Former Siri chief working on Samsung's SAMI
0. phoneArena 11 Nov 2013, 14:24 posted on
Luc Julia, who ran the Siri project at Apple for 10 months, left Apple last year and headed for Korea where he found an office at Samsung. Julia is now a Vice President at Samsung's innovation labs where is hard at work on SAMI (Samsung Architecture for Multimodal Interactions) which goes beyond Siri. The executive recently demonstrated what SAMI could do...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Seriously, Samsung? Seriously? SAMI?
How bout we give our voice assistants their names ourselves, instead of the companies who make them?
26. ghaniosman (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
U r taking way to hard bro, SAMI is just a short form of Samsung Architecture for Multimodal Interactions, just take it eeze
27. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
lols i like wat u did there!! +1 for u !!
2. brar.arsh (Posts: 173; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Please keep it with TIZEN, dont integrate it to Android, Google Now is already a great software..
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1571; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I just hope that Samsung removes that horrible S-Voice from all devices and replaces it with something much better.
4. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Samsung's SIRI? should be cool right? ok no copy apple comments please. haha
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 1818; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Samsung doesn't copy anyone. All new innovations and original.
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 1818; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Excuse me? The article is about Samsung's SAMI.
9. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2366; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Pretty sure Samsung has been called Sammy since before Suri was around. Either way, companies are going to compete with each other, and release similar looking or similar named products to compete. Unless it's a direct copy or using the same name, it's going to happen, get over it.
12. Ninetysix (Posts: 1818; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
So it's okay for Samsung to copy but Apple gets rediculed when it looks like they copied something? Is that your logic?
18. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2366; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
When did I say anything about Apple copying anything. I'm saying ALL companies make products that resemble that of their competition or work in a similar manner. That's what I really hate about fanboys, bickering like a bunch of schoolgirls about petty crap. I have no problem with Apple as long as I don't have to deal with iTunes and they're not trying to limit my choices in mobile devices. Beyond that I could give f*#k all what they do. It's funny, just yesterday I was accused of being a Samsung hater, today I'm an Apple hater. Arguing with 5 year olds (or those with the intellectual maturity of them) is not why I come here. It's to have an informative discussion on tech. But the way the this site is going, I'd have more luck learning Chinese from old episodes of Kung Fu. Get this through your head, I AM NOT BLINDLY LOYAL TO ANY OS OR COMPANY, GOT IT? There are things I like about each, and things I don't. If someone not being 100% behind one camp and forsaking all others is something you can't wrap your head around, then I guess we have nothing more to say.
25. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Because Apple acts as if they are not copying that's why they deserve to be ridiculed. And yes their faonboys are also ridiculous.
11. rf1975 (Posts: 251; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Yes, they are...
Some of their innovation.
22. willard12 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Sorry, but you may wanto to use the updated story before spewing nonsense.
As for vacuums, at least they patent their own inventions and not the inventions of others.
23. Ninetysix (Posts: 1818; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It's fine that I beat up my kids because my neighbor does the same.
28. Topcat488 (Posts: 1185; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
All of todays disrespectful kids need to be beaten into God fearing humans... Yours, your neighbours, the brats down the way, across the street... It's okay to copy if it's for a good cause sometimes. You're right it's fine to beat them!