
34. I.P.H.O.N.E (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Go to Google and type in i$heep!!
40. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Say what? lower resolution than the 4s?
The 4s has: 640x960
The s3 has: 720x1280 - How is that smaller resolution?
Also the camera sensors in both these two phones are said to be almost identical.
And it is a polycarbonate body which is actually expensive to produce and extremely durable.
So yea um maybe do a little market research before you make your next claim about the 4s being better.
With respect to operating system and screen size, it is simply a personal preference.
43. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Lower resolution? It has a 720P display, the iphone only has a 640P. And by Apple's logic, since the new iPad has a ppi of 264 ppi and it's still considered "retina", the SGS3 which has 306 ppi is also a "retina" screen.
Cheap plastic? It's polycarbonate, that itself already beats cheap thick glass.
When the iPhone gets zero-shutter lag, then you can come talk to me about "average shooter".
and Yes, Android, I don't see how that's a con.
81. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
306 is a lowers resolution. Lol get it together
85. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no taco, its not a lower RESOLUTION, its a lower PIXEL DENSITY.
get yourself together.
107. tedkord (Posts: 11927; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
User agents, screen resolution. And he still has the nerve to claim that iPhone users are more tech savvy, while every time he opens his mouth about anything even remotely tech related he's 100% wrong.