Fourth-generation Wi-Fi only Apple iPad sells out, new orders will ship in one week
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2012, 12:17 posted on
The Apple iPad 4 has been quietly racking up sales even though the Apple iPad mini has been stealing the limelight from its larger-sized brother; the Apple iPad 4 is now sold out of its pre-order inventory with new orders delayed a week before shipping...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Hammerfest (Posts: 346; Member since: 12 May 2012)
I can make 200 of something and sell them to 20000 people and put up the "sold out" tag as well... this is nothing new!
*The numbers used dont represent the actual stock, however, seeing as Apple is working to change suppliers and pissing everyone off, its highly likely that they didnt stockpile the devices before sale like they did PRE iPhone5/iPad3, its called creating interest...
Plebian: Oh! Its sold out already, must be great, I should get one as well as soon as I can! Being sold out already, it must print out MONEY!
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
what you say could be true, However at the end of the quarter the sales figures are there. if you didn't fall for it hundreds of people didn't either
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude hush, just hush. Sit on the sideline, and bash while apple handles its biz
38. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
come on... be realistic. Im sure apple sold a decent amount. there are so many sheep out there...
2. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Sold out? After just a few days whilst Nexus 10 and Surface were announced...? That's Hardcore.
18. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I don't understand, how is that hardcore? The Nexus 10 was just announced yesterday, so any sales that it would have affected with the iPad would have happened yesterday. You can't really tell whether that was the case or not since we don't have any hardline numbers to go by. Not to mention there is no number on how many iPads were on hand to be sold. Apple could've forecasted sales to be lower for the new iPad and therefore lowered their in-stock numbers to have.
36. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
hardcore as you mean hardcore P**N? I don't see anyting hardcore in what apples doing. Its too bland for my case. no wonder people don't like apple
3. bubbadoes (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 May 2012)
FALSE!!!. this is always, i mean always Apples initial response..they are sold out because only10,000 or fewer were produced.
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Dude you're right but it was wayyy more than 10, 000.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No they sell out cuz people like the product. Stop hating.
39. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
they sell out because of apple's amazing marketting skills. they really try hard to persuade customers that their ipad mini is a good product and that effort will be displayed in their sales.
apple deserves it for their excellent marketting...
42. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
excellent marketing...probably, crap product...definitely
45. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
marketing only takes you so far, Apple has a customer retention higher than any other OS so, is more like customer satisfaction
4. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Remember that Apple can "Make something bigger and also smaller" - so they sold out on the iPad 4 - while making 10 units of it. God knows what's going on in their accounting books with that philosophy around, LOL.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Your posts continue to crack me up. 3 months ago u were one of apples biggest supporters, now u hate on them like you've been against them for years. Lol c'mon man
17. ilia1986 (unregistered)
3 months ago? Dude I started hating Apple since WWDC 2011 - that's June 2011. That's 14 months ago!
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lmao u shoulda kept that to yourself bro.
41. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Why's that? I'm proud to hate Apple and to be a smart consumer! :)
24. Ninetysix (Posts: 1010; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Logic...do you have it?
Foxconn's biggest client will only make "10 units"...hahahahahahahah
5. khurram87 (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Someone rightly said this....people buying Apple products have more money then brains! C'mon people, look beyond Apple!!!!!
20. CheerfulCharlie (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Actually, the expression is: They have more dollars than sense.
43. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
My father is a pulmonologist ( a doctor that specializes in pulmonary medicine.) and he has money and brains.My father is a pulmonologist ( a doctor that specializes in pulmonary medicine.) and he has money and brains.
He looked at both the Nexus 7 and iPad he also compared some medical apps that were suggested to him by some of the "new generation doctors" ( as he calls them ) and android didn't have a good portion of them.e looked at both the Nexus 7 and iPad he also compared some medical apps that were suggested to him by some of the "new generation doctors" ( as he calls them ) and android didn't have a good portion of them.
He also knew he didn't care about being able to have widgets or more customization, he just wanted something that works. So he got an iPad.
You close minded people on here seem to think everyone is as fascinated with putting widgets on there screen and hacking into their tablet as you are.
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh no not you and your doctor story again, sure you commented before thinking been a doctor automatically means your never wrong and what they choose is the best...........
i doubt he actually exists as if he's a real doctor why would he need these apps? he would already know everything he needs to and not have to rely on glossy amatuer apps
you see how its not making sense? and before you say it the apps are have some use for trainee doctors and medical students, you said he is a doctor ........doctors wouldnt rely on a tablet and medical apps
40. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
im hungary for something truely innovative... haven't seen anything yet(anywhere, even in android)
I want something innovative like the og evo or the HD2. nothing in my opinion comes close.
don't get me wrong. 720p screens are good, gs3 is also great, 1080p displays look absolutley detailastic. and even they are innovatition, they weren't that innovative
8. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
i am not suprise by this, Apple knew thwey had a hit in their hands, and in time for the holidays smh
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What shocks me is how people want apple to do badly, and say apple lying about sales when every quarter they post mind blowing sales figures. By the way they've globally sold 26 million iPhone 5's so far v
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hey they're both big time bro. The s3 is sweet too
28. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
It shocks me at how good apple advertises and make consumers believe that they should get their products. Or, maybe it does not surprise me that people blindly purchase stuff based upon a need to get what others have.
30. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very true, and another reason I just don't understand
Is there are better sound quality .MP3 players out there that produce better clarity, like SONY one's! What is wrong with these people buying an overpriced hype product!
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok we've heard that about 5 million times, but thanx for the info.
29. jphillips63 (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They show sales but they don't show or tell of returns I know of the apple store here claims they have about a 40% return rate so if that happens to just one store how many other apple stores are getting the same numbers of returns.
16. ryq24 (Posts: 428; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
apple may be slipping in the smartphone war but they still rule the tablet market. android tablet are a dime a dozen while one get exclusivity with the IOS packed ipad.
19. CheerfulCharlie (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Oh, I guess they weren't expecting to sell all that many. Perhaps they need to start doing a bit of market research rather than offer lame excuses about selling out after such a short time.
23. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Ipad was allways the best and will remain the best.
26. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Well no, the competition has stepped up, now there are many tablets that are all round better then the iPad and as apple refuse to bring anything new or evolve there is the iPad isn't on top.
Please leave your fanboyism out of it, iPad isn't the ''best''
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well this is meant to replace my laptop for browsing, so I should use this iPan with no Flash and restricted OS, that people still sacrifice just for the name and the hype trend. Useless good for nothing product, was looking forward to buying one.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 8911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Kronic. Those of us who own it know it
27. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Another example of people buying for the name - I am told the economy is not good....rrrighhhht.
37. Sakeem (Posts: 127; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Anyone surprised by this? Brand loyalty and being tied up in an ecosystem will bring about crazy sales. Also, people really feel the Ipad is the best tablet on the market. So this is not surprising at all.