x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
  • Options
    Close




Foreign ownership in Verizon and T-Mobile prevent them from contributing to U.S. surveillance program

0. phoneArena 14 Jun 2013, 00:12 posted on

According to a report published Thursday in the Wall Street Journal, Verizon and T-Mobile cannot turn over data directly to the U.S. surveillance program run by the NSA because both have foreign corporate parents; Verizon is 45% owned by Britain's Vodafone (with the remainder 55% owned by Verizon Communications), and T-Mobile is owned by Germany's Deutsche Telecom...

This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here

posted on 14 Jun 2013, 01:09

1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)


Whistle blower Edward Snowden is missing from his Hotel room in Hiongkong.

posted on 14 Jun 2013, 10:32 1

2. lsutigers (Posts: 723; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)


The NSA / FBI's and federal government's wire tapping / intelligence systems run on private Sprint fiber networks. They are dedicated fiber backbones used solely for the feds and managed by Sprint but capable of tapping any carrier, internet provider, etc...Look up DCSNet for more info, the feds have had these PRISM capabilities for several years.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories