For 6th straight year, Apple is most admired company; Verizon tops among telcos
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2013, 16:13 posted on
Apple has beat out Google to be named the most admired company for the sixth consecutive year by Fortune Magazine while at the same time, Verizon was named the most admired telecommunication company for the second straight time, and for the third time in the last four years; the complete listings will be available in the March 18th issue of Fortune on newsstands next week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nikenturd (unregistered)
Ahh the magic of bribery....
3. AnTuTu (Posts: 1184; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
For 6th straight year, Apple is most admired company -------> Hahahahahah a big llllllllllllllllllollllllllllllllllllll to that :p
5. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Why shouldn't they be admired? They are loaded with dough. Im no Apple fan but I do admire them for what they've accomplished. In a time when Sony, HTC, Nokia, and LG are losing their grip, Apple keeps surging ahead. Consider this too, they only release 1 phone a year and accomplish great sales. If any of you ran Apple, you'd be quite happy im sure.
Hate all you want but success speaks for itself.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Great post man. It's not about fanboy, or loving apple. It's about the bottom line, and apple is a rock solid, successful company. People hate, but they'd love to be in apples position. Expect lots of red for your unbiased, non subjective, highly intelligent comment.
48. AnTuTu (Posts: 1184; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Because they can't afford to have another phone with crappy and buggy OS.
Go and check HTC, Nokia, LG and Sony's flagships to open your eyes. I do agree that Apple was good back in 2007, 2008 and 2009 but now it is just an old School kid.
79. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
A dual core 1.2ghz, 1gb ram, bad res 4" screen or a quad core a15, 2gb ddr3 ram with a 5" 1080p screen that cost less $ your choice.
83. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You listed Samsungs future phone vs apples current. Apple will release another device or 2 this year. So just b patient. Your choice.
85. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
@AnTuTu I personally prefer Nokia and HTC to Apple. But they are going down a slippery slope and must strive to make a comeback. Apple meanwhile is the second Richest Company (in the worldwide I believe?) Next to Exxon Mobile.
HTC and Nokia wish they were Apple..
And that's coming from me a Windows Phone guy.. Check the unbiased box.
90. AnTuTu (Posts: 1184; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
lolzzz its not Exxon Mobile it is ExxonMobil :p
33. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5908; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Magic of innovation and quality products
45. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Let's be honest, the last thing Apple innovated was the tablet in 2009
78. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
ya hahahaha omglolz cRaPPIe fanz r sso lame heh lolz so dumb n undeducated#@ android users are sophisticated and better and alw@ys right ha ha yeah.
93. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yup it requires innovation to keep fooling the same flock again and again and again :)
2. lyndon420 (Posts: 2671; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
"Lack of innovation....and most innovative". Hmmm....definitely doctored and pointless.
44. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
"Apple being criticized recently for its lack of innovation"...............i love this sentence.....
63. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
King of innovation, um, no, not at all Mxy.
100. lyndon420 (Posts: 2671; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
What color is the sky inside your little bubble there? (maybe get dark to answer this for you)
6. ama3654 (Posts: 281; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Was the most admired in 2007, I really don't know about that now. Just talk about Apple anywhere or in any article and you'll see the majority reaction, i wonder where they got this information from.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The majority reaction is coming from a bunch of close minded, silly android fans. The intelligent android USERS don't dis apple, they critique apple.
32. joey_sfb (Posts: 4074; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
All this awards means nothing to me. Apple still suck!! and its not getting better.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
K thanx for the info. I'll pass that along to apple for ya Joey.
65. joey_sfb (Posts: 4074; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
They know just not desperate enough to change. Apple will be the next Microsoft if they stay on present course. Their PR relation with the general public is at all time low. People hate apple! Lots of my friend WAS apple fan including me.
92. stealthd (Posts: 1057; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I think the fans Joey here is referring are his high school classmates (with smartphones bought and paid for by their parents).
Yeah, this is Apple's PR low point alright, that's why they're on this list and they still have the top selling smartphones.
70. lyndon420 (Posts: 2671; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
From executives and bigwigs who most likely got a deal on ipad orders for their companies employee's.
89. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Saying most likely means you actually don't know. Now stop with the excuses mr lyndon apple is the most admired, cuz they practice big business better than others. Companies wanna squeeze out the competition, you don't think Pepsi and Chevy would love to squeeze out coke and ford? You don't think Sammy would love to squeeze out lg? It's what companies do dude. They're all greedy, and want every penny they can get...except Samsung. Samsung wants to only make $1.10 if the device costs $1.00, Sammy wants to give phones away for free, and make no profit cuz only apples greed rite? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite...
