Former corporate raider Icahn now owns $2 billion of Apple's stock
0. phoneArena 15 Nov 2013, 04:06 posted on
Continuing his crusade to get Apple to make a tender offer and buy back $150 billion of its shares, investor Carl Icahn now own 3.9 milion shares of Apple with a value of $2 billion. Throughout his career, Icahn's game plan is to find a company he believes is undervalued, buy a ton f its stock, and try to force the company into making changes to bring the stock up...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 3223; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I am seeing a devilish smile on his face... seems like he is upto something creepy... these type of people usually make their fortunes on the losses of normal people... black face of capitalism
7. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
clearly this guy is not black... care to clarify?
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 19145; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Of like him to clarify as well. How about the face of capitalism instead. +1
14. tedkord (Posts: 9688; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its just an expression. Like black heart means evil and black hat signifies bad guy. Not every negative use of the word black is rooted in race.
16. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Somebody by the name of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would disagree with you.
20. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Seriously.. get over it.
Black face = dark side. No race reference at all. It's 2013.. time to let go?
I realize that racism is a serious thing and I'm about as un-racist as one can be. but I also have common sense.
By throwing out the race card on something as trivial as this, you're not helping anyone - your just watering down the issue. Save it for times when it really matters.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 19145; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The very definitions you just gave indicate otherwise. Why is it black is used to signify evil? Day, cat, hat, eye, Tuesday, male, and sheep all change to evil or bad things, when black is placed in front of them. Please don't shove that cliché stuff down my throat dude.
25. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3539; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
It's been that way long before the race issue came about. People used to fear the night. Things like unexplained noises at night were attributed to ghosts. People who practiced magic did so at night. There are references to dark or black being evil since the beginning of time, even in the bible. Your name comes from Star Wars, and the villians were part of the dark side of the force. Does that mean that George Lucas is a racist? While everyone can agree that racism is a serious issue still today, there is also such a thing as hypersensitivity to racism as well. Just because someone uses dark or black to mean bad or evil, doesn't necessarily mean they are talking about black people, but about the historical associations about anything dark being bad.
21. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
DJ, your comment would imply that all capitalism is bad. Not so.
he's simply trying to say the dark side of capitalism.
27. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Holy Jeebus, it's merely a figure of speech. If you're trying to pick a fight with the man, then you might as well pick a fight with the multitude of people that gave various meanings to the word "black" that have trascended centuries.
You're all worse than trolls.
13. Jommick (Posts: 221; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
How is it making a fortune off the loss of normal people? It's like saying when Microsoft moved its headquarters to Redmond, WA that it sucked all of the money out of the local economy and made it the most desolate area in America. The wealthy don't take a bigger piece of the pie, they build bakeries.
17. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you're right and don't pay the bakers enough
19. Ashoaib (Posts: 3223; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Come onnnn... hahaha
Black means, dark... not black color... I mean dark side of capitalism... I dont think my comment was difficult to undetstand but anyway you guys put smile on my face.. thanks everybody :)
12. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Just glad Tim is smart enough to see through this guys BS. Apple's strategy is working fine for them, they don't need this troll to screw it all up just so he can make easy money.
18. Stuntman (Posts: 834; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
So Icahn wants Apple to borrow $150,000,000 and spend that money to make him richer?
28. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If I am apple, I would not want this guy owning stock in the company - trust me - he is bad news.
29. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
30. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
In the end, Apple will become/is a niche company - and that is perfectly fine as that is what they have been best at. Carl Icahn will attempt to change Apple's business philosophy.