Flexible Samsung tablet concept out with specs, bottom part folds to a stand and keyboard
0. phoneArena 23 May 2013, 04:46 posted on
Of note is the lack of a rear camera, as the top part of the slate is seemingly thinner than the bottom, which can bend, thus serving as both a stand, and maybe a keyboard half when the need arises, though the space seems too tight to fit a decent QWERTY...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
soon day will come that we can carry 11 inch tablet by folding it in half and keeping it smaller pockets.
8. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
We should be with samsung instead of nokia last 15 years..when things came to the right hands technology started flying than time...
Long live samsung..we all are with you .
With love .
12. rcl4444 (Posts: 38; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
Guys, starting to sound like some of those blindly faithful Apple fans here.
I have (and really like) SGS1,2 & 3 plus Samsung TV's and monitors, but I'm not about to buy everything Samsung nor believe they are all wonderful, best at everything they do or even care about me as a consumer!
Neither them nor ANY corporation are worthy of love or blind devotion. They're all in it for our money and profits, not for our well being.
I value fellow Android supporters for their objectivity (as compared to many Apple fans)... hope this isn't changing.
17. SPASE (Posts: 75; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I like the concept and I really hope Samsung goes with it.
doesn't make anyone a fanboy!!!
20. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I've shared the same sentiments with many other fellow Android users. Well said rcl4444.
3. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Samsung can take my money any time soon. Bring this on! [+]
4. decent4u (Posts: 71; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
wouldn't it be better if this folded vertically not horizontally this way it will also have a more DECENT QWERTY
(its so fun typing qwerty) qwerty qwerty qwerty qwerty hehe ;p
6. starandmountain (Posts: 50; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
i agree with you, they should fold it vertically. If you want to watch a serie you can use it as tablet and if you want to use it as a laptop. that would be the ultimate device! It does look nice too as it is now ghehe:P
5. Kurai (unregistered)
it looks elegant and beautiful!
7. Silencerzzz (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
This one definitely way more innovative than useless boom sound and blinfeed.
13. LukeTT (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Your sentence would've sufficed if it ended at "innovative". I agree that it's innovative, but I just don't think you need to go around bashing other companies for making their own technologies. Fanboyism won't make the world any better.
15. Silencerzzz (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
My comment came with the existing red thumb from other ignorant fanboy who thumbs down other's comment.
22. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
There is nothing innovative about boom sound, its still horrible phone speaker quality. Go get a pair of real speakers + a subwoofer if you want good sound quality. Blink feed is a ripoff of flipboard and is worse.
14. poping (unregistered)
pls patent this before the evil fruit copies it and sues everybody...
18. tokuzumi (Posts: 252; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
I wonder how well this will hold up. While it's only a rendering, if you bend plastic back and forth enough times, it eventually stresses, and breaks. If this is a real device, I will be curious to see how this is addressed.
21. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
The problem of samsung is the part where the display is bending gets lesser brightness over the period of usage..
Lets just wait and rely on these tech wizards
19. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 52; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Physical button (most likely capacitive buttons too) and onscreen buttons, just a concept that never come true!
28. Jermainesmit (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Always great to see my old concepts back. But yes this was based on does patents. I felt having 2 different colors made it stand out more. Lucky i know how to make things better now and of course getting better angles. Anyway thank you for sharing! (sad that they guy from Mobi removed my name and logo on more concept ugh)