99. lyndon420 (Posts: 2671; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
When it comes to 'most admired' opinions, I don't think bigwigs and executives should have one...only the consumers.
How's Mxyzptlk? You follow him around so much, its like you are his little side kick.
7. Bernoulli (Posts: 2283; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Lol the picture says, ipad minimini hahaha!
14. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
ipad minimini? Wouldn't that be the ipod?
And the ipad miniminimini would be the iwatch?
8. Yassham (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Jan 2011)
It's all about that minimini in the image LOL
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Most admired company? ARE those people serious? how bout the MOST HATED COMPANY
10. MattAdorno (Posts: 19; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
They have excellent Brand image and they make oodles of cash - Of course the corporate crowd likes them.
11. Fruitpoop (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
What are you guys talking about? Apple IS the most innovative company in the world. The new iPhone is bigger and adds another row of apps!!!!! Plus, its screen is super innovative!!! Who needs 1080p when you can have a lower resolution retina display?!!
12. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
can the common people vote? I don't think these anti-humanity companies desereve spots. Non of these companies have fixed serious issues societies have when we all know they can because money is power. smh.
15. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
and the main reason why alot of people hate apple is because they're rich, everyone knows it, but we don't see them doing anything to improve society. They're like those greedy emperors who destroyed great Rome. Or The spoiled city of Athens who destroyed the Greeks. History repeats itself. Spread the truth.
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man SHUTUP!!! Ain't nobody got time for that.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I love when I hear this kind of news... Apple may be hated here but outside in the real world Apple gets admiration ... and will continue to be around.. so keep hating.. just watch the ulcer.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If they only understood that gallito. This site is overran by a bunch of world of warcraft playing, lard butts, who troll every apple related article, all day everyday, and wonder why they're the majority. The business world, ya know those who selected apple as "the most admired company" don't bother with this posting garbage crap. They're too busy naming apple the most admired company, while the droiders sit on the couch and play armchair apple hater.
55. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
dark, you claim to be non biased, but with statements like that, you show a great amount of bias and resentment. You post as much or more than most other people on here, and defend Apple at every turn. Because of this, you might want to check your glass house before you throw stones at other people.
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bro tell me how I'm being biased by defending apple against pointless bashing, and senseless disrespect of its user base. It's not like you see me on android articles doing what a lot of android fans do on apple articles. Please copy and post one link of me doing that. Also do I ever defend apple at the expense of android. That would make me a hypocrite seeing as though I use both platforms. I like and respect apple as a company, but they do have questionable business practices that I despise. I also think apples been resting on their laurels, and need to come off their high horse and innovate more. All's not well in apple land with me but they are a great, and admired company.
62. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I can't remember the last thing you've said that had anything positive relating to Android. All you've done lately is defend Apple. Also, you generalized all Android fans into one group of fat, lazy, WoW playing idiots. I am one of those Android fans, I don't troll bashing Apple, and I'm not some dumb couch potato.
If you want to think that a lot of people are that way, fine, but don't sit there passing judgement on all Android fans like you did. That is not your place, or anyone's, for that matter, Android, Apple, WP8, or BB fan.
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Did I say WoW playing android fans, or did I say WoW playing lard butts. Now if by saying trolling every apple article everyday you assume I meant android users, then that's their fault for doing what they do to fit the description bro. And no you don't troll or disrespect
95. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
If we're talking about Biases im pretty sure anyone with the name Android in their username is probably biased.
96. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Check my posts Ruckus, and you will see honest critique and opinion, but I don't down anyone for their choices. My fiancee is a die hard iPhone user, and that is her choice.
You don't know me nor do you know my posts apparently so you are in no position to cast any form of judgement upon me good sir.
98. lyndon420 (Posts: 2671; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Don't call him sir...it will go to his head and he'll chaulk it up as a small victory.
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
seems like guys like u and FORTUNE don't realize APPLE hadn't really innovated anything in years. all their models looks the same
19. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Who cares... Google is trading in the stock market at about $800/share whereas Apple is, what is it now, $400/share and falling? 'Nuff said!!!
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Googles market cap value is 264 billion. Apples is 416 billion. Nuff said.
20. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I admire their high profit margins for mediocre tecnology.... if by admire I mean despise