For 6th straight year, Apple is most admired company; Verizon tops among telcos
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:13
Apple has beat out Google to be named the most admired company for the sixth consecutive year by Fortune Magazine while at the same time, Verizon was named the most admired telecommunication company for the second straight time, and for the third time in the last four years; the complete listings will be available in the March 18th issue of Fortune on newsstands next week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:15 11 8
Ahh the magic of bribery....
3. AnTuTu posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:23 11 13
For 6th straight year, Apple is most admired company -------> Hahahahahah a big llllllllllllllllllollllllllllllllllllll to that :p
5. Ruckus posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:36 9 15
Why shouldn't they be admired? They are loaded with dough. Im no Apple fan but I do admire them for what they've accomplished. In a time when Sony, HTC, Nokia, and LG are losing their grip, Apple keeps surging ahead. Consider this too, they only release 1 phone a year and accomplish great sales. If any of you ran Apple, you'd be quite happy im sure.
Hate all you want but success speaks for itself.
13. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:08 8 7
Great post man. It's not about fanboy, or loving apple. It's about the bottom line, and apple is a rock solid, successful company. People hate, but they'd love to be in apples position. Expect lots of red for your unbiased, non subjective, highly intelligent comment.
48. AnTuTu posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:34 5 6
Because they can't afford to have another phone with crappy and buggy OS.
Go and check HTC, Nokia, LG and Sony's flagships to open your eyes. I do agree that Apple was good back in 2007, 2008 and 2009 but now it is just an old School kid.
79. HDShatter posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:17 1 1
A dual core 1.2ghz, 1gb ram, bad res 4" screen or a quad core a15, 2gb ddr3 ram with a 5" 1080p screen that cost less $ your choice.
83. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:47 2 3
You listed Samsungs future phone vs apples current. Apple will release another device or 2 this year. So just b patient. Your choice.
85. Ruckus posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:18 2 2
@AnTuTu I personally prefer Nokia and HTC to Apple. But they are going down a slippery slope and must strive to make a comeback. Apple meanwhile is the second Richest Company (in the worldwide I believe?) Next to Exxon Mobile.
HTC and Nokia wish they were Apple..
And that's coming from me a Windows Phone guy.. Check the unbiased box.
90. AnTuTu posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:48 0 2
lolzzz its not Exxon Mobile it is ExxonMobil :p
91. Ruckus posted on 28 Feb 2013, 22:13 0 1
45. Whateverman posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:24 7 5
Let's be honest, the last thing Apple innovated was the tablet in 2009
49. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:38 6 4
53. Whateverman posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:44 4 1
Your right, sorry. +1 for the save.
56. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:54 4 3
It's all good bro. +1 back at you
64. lyndon420 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:19 1 2
66. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:22 1 2
78. Lift_Off posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:00 1 3
ya hahahaha omglolz cRaPPIe fanz r sso lame heh lolz so dumb n undeducated#@ android users are sophisticated and better and alw@ys right ha ha yeah.
93. rusticguy posted on 01 Mar 2013, 08:03 1 0
Yup it requires innovation to keep fooling the same flock again and again and again :)
2. lyndon420 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:22 18 4
"Lack of innovation....and most innovative". Hmmm....definitely doctored and pointless.
44. tusshharish posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:22 6 1
"Apple being criticized recently for its lack of innovation"...............i love this sentence.....
63. androiddownsouth posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:15 4 4
King of innovation, um, no, not at all Mxy.
100. lyndon420 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 11:40 0 0
What color is the sky inside your little bubble there? (maybe get dark to answer this for you)
6. ama3654 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:39 2 1
Was the most admired in 2007, I really don't know about that now. Just talk about Apple anywhere or in any article and you'll see the majority reaction, i wonder where they got this information from.
18. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:15 2 2
The majority reaction is coming from a bunch of close minded, silly android fans. The intelligent android USERS don't dis apple, they critique apple.
32. joey_sfb posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:59 2 3
All this awards means nothing to me. Apple still suck!! and its not getting better.
39. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:07 4 4
K thanx for the info. I'll pass that along to apple for ya Joey.
65. joey_sfb posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:21 0 1
They know just not desperate enough to change. Apple will be the next Microsoft if they stay on present course. Their PR relation with the general public is at all time low. People hate apple! Lots of my friend WAS apple fan including me.
68. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:24 1 1
I feel u bro
92. stealthd posted on 28 Feb 2013, 22:22 2 0
I think the fans Joey here is referring are his high school classmates (with smartphones bought and paid for by their parents).
Yeah, this is Apple's PR low point alright, that's why they're on this list and they still have the top selling smartphones.
70. lyndon420 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:26 0 2
From executives and bigwigs who most likely got a deal on ipad orders for their companies employee's.
89. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:47 0 0
Saying most likely means you actually don't know. Now stop with the excuses mr lyndon apple is the most admired, cuz they practice big business better than others. Companies wanna squeeze out the competition, you don't think Pepsi and Chevy would love to squeeze out coke and ford? You don't think Sammy would love to squeeze out lg? It's what companies do dude. They're all greedy, and want every penny they can get...except Samsung. Samsung wants to only make $1.10 if the device costs $1.00, Sammy wants to give phones away for free, and make no profit cuz only apples greed rite? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite...
99. lyndon420 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 08:52 0 0
When it comes to 'most admired' opinions, I don't think bigwigs and executives should have one...only the consumers.
How's Mxyzptlk? You follow him around so much, its like you are his little side kick.
14. lolioslol (banned) posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:08 2 0
ipad minimini? Wouldn't that be the ipod?
And the ipad miniminimini would be the iwatch?
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:52 3 3
Most admired company? ARE those people serious? how bout the MOST HATED COMPANY
10. MattAdorno posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:55 0 0
They have excellent Brand image and they make oodles of cash - Of course the corporate crowd likes them.
11. Fruitpoop posted on 28 Feb 2013, 16:55 3 0
What are you guys talking about? Apple IS the most innovative company in the world. The new iPhone is bigger and adds another row of apps!!!!! Plus, its screen is super innovative!!! Who needs 1080p when you can have a lower resolution retina display?!!
12. luis_lopez_351 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:02 0 0
can the common people vote? I don't think these anti-humanity companies desereve spots. Non of these companies have fixed serious issues societies have when we all know they can because money is power. smh.
15. luis_lopez_351 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:10 0 0
and the main reason why alot of people hate apple is because they're rich, everyone knows it, but we don't see them doing anything to improve society. They're like those greedy emperors who destroyed great Rome. Or The spoiled city of Athens who destroyed the Greeks. History repeats itself. Spread the truth.
17. gallitoking posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:14 4 7
I love when I hear this kind of news... Apple may be hated here but outside in the real world Apple gets admiration ... and will continue to be around.. so keep hating.. just watch the ulcer.
21. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:22 5 4
If they only understood that gallito. This site is overran by a bunch of world of warcraft playing, lard butts, who troll every apple related article, all day everyday, and wonder why they're the majority. The business world, ya know those who selected apple as "the most admired company" don't bother with this posting garbage crap. They're too busy naming apple the most admired company, while the droiders sit on the couch and play armchair apple hater.
55. androiddownsouth posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:54 0 3
dark, you claim to be non biased, but with statements like that, you show a great amount of bias and resentment. You post as much or more than most other people on here, and defend Apple at every turn. Because of this, you might want to check your glass house before you throw stones at other people.
60. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:02 3 1
Bro tell me how I'm being biased by defending apple against pointless bashing, and senseless disrespect of its user base. It's not like you see me on android articles doing what a lot of android fans do on apple articles. Please copy and post one link of me doing that. Also do I ever defend apple at the expense of android. That would make me a hypocrite seeing as though I use both platforms. I like and respect apple as a company, but they do have questionable business practices that I despise. I also think apples been resting on their laurels, and need to come off their high horse and innovate more. All's not well in apple land with me but they are a great, and admired company.
62. androiddownsouth posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:13 1 3
I can't remember the last thing you've said that had anything positive relating to Android. All you've done lately is defend Apple. Also, you generalized all Android fans into one group of fat, lazy, WoW playing idiots. I am one of those Android fans, I don't troll bashing Apple, and I'm not some dumb couch potato.
If you want to think that a lot of people are that way, fine, but don't sit there passing judgement on all Android fans like you did. That is not your place, or anyone's, for that matter, Android, Apple, WP8, or BB fan.
73. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:33 0 0
Did I say WoW playing android fans, or did I say WoW playing lard butts. Now if by saying trolling every apple article everyday you assume I meant android users, then that's their fault for doing what they do to fit the description bro. And no you don't troll or disrespect
95. Ruckus posted on 01 Mar 2013, 11:36 1 1
If we're talking about Biases im pretty sure anyone with the name Android in their username is probably biased.
96. androiddownsouth posted on 01 Mar 2013, 14:55 0 0
Check my posts Ruckus, and you will see honest critique and opinion, but I don't down anyone for their choices. My fiancee is a die hard iPhone user, and that is her choice.
You don't know me nor do you know my posts apparently so you are in no position to cast any form of judgement upon me good sir.
98. lyndon420 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 08:45 0 0
Don't call him sir...it will go to his head and he'll chaulk it up as a small victory.
38. InspectorGadget80 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 18:07 2 2
seems like guys like u and FORTUNE don't realize APPLE hadn't really innovated anything in years. all their models looks the same
19. lauremar posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:20 2 0
Who cares... Google is trading in the stock market at about $800/share whereas Apple is, what is it now, $400/share and falling? 'Nuff said!!!
22. darkkjedii posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:29 0 6
Googles market cap value is 264 billion. Apples is 416 billion. Nuff said.
20. appleDOESNT.com posted on 28 Feb 2013, 17:20 5 2
I admire their high profit margins for mediocre tecnology.... if by admire I mean despise