Flexible mobile displays: Interview from the research lab with Michael G. Helander
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:09
We sat for an interview with Michael G. Helander from the team that discovered a way to make flexible OLED displays with the efficiency of their rigid brethren, which are found in phones like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:12 4 2
Imagine having a phone called the Samsung Galaxy S Bendable...
6. -RVM- posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:15 2 1
omigad. every other phone is named revolution nowadays...
2. plgladio posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:23 2 0
Technology is amazing, we are happy when we use them, how would we feel if we really a part of it :)
3. pegasso posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:46 1 0
some devices like Toshiba Libretto would have single continuous screen instead of two separate screens.
5. rendHELL posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:55 1 0
it should be called samsung galaxy s 3 fold....
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 07 Dec 2011, 10:19 1 0
i guess we can really hope to see something like this in SGS IV or SGS V
9. Phoneguy007 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 11:56 0 0
I cant wait to see what new ideas comes from this.
10. clevername posted on 11 Dec 2011, 21:47 0 0
What would be really amazing is a flexible screen that could become rigid on demand. For example you can bend it at any place and have that place become rigid like a hinge. Imagine bending your tablet to form like a laptop and it stays in that position until you make it limp again, all effortlessly.
Well that's my flexible dream anyway.
11. Nadr1212 posted on 28 Sep 2012, 19:13 0 0
They better make flexible oled screens with high res and brightness