Flexible mobile displays: Interview from the research lab with Michael G. Helander
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2013, 08:55 posted on
We sat for an interview with Michael G. Helander from the team that discovered a way to make flexible OLED displays with the efficiency of their rigid brethren, which are found in phones like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Imagine having a phone called the Samsung Galaxy S Bendable...
4. Mehha (Posts: 26; Member since: 25 May 2011)
It'd rather be named as Samsung Galaxy Revolution
6. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
omigad. every other phone is named revolution nowadays...
19. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, companies have ruined the word innovation, revolution and premium...
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 740; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Galaxy Revolution or Galaxy Innovation....
2. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Technology is amazing, we are happy when we use them, how would we feel if we really a part of it :)
3. pegasso (Posts: 232; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
some devices like Toshiba Libretto would have single continuous screen instead of two separate screens.
5. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
it should be called samsung galaxy s 3 fold....
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
i guess we can really hope to see something like this in SGS IV or SGS V
18. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
S IV = 4, so probably not. It's more than likely we will see this on a Galaxy S6 for 2015 at the very earliest, by then the S Series will have been replaced by the F series, F=flexible.
8. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
very good article.
9. Phoneguy007 (Posts: 218; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
I cant wait to see what new ideas comes from this.
10. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
What would be really amazing is a flexible screen that could become rigid on demand. For example you can bend it at any place and have that place become rigid like a hinge. Imagine bending your tablet to form like a laptop and it stays in that position until you make it limp again, all effortlessly.
Well that's my flexible dream anyway.
11. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
They better make flexible oled screens with high res and brightness
14. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Thin, Flexible Screens and High Resolution Brightness, Like the brightness you'll notice on the NOTE 3. Wow,can't wait for this SAMSUNG! Wooo. Another Revolutionary device made by Samsung! We can't wait to buy this and imagine that you'll have a Flexible Screen from Samsung. I hope Samsung S5 will have a version of this too aside from S5 Active, or S5 Zoom. Come on Sammy, shut up and take my money! Release it ASAP!:)
15. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Ooops, beware. Samsung JEALOUS Haters will pour their bitterness and jealousy here! Haha. Sorry, many people likes this Flexible Screen phone! :)
16. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 May 2013)
One bigggg question,why do they dont putt plasic screens on phones like on the flexible phones?