Follow-up to LG Optimus G planned for Q3 2013
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 21:17 posted on
The LG Optimus G Pro is expected to hit the US fairly soon, but word is already coming out about the plans for the follow-up to the LG Optimus G. According to Engadget, the next version of the LG Optimus G is planned to make its way around the world in Q3 of 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
come on I want a 6.3 phone with a tegra 4 or a qualcom 800..
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
2.9GHz is not enough!
How about 3.1GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000, octa-core processor with Android 5.1.1 Key Lime Pie and 5000mAH battery. And LG somehow can make the phone with an ultra slim body in just 6.00mm and 101g lightweight!
Oh wait! This is a concept! Nooooooooooooooo! xD
17. cezarepc (Posts: 439; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
No need for exaggerations, I'd be happy with the ff:
-4.7" to 5" 1080p screen (AMOLED/LCD doesn't matter)
-greater than or equal to 3000mah battery (removable)
-(28nm or better) quad-core soc, 2GB ram (A7,A9, A15), having a low-power core is a plus
-memory card slot
-8mp bsi sensor (or better), with stills and video recording having the same aspect ratio when used simultaneously.
-plastic body (preferably matte) for easy and cheap replacement
There. GS4 is the closest to these. But if LG can top this off with an A15 that would be gu-reat.
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree! But how about make the camera to 20MP, that would definitely wow a lot of peoples, and LG can compete with Sony! :)
20. cezarepc (Posts: 439; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Like I said, no need to exaggerate. Existing components can make my list happen man.
2. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I love the LG Optimus G, too bad the phone didn't really sell big even though it got really high rating.
Only negative thing said about it was LG Software updates
3. wumberpeb (Posts: 392; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Took 3 months for Jellybean, what's wrong with that?
4. TheLolGuy (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yeah people can't keep bringing up software updates forever... you guys are like a broken record.
12. imkyle (Posts: 938; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Given their old track record, 3 months like wum said is pretty damn good and fast.
14. puckhead (Posts: 76; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I have it, I bought it on launch day. AND it just got the JB update the other day for AT&T so I am pretty happy with it. Its a great phone especially now with JB
6. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Nothing will really matter. Come September and October the Galaxy Note 3 will reign supreme till July 2014. No Motorola Xphone or Nexus 5 or silly iphone 5s/6 or the new Lg Optimus G will never compare.
10. yyuu1000 (Posts: 149; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
You know what the nexus 5 will be like? Wow you are a legend, sike
15. puckhead (Posts: 76; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
you just wrote " NO .... wil never compare" thats 2 negatives, that means they will compare...
which btw the alot of ppl dont want a phone with an amoled display
7. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Nice, I expect another creative back panel~
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Really nice and sexy stylish modern looking phone this is™®
13. Taters (Posts: 2090; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Hmm, can't decide if I should wait for this or not.
18. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
LG should change thier Optimus UI. It looks great but not professional like Sense, Touchwiz and Xperia.