Forget TV, Apple may target cars next
1. gothicheart posted on 13 Nov 2012, 00:51 11 2
fix maps first, then get in the automotive business. People driving cars wont rely on a gadget that will make life more complicated for them, that will only get them lost. Rotten apple so greedy, and wants to earn more money when they cant even make quality and innovative products
4. Commentator posted on 13 Nov 2012, 00:54 5 6
Yeah, Apple is so terrible! Boo Apple! They're so greedy!
9. Commentator posted on 13 Nov 2012, 00:59 4 9
(In case you were wondering, I'm being sarcastic, but at least it will save the effort of several other fandroids' comments which would pretty much state the same things.)
29. Reluctant_Human posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:51 3 0
The first step to acceptance is admitting the truth. Glad your making progress :)
31. gothicheart posted on 13 Nov 2012, 13:21 1 0
that is right, glad that you're man enough to admit the truth, so proud of you man. and we didnt even notice you were being sarcastic ;)
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Nov 2012, 02:19 5 2
Here it is...Apple on cars...iDrive!!
Ford, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Audi....++ be-careful, the king of Patents is soon taking over your designs!! Start praying!!
16. noim1 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 02:29 7 1
they will soon Sue them for the shape of the car and 4 wheels ....oh no u don't 4 wheels only belong to Apple !!!
25. andro. posted on 13 Nov 2012, 04:45 2 0
If they progress with this then peoples cars will only be able to drive between ATM s and apple stores continually. Good for the environment perhaps bad for icons pockets
2. wendygarett posted on 13 Nov 2012, 00:52 1 7
i'm ready my installment plan for this babe :)
17. bayusuputra posted on 13 Nov 2012, 02:37 9 0
and a paper map, helmet and another phone with 911 in speed dial..
3. Commentator posted on 13 Nov 2012, 00:53 1 0
Cool beans, although distracted driving may be an issue if teenagers are playing Angry Birds on their cars the whole time... dagnabbit!
30. laheelahee posted on 13 Nov 2012, 12:28 0 0
lol. i love your profile pix!
i just imagine a grumpy grandpa talking :)
10. TheMan posted on 13 Nov 2012, 01:15 6 0
I hear Apple has a patent pending for a car design that from overhead looks like a rectangular with rounded corners
11. PapaSmurf posted on 13 Nov 2012, 01:21 0 2
If this is indeed true, $5 says they'll either patent the steering wheel or tires.
14. bachelorrn0121 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 02:19 1 0
google has it's own car.. "self-driving car"
19. mercorp posted on 13 Nov 2012, 03:39 1 0
I will take google's self drive any day.
20. AppleConspiracy posted on 13 Nov 2012, 03:41 0 1
I was telling this two years ago.
At that time, I watched Deutche Welle TV poll that resulted with the fact that more people in Germany like their (i)Phones (!) more than their cars, which is somewhat unprecedented for the state-symbol of automotive industry.
Automotive industry is in cultural crisis as it lost its significance. Except trying to ride on a wave of eco-movements, they are trying to borrow and implement mobile/information tech in cars but it's really not percievable by our culture.
Then I realised - the car waits for it to be reimagined. Then I naturally connected the conclusion with Apple, and then I heard Steve Jobs was actually planning to make Apple car.
However, to do this, car must stop being a car. It must become a gadget.
It can be only done with attaching a signifier (like Apple logo) and design approach that doesn't follow usual automotive rules.
Well, since everyone is not doing anything about that, I presume Apple will take this opportunity and become an industry leader - again. BMW could actually run for it's money just like Nokia now does, all because of Apple. It's a conspiracy allright, because I cannot believe the rest of the industry is so stupid.
Anyhow, since there is not Steve Jobs around, it could be proven as an epic failure, especially because nowadays Apple loses their significance and cult value. That is, of course, if they decide to enter this business at all.
21. hiBreed posted on 13 Nov 2012, 03:44 0 1
and you have to swipe the windshield to turn right, so i hear /s
22. hiBreed posted on 13 Nov 2012, 03:46 0 2
it would be called the iCar or iMobile and since apple is so premium, i woundn't expect anything less than $3m. seriously, apple has lost all sense of vision
24. gothicheart posted on 13 Nov 2012, 04:29 0 0
how can this post be true, when Nokia already came to an agreement with Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and VW to provide in-car apps and greater smartphone integration tech
and as for the amazing innovation in Apple, meet the Twingo Nokia Car... And the year that Nokia thought about this...2007, tsk tsk
27. tigermcm posted on 13 Nov 2012, 07:06 0 0
Scion has the iQ.......they might want to change the name before they get sued
28. rusticguy posted on 13 Nov 2012, 09:36 0 0
Apple is just playing catching up everywhere .. sadly their flock would call this innovatiojn :)