Forstall ousted for refusing to sign Apple Maps apology, Jony Ive takes over all Apple design: what does this mean for Apple?
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2012, 03:51 posted on
Apple might just have stolen the spotlight from Google’s humongous Nexus unveiling, and the Windows Phone 8 launch by announcing... iOS head Scott Forstall…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
57. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Absolutely. And guess who wins at the end..
80. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
George Lucas sold Lucas film to Disney, and they r in current talks with writers to make new Star Wars movies.
10. MeoCao (unregistered)
Jony Ive looks like a fake to me, he always tries to show a bigger than life image.
Shouldn't he get sacked too for the scratchy design of iPhone 5?
12. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
im hving a feeling, hez going to be next steve jobs.
17. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 959; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Watch Google or MS snap up Forstall, thats if he doesnt create his own start-up.
20. kanagadeepan (Posts: 862; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Now Cook removes SteveJob's fav person with his... Changes started showing in apple, after the loss of SteveJobs, imho...
23. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Apple's thought of the day: how long can john keep his job?
Apple's top player's should tread lightly. Anyone in that company is disposable.
26. pongkie (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Well..... on the bright side
New generation of ipods, ipads, imacs in the next 5 months!!!!!!!!
29. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Wonder if we'll see Jony as head of Apple in the future?
34. Aeires (unregistered)
Stock market can't open soon enough, AAPL will be the show to watch.
37. pravi (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Now the million dollar question! Since Scott Forstall is leaving apple, which company would be eagely waiting to hire him? Google? Nokia? Microsoft? or even Jolla?
38. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
So this means that Microsoft is gonna hire Scott Forstall and make WP8 even better.
40. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I would say that let Apple contnue what they are happy doing so far ... it's good for other platforms :)
46. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Well, you never know, but maybe it is for the better of IOS future. I'm never an Apple fan but it's probably better to change it now and revamp their aging IOS.
58. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I believe that there might be a cool change now that Jonathan Ive is taking over almost everything. I'm not saying this as an Apple fan.
59. Slammer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I would really like to hear Scott's side of the story before acknowledging Apple's side.
69. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ive doesn't looks very happy. Apple might as well fire all their executive bord of directors
75. infinitemethod (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Oh, cool. The guy that has literally made the exact same device, over and over, and over again. He did make the larger and smaller though. Skills. Sell your Apple stock, kids, it's game over!
78. The_Innovation (Posts: 601; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Apple is no where on "it's way down" people. Think about what you're saying. The iPad Mini and the iPad 4 are sold out again, and the iPhone 5 is selling like no iPhone has ever sold before. Apple is rising as we speak. Their cap is worth close to 3 Googles combined. I'm not a huge fan of them, but it would take a whole lot more than this for them to even begin falling.
79. TechWorld_Observer (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Welcome to the world of Windows Phone Mr. Forstall, except don't make it look like iOS like Android has done